Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, yeah! I think that would be safe to say, but that`s pretty much par for the course wouldn`t ya say? For example, OP can be used with a cutting pad for paint correction and then used again with a polishing pad for the final polish as well, which goes to show that the pad dictates the level of polishing and/or correction the combo will yield.

Right....but OP is a polish that is designed only for polishing. While #105 says that it`s "formulated to clean, shine and protect" I think it`s main function is as an LSP. The fact that you got the results you did is great! My only concern is that you had to work a lot harder than maybe you should have if you had used something like OP. Imagine how much better it could have turned out had you used an actual polish!

Either way it looks great! I hope you don`t take any of the constructive criticism the wrong way. Everyone here is just trying to help you do the best job you can. I am actually in Sacramento as well so if you want to hook up just PM me and we can get together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda late in the thread but I have talked to the Duragloss guy and 105 is considered by them as a LSP.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    Kinda late in the thread but I have talked to the Duragloss guy and 105 is considered by them as a LSP.
    Did you define "LSP" to them?

In my own personal definition, LSP does not contain any dedicated cleaners. The label is misrepresenting the product then.

This is why I moved away from Megs products. The labels/products were too confusing.

Maybe a better question would have been "What are 105`s cleaning capabilities"?

I think we are all in agreement, and LSP should not "clean, shine and protect"? Otherwise it would be known as a all in one type of product.

Heres an interesting description of Klasse AIO, from the Autopia store.........

"Klasse All-In-One Car Wax is an easy-to-use paint cleaner, polish and synthetic car wax (sealant) in one.

"

Striking resemblance in terminology.

***News flash...

Product update per DG chemist: 12pm PST

I explained I was having some difficulties in understanding exactly what 105 is best used for, as the labels on some DG products may be misleading or confusing. These were his answers.

In order of cleaning aggressiveness, from least capability, to most.

In order of most protection, from least protective quality to most protection.

105 is the "latest and greatest in terms of Duragloss Technology (and I quote) it is our best all in one type of product".

In regards to protection I asked, does it offer the least ability to protect. He explained although differences may not be discernable in the field, the reflective glass test in the lab illustrates it has the least amount of protection, and this may be in relation to its abundance of cleaning properties, over the other 2.

Hopefully this clears the air.

Carry on DG fans, the fog has lifted......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick

105 is the "latest and greatest in terms of Duragloss Technology (and I quote) it is our best all in one type of product".

In regards to protection I asked, does it offer the least ability to protect. He explained although differences may not be discernable in the field, the reflective glass test in the lab illustrates it has the least amount of protection, and this may be in relation to its abundance of cleaning properties, over the other 2.
    It has the most protection of the three, or the least amount of protection??:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Did

Never mind. I just read my post...in order of most protection, from least protective to most is what through me for a few minutes..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTowers
    It has the most protection of the three, or the least amount of protection??:think:

Nevermind, you got it

Post Thanks / Like

***News flash...

Product update per DG chemist: 12pm PST

I explained I was having some difficulties in understanding exactly what 105 is best used for, as the labels on some DG products may be misleading or confusing. These were his answers.

Those answers don`t make a bit of sense to me. So, what he is saying for protection, is that 105 offers the least durability, when it is now touted as their most protective product they`ve yet produced. Even says on the bottle it is supposed to last 1 year! None of the other products say that, AFAIK, and I know that 101 isn`t going longer than a year! The order should be 105, 111, 101 for protection/durability from greatest to least in my experience. Even before 105 came out, 111 was always way more durable than 101, as it`s a pure sealant. So, now they are going to release a new sealant (105) that is their least durable??

As far as cleaners go, again makes no sense to me. I have personally found 101 a *ton* more aggressive than the 105. 101 is also the least durable (probably because it is loaded with cleaners, much more so than 105). I have removed some pretty harsh surface grime with 101, that 105 wouldn`t even begin to touch. I know this as fact.

Therefore, those answers just don`t add up for me, in what I`ve seen personally. From my experience, 101 would last roughly 2.5-3 months *at best* on my cars, whereas I`ve got 105 going 5-6 months easy. If 105 lasted less than 2.5 months, AquaWax would be as durable! I know that`s not the truth!

From extensive use with all of their sealants, I have seen the following personally:

1) 101 lasts 2.5 to 3 months at best and it`s dead

2) 111 lasts about 4-4.5 months

3) 105 lasts 5-6 months before it dies

4) AW lasts 2.5-3 months for me
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yall are missing the point here. #105 is an LSP, with minor minor cleaners. Z-5PRO is labled as a polish, but also has MINOR cleaners, but it is regarded as an LSP. #105 is definatly not a final finishing polish or a capable AIO. Put AIO on half an oxidised hood and then do the other half with #105, see what comes out better. The friggin AIO!
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Tiger, use according to your findings. All I`am sharing (as has been my experience) is what the chemist told me this afternoon. Take it with a grain of salt if you desire.

Again, DG said 105 is there all in one type product, it has the most cleaners. It is there most advanced product, not most advanced sealant. Meaning it serves more then one purpose. Where do you find it being touted as there most durable product?

As far as not understanding :

#111 (Least capable of paint cleaning)

#105 (Most capable of paint cleaning)

#105 (Least protection)

#111 (Most protection)

Hopefully this is more understandable?

Maybe some of you dont interpret LSP (Last step/stage protectant) as I do.....If your LSP has cleaners, (LSCP) so be it. I would prefer mine, not have any......

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehh, I have never experienced that at all. Here is my chart

IN ORDER OF CLEANING AGGRESSIVNESS, FROM LEAST TO MOST.

IN ORDER OF MOST PROTECTION FROM LEAST TO MOST

I feel as if that will be how most other users will rate the Duragloss products as they use them.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some of you dont interpret LSP (Last step/stage protectant) as I do.....If your LSP has cleaners, (LSCP) so be it. I would prefer mine, not have any......

Then I guess you dont use Z-5PRO or NXT for a LSP.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    Then I guess you dont use Z-5PRO or NXT for a LSP.
    Ummmmmmmmmm, no. I have a few select products I use on a regular basis, that I have found great success with. Please elaborate on your comment.

NXT does have some mild cleaning ability, and probably less so then 105. NXT is labeled as a "Protectant" aka LSP, refer to the Meguiars home page. Not a mention of cleaners, as they are so subtle. It is not marketed as a AIO product.

101 is labeled as "Removes fine scratches and oxidation, UV protection, acid and alkali resistant.

My world translation, has some cleaning ability, and protects. All in one type product.

105 is labeled "Synthetic Polymer Wax formula that cleans and protects in one step".

My world translation, all in one type of product.

111 is labeled as "Non abrasive formula, UV Protection, resists acid and alkali"

My world translation, sealant, LSP.

As for Z-5, dont know a thing about it.........

Hey you believe what ya want! If you have a disagreement with the chemical maekup of a product, and its manufacturers description, take it up with the manufacturer, not me. I didnt make the stuff. If you findings are different then the chemists` lab tests, well, I dont know what to tell you.

All three afoementioned DG products are worthy detailing products. Use them to your best ability. If you get better results with a more aggressive pad, then fabuloso! Its NEVER all pad, or all product, or all technique. Its a combination of all three that take your results a step higher then the scratch and dash detailer.

IN ORDER OF CLEANING AGGRESSIVNESS, FROM LEAST TO MOST.

105 / 111

111 / 101

101 / 105

IN ORDER OF MOST PROTECTION FROM LEAST TO MOST

101 / 105

111 / 101

105 / 111
    As for your findings, take it up with the people who made the stuff, as it contradicts what the chemists said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok then dude, keep on truckin! I will still belive the false statement that #105 is pure LSP, but thats just me.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon, and Mike, I dont care how you use it. Im just informing all readers, that this is what the chemist told me. And thats how I use it, and find it most beneficial to my needs.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose
    Right....but OP is a polish that is designed only for polishing. While #105 says that it`s "formulated to clean, shine and protect" I think it`s main function is as an LSP. The fact that you got the results you did is great! My only concern is that you had to work a lot harder than maybe you should have if you had used something like OP. Imagine how much better it could have turned out had you used an actual polish!

Either way it looks great! I hope you don`t take any of the constructive criticism the wrong way. Everyone here is just trying to help you do the best job you can. I am actually in Sacramento as well so if you want to hook up just PM me and we can get together.
    Yeah, I conceded as much (working harder than I should have) but I knew going into it that it would be an experiment.

Yes, I know OP is a dedicated polish, but guys are trying to undercut my findings by saying "function of the pad" as if this is some sort of exception or something. Take any polish and use it with a cutting pad vs. a finishing pad and you`ll see a big time difference, so does that mean the polish should not be given any credit for the end results?

I guess there are two different schools of thought on this product, we all have our own opinions and ways of using products that best suit us, who`s to say if either is right or wrong?

Hey bro, do you have any OP you`d like to sell me?
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information