Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailnByDustn
    Really wow, learn something new, even to the side walls where the wheel doesnt hit the pavement

If your "wheel" is hitting the pavement, the type of tire dressing you used is the least of your worries!

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing about detailing bikes is the wash... once it is very clean you can polish with anything that works for you. I dont have to tell you about dressing bike tires...your probably tired of hearing. If the bike was Filthy 150.00 bucks is agood price. If it takes two hours perhaps it was not that dirty....then 120.00 bucks might be adequate. Take before and after pics...people quickley FORGET how they mistreat their rides. Good luck Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    The thing about detailing bikes is the wash... once it is very clean you can polish with anything that works for you. I dont have to tell you about dressing bike tires...your probably tired of hearing. If the bike was Filthy 150.00 bucks is agood price. If it takes two hours perhaps it was not that dirty....then 120.00 bucks might be adequate. Take before and after pics...people quickley FORGET how they mistreat their rides. Good luck Ben

Thank you ben, great advise
    United States Air Force

Missile Maintenance Technician

Barksdale AFB

2005 SS Silverado

2011 Honda Fury

Post Thanks / Like
    i use ONR on my bike all the time, it worksgreat
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look at these two ducatis I did, might help you see what these guys are talking about. The little things in the nooks and crannies make a big difference in the overall look (especially on the red wheels)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...pic-heavy.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...rrections.html

Hope that helps. I`ve done a bunch of bikes, so hit me up if you have some more questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know how to say this w/o sounding like just another guy with his choice of miracle product, but please trust me on this and get a can of the following....

Liquid Performance Spray Polish

I`m 56, been riding since `69, and i`ve used a boatload of products over the years. I have a cabinet full of various things in the garage right now, and while i like some better than others, nothing i have ever used is as good as this stuff as a complete one step clean and finishing product. It`s truly amazing. here a little story for ya....my next door neighbor has several high end cars including a black $85k beemer with super nice chrome wheels. I told him how amazing this stuff works on chrome and lent him my can to try. Next time i saw him he told me he ordered 3 cans and showed me the wheels. They just glowed like you never see chrome look. Then just the other day he was finishing off his beemer with a washing and i told him he should try it on the paint because it`s equally amazing there. I kid you not, i heard him say things like "amazing" "incredible" Over and over literally 10 15 times in a couple minutes. Funny thig is, i never tried it on my car. the bike yes, but the bike is new and the finish is fantastic as is, so it makes it better but not like it did when i tried it on my car. All i can say is unbelievable ! My car, which by the way i have tried every kind of detailer you can imagine on and countless waxes, came out looking so much better than anything i`ve used it was truly shocking. The thing looks like someone just sprayed 10 coats of clear laquer on it. And the protection is i believe going to be second to none. I honestly believe it will last longer than waxes because you can feel it on the finish. It`s hard to explain, but i know it will protect better than anything i`ve ever used and i believe longer. When you spray it on it comes out like a white waxy concoction but as you mwipe it off it evaporates almost imediatly and leaves what feels and looks like a thick coat of plastic. I have never seen my car look nearly like this before.

I know this all sounds like just another crackpot pushing his idea of what works good on you, but i swear this stuff is honestly in a whole other league than anything i`ve used. I have basically $hit-canned pretty much all the other products i used in the past and do my entire bike with this stuff. It`s truly one step. I will now start using it on my car too, and i doubt i will ever need to wax it again. Just take my advice and take a chance and try this stuff. And no, i am not a shill for the company or anything like that. I just found the product of a lifetime out of the hundreds of products i`ve used since i started riding/driving in `69, and i honestly just want to share what i know is an amazing product. By the way, one can lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its probably full of silicone, which is what gives it such a great shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the old, no longer made Honda Spray Polish, which is still more-or-less produced by a slew of different manufacturers under different product names, and used by a plethora of bike owners across the spectrum. I been through many cans of the stuff as well, to the point of buying a case of the Honda version before it was phased out a few years ago... and I`ve never even owned a Honda.

Yeah, it really is good stuff, used as a more elaborate spray detailer. Cleans up a bike really well- bug remnants, tar, brake dust, etc all come off easier than with anything I`ve seen. And it does leave a nice temporary gloss. No reason it can`t do all of the above on anything with paint, really.

However, personally I`ve never really found it to be any sort of a replacement for the polish/LSP/QD regiment. That`s just my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not exactly like the honda stuff from what i`ve read. I think it`s more protectant/gloss and less cleaner. It cleans well enough to remove light stains/dirt etc, but i wouldn`t call it a cleaner really. It just does that well enough that you don`t need a cleaner as long as it`s not really dirty. If i were to clean up a lot of greasy dirt i would use a dedicated cleaner first. But i keep my bike clean so it never gets to that point. Anyway, the difference between this and the honda cleaner isn`t from experience, i read it. there are a lot of take-offs of the honda stuff, but apparently not all are the same. I also heard the honda stuff leaves greasy smudges that take a bit of rubbing to remove. This stuff is really easy. I still can`t get over what it did for my car. Every time i see it i`m just amazed. I understand most of you here who are deeply into this stuff or doing it for a living wouldn`t want to give up other products, but i already have because it not only gives me results i`m amazed with, but i can do my entire car (assuming it`s clean) in literally 5-10 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    It IS a bad idea, and the problem is not the stuff being on the sidewall. The problem is when it`s on the tread. But you see, the problem is that even tho you are careful and don`t get any on the tread, it creeps from the sidewall onto the tread due to the centrifugal force the spinning tire has on it. I learned this when i first tried some tire dressing and later noticed that even tho i was very careful not to get any on the tread, after riding a while it worked it`s way onto the tread and eventually it make about the first inch of tread from the edge of the sidewall slick and hard ! i had to sand it off. Luckily it wasn`t a bike i rode very hard in the twisties so i rarely ventured to the very edge of the tire. Had i done so i have no doubt it could have been bad.

And don`t think that just because you wiped all excess of it won`t do this. Somehow even the thin layer thats left after you wipe excess off still makes it`s way to the tread. It did on mine anyways. I will never use that stuff again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailnByDustn
    Really wow, learn something new, even to the side walls where the wheel doesnt hit the pavement

Hey next time your behind the bike look how far down the sidewall the tire is worn. Especially on a sportbike. It goes more than halfway down sometimes. Def a no no

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information