Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

Hoping you can help me here. I`ve been using my MTM Hydro Foam Cannon with my new Generac pressure washer (2500 psi/2.3 GPM)...I get a very nice thick foam for about the first 10-15 seconds of use, but then it immediately dissipates and turns very "watery". I`ve been putting 3 oz of Chemical Guys Maxi Suds into the bottle and then filling almost to the top with hot water. Any idea why this is happening? I don`t know if it is product or user error, but everyone else seems to get a nice, consistent, thick foam using this cannon with this soap.

Thanks,
    2000 Eclipse GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Put hot water in first and then put in the soap. Then mix the bottle. Then use it. Try that and see if it works

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you use warm water and shake the bottle well? I know when I mix this stuff all the shampoo goes to the bottom. When the water is cold, it takes a bit of shaking to mix it. Shake the bottle with the mechanism off the top using your palm as a stopper. Always add water first, soap last. If you shake it with the top on it will leak out the top.

If that doesn`t work there is something wrong with the foamer or your set-up. Are you using a Karcher adapter by any chance? They have an O ring ( other adapters may as well, but I`m only familiar with the Karcher) in the adapter that is easy unseated. Usually this will cause a leak at the adapter, but could mess up anything.

Also I would check that the intake straw is firmly seated so it can suck up soap. There is a filter in the mechanism as well (brass) that can clog, but that usually is over time.

See if this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been shaking the bottle up to mix it but I have been putting soap in first so that might be my problem. I will try water first then soap to see how that works. Thanks guys.
    2000 Eclipse GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried putting the warm water in first and then topping it off with soap yesterday. It was a consistent foam, but it still wasn`t the thickness I was looking for based on what I`ve seen on YouTube vids and other thread pictures using the MTM cannon and comparable pressure washers. The thickness I`m getting is what you would expect to get from using a foam gun with a garden hose...not a pressure washer.

I`m starting to think I have a defective cannon. My pressure washer should be powerful enough to generate a thick foam, I`m using 3-5 oz of soap, the siphon hose is on securely (along with all other fittings), I`ve mixed the bottle thoroughly, I`ve experimented with the knobs, etc. I can`t think of what else I might be doing wrong...
    2000 Eclipse GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be your water ?

All the cannon does is aerate the product..inducing the foam.

I can`t recall ever *struggling* with a foam cannon aside from dialing the product/water ratio.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use an 1800psi karcher/maxi suds, and I get great foam. I don`t measure, just put in 1" of soap, then fill the rest with water. shake it up and foam gun knob all the way open.

for reference, I get 2 cars worth of use out of one fillup.

Post Thanks / Like
    For GOD`S SAKE nobody mention foam gun to Dan!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GS-R Jay
    I tried putting the warm water in first and then topping it off with soap yesterday. It was a consistent foam, but it still wasn`t the thickness I was looking for based on what I`ve seen on YouTube vids and other thread pictures using the MTM cannon and comparable pressure washers. The thickness I`m getting is what you would expect to get from using a foam gun with a garden hose...not a pressure washer.

I`m starting to think I have a defective cannon. My pressure washer should be powerful enough to generate a thick foam, I`m using 3-5 oz of soap, the siphon hose is on securely (along with all other fittings), I`ve mixed the bottle thoroughly, I`ve experimented with the knobs, etc. I can`t think of what else I might be doing wrong...

Do you finally solve your problem... I do get a MTM cannon foam and I have the exact same issue... I first figured it was the direction of the little arrow on the cannon end part but it didin`t solve my problem.

I will try something else this week-end and let you know.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I don`t want to look like speaking to myself, but here is how I resolve the exact same issue using my mtm cannon foam, I have tightens all the bolts so that the canon is screwed on very squeezed to the adapteur and since, all is perfect.

Thread Information