Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 105 for the first time this weekend as the sole polish on a black Expedition and was pleasantly suprised by it. The truck`s paint had a haze that I couldn`t explain, other than looking like someone had applied a chemical of some sort and let it dry, and 105 made easy work of it. It didn`t blow me away with it`s swirl removing ability, although it did get the job done after a couple passes with the PC, but it was incredibly easy to work with and left no dusting whatsoever which is always a good thing. It was very easy to remove, had a nice smell to it, but it is a bit on the thin side. I could see using this regularly as a final polish. I pushed it pretty hard today and it came through for me, but I don`t think it was meant to be used as I did today.

At the end of the day, this is a very competent product that earns high marks in cost and ease of use. The thinness of the product agitated me a bit as it made a bit of a mess on the cap of the bottle, but overall I`d give it 4 out of 5 stars.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought 105 was a LSP. Learne something new every time I read this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an LSP, but it does have very very very slight cleaners in it. Probably just enough to remove some super light scratches.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    105 is a All in One type product. It uses Polymer protection, and chemicals for cleaning, abrasive free. So if you need something for swirl removal, reconsider. I like to use it as a maintenance cleaner /protectant for better looking paints. Then top with #111. Pink Buffing Gel, to my knowlege is really the only true "polish" they make.

Duraglosses nomenclature for detailing is not the best.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    I thought 105 was a LSP. Learne something new every time I read this forum.
    I guess it could be used as an LSP, if you use cleaner waxes as LSP`s. I don`t, but I guess it could be done. I have done it before back when I used Zymol`s cleaner wax. Here`s an example of what this stuff did for me this weekend

Before

After

Excuse the grainy pictures, I don`t know why they came out like that. I need to play with the settings a bit.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have never put 105 in a "cleaner" wax category. 105 to me is definatly NOT an All in one or a cleaner wax, it`s cleaners are so slight, they might as well not be there.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    Well, I have never put 105 in a "cleaner" wax category. 105 to me is definatly NOT an All in one or a cleaner wax, it`s cleaners are so slight, they might as well not be there.
    Hmmmmmmm.............please define "Clean, shine and protect" for me (As stated on the website)

And by the looks of RKF s job, I would say it cleaned up pretty good!

..........I always thought it had pretty good cleaning ability. Its the true defined, "polishing" that has always troubled me......

Maybe you havent really had a need, or used its cleaning properties Brandon?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, reading the label, it clearly states that it cleans and polishes "in one step" and it`s a polymer wax formula...............

I don`t agree with your assessment of how slight the cleaners are in this product. I tackled some pretty decent swirls and heavy haze yesterday on an Expedition and it handled it quite nicely. The haze was crazy, it looked like some baked in product. After washing I tried to rub it off with my finger but it did nothing. Got some QD and a MF, again, did nothing. So I busted out an orange CCS and 105 and this is what happened.

Not exactly what I`d call slight, nearly non-existent cleaning ability
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehh, it still for me has never had that cleaning ability. It looks like it worked for you, but I have never experienced anything like that. I still think it`s meant more for an LSP than a cleaner wax, but that`s just me.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Function of the pad?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehh, it still for me has never had that cleaning ability. It looks like it worked for you, but I have never experienced anything like that. I still think it`s meant more for an LSP than a cleaner wax, but that`s just me.
    Everyone`s entitled to their own opinion, I just thought I`d post up some factual findings to show that it has significantly more cleaning power than you give it credit for.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I aint having a problem with you posting. If it works for you then hell yeah, i`m just saying I think it was meant more for an LSP app. than a cleaner wax, but in your applicaiton it seemed to work well enough.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it in conjunction with DG PBA and it has given my Toyota a nice shine, I use AW about every 3rd wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering what pad you used? It sounds like the pad did a lot of the work to make up for what little cleaners there are in #105. The vehicle came out great either way!! GOod job!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t been able to find 105 locally (yet). I didn`t think 105 was an AIO either. I thought 101 was thier AIO type product? I used 108 (101 clone), and it had some nice, mild cleaning abilities.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information