Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hydro 2 problem

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    RON!!! Foam your car with a strong APC itll come off. Dont polish! You`ll affect the UK. And Also I found using hydro 4:1 it is WAY more user friendly. Hydro is not a coating you can take it off like wax my friend! In fact even using Wet diamond will knock them down.

Thanks Joe! Good tip.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Used a fine mist? I had streaks when I used more squirt less mist.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hydro 2 problem

actually, the uk has been on longer than I expected. you know ron has to try everything out there at least once. (a week that is).

Post Thanks / Like

I was unable to get Hydro streak free no matter how i followed their videos or instructions.
    With all the trouble to get rid of the streaks i would rather use a quality spray product like Wolfgang, Pinnacle etc instead.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

RON!!! Foam your car with a strong APC itll come off. Dont polish! You`ll affect the UK. And Also I found using hydro 4:1 it is WAY more user friendly. Hydro is not a coating you can take it off like wax my friend! In fact even using Wet diamond will knock them down.
    Smooth...is correct...I have used it on about 10 cars and no issue....but I use a pressure washer at 2800psi too...no need to polish....it`s not that serious....Apc....if you don`t have a pressure washer. .go to a coin wash and do it
    There. ...High pressure helps to to bond better

Post Thanks / Like

Ronny, I hope you get this sorted out today as I know this must be bothering you.

I have a question, the CQUK is supposed to be pretty bullet proof and you just applied it a few weeks ago, why add anything. Go drive that thing and stop messing with it. That is the whole attraction of these new long lasting coatings. More time to play with the toys

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe !!! Hopefully will get to try that today.

P.S. Don`t over think this! Treat it just like wax! But keep your UK!
    Again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    actually, the uk has been on longer than I expected. you know ron has to try everything out there at least once. (a week that is).
    Well it does have reload and hydro on it. LOTS of hydro

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    Smooth...is correct...I have used it on about 10 cars and no issue....but I use a pressure washer at 2800psi too...no need to polish....it`s not that serious....Apc....if you don`t have a pressure washer. .go to a coin wash and do it
    There. ...High pressure helps to to bond better

Thanks Wendell

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Ronny, I hope you get this sorted out today as I know this must be bothering you.

I have a question, the CQUK is supposed to be pretty bullet proof and you just applied it a few weeks ago, why add anything. Go drive that thing and stop messing with it. That is the whole attraction of these new long lasting coatings. More time to play with the toys

I am what I am, I is what I is.................
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

What kinda water was it mixed with to begin? What soap did you use to wash the car? What kinda sprayer on you using?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    What kinda water was it mixed with to begin? What soap did you use to wash the car? What kinda sprayer on you using?
    distilled water
    pb sss
    small garden sprayer

I think it`s the fact that I used a pressure sprayer and made sure that I saturated it instead of just a little (this is me we`re talking about)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just some random thoughts, perhaps in no particular order...

The first time I used Hydr02, I was disappointed. I mean the gloss, shine, water beading and slickness were all top notch, but I had streaks (and a lot of them) all over my motorcycle.

Brazenly applies it with no regards for other people`s instructions, I put it in a spray bottle, soaked by wet motorcycle with water, sprayed on a thick coat, and "blasted" it off with a garden hose...

The result was shiny, slick, streaky mess... Streaks on the matte finishes, streaks on the paint, streaks on the seat.... Just streaks... After a lot of rubbing these fresh high spots, I removed 90 percent of them.

I watched a few videos on how other people did (Product was VERY new at the time and little information was available). I decided to work backwards...

For my next application, I started by mixing in a spray bottle, wetting my car, and applying 1 mist to the pane. Then I blasted it with a hose and was AMAZED at how far the one mist covered.

I worked the rest of the car -wet - 1 mist - rinse & spread at a time. While this took much longer, I was left with a slick, shiny, waterbeading finish with no streaks.

What amazed me was how very little I used. 1 mist at the top of the door would usually spread to cover part of the roof, down the window, and some of the bottom half of the door.

I was able to cover my entire Speed3 in about 11-12 mists, maybe a few more.

Then I started to build up, on different cars, seeing how much more I could use and not get streaking, how much less I could use, different dilutions etc. Now I have no where near the experience with Hydr02 as some of the guys that use this stuff frequently, but I did to take a systematic approach...

Here is what I learned

Hydr02 spreads like crazy. If you apply it to a wet surface and blast it with water, the water will transport it to far reaches of your paint, into door jambs, under door handles, behind mirror housing, etc... Very little goes a very long way

I find that it works better between 1:6 & 1:8 dilution for user friendliness. Remember that it should be applied to wet paint, and the amount of water on the paint will vary greatly. You can play with the dilution and find what works best for you, with little loss in durability or performance - in my experience.

The wetter and more uniform the surface, the easier it is to apply Hydr02. Freshly coated, waxed or sealed surfaces can a be little more difficult to get streak-free coverage as the water beads and runs off. The easiest surface be one were water lays flat.

When working on freshly waxed, sealed or coated surfaces, I have reduced the dilution to 1:8 and found it made it much more forgiving to streaks.

I prefer a high-atomizitaion trigger sprayer over other types of application. Preferably something with good volume per long throw, as it lets you really sweep the mist out. Mist 1, 2 or 3 times to cover the area and blast off immediately.

I have tried literally every bottle and sprayer we sell, including pressure pump sprayers, and found that this simple one works best for me: 36 Ounce Detail Bottle

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice tips. Thanks for sharing Todd. Next time I apply I think I will watch to see how far one spray covers as I am probably using a little much.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips Todd. I ordered some and just waiting for it`s arrival. So diluting the mixture more than the recomended 3:1 make applying it easier? Also do you guys mix just what you need to use at a time? Or do you mix it and keep it around for later?

Post Thanks / Like

hydro 2 problem

I mix with distilled water and keep it around. I have had no issues with it sitting on a shelf for 6 months and using it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wors for the quick response! I was going to mix some in a larger spray bottle (4:1 or 5:1) since I do have a black vehicle. Then mix enough to be in a 16oz spray bottle, so 3 or 4 oz of the product then distilled water. Need to find a nice shaded area!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Very nice tips. Thanks for sharing Todd. Next time I apply I think I will watch to see how far one spray covers as I am probably using a little much.
    I found the spray and blast to reveal how little goes a very long way...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information