PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Polish and ShoKar Twins

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Anthony O.
02-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Houston.......we have a go! I repeat, Houston we have a go!:D

(slight fanfare)

I am being shipped, as I type, 4 quarts of Optimum Car Polish:bounce Man I have been using this stuff now for some time and speaking about it and it is FINALLY being packaged and sold! This is one great polish and I have a slew of Porsches (5 and counting) coming up (as soon as it stops raining:mad: ) and I`ll be sure to post up pictures and a brief review....also try to get in some "how to" pics.

I am also pleased (although cautiously so) to hear that ShoKar is also going to be sold soon. It had to pass the VOC regulations and it did so and I believe Irene at Top of the Line will be selling it. Not sure when they will have it in stock but you can bet I am first in line:D

Anthony

TDMAN
02-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Good to hear from you Anthony! I am anxiously awaiting the polish. I have all the Hi Temp stuff and the Menzerna IP and FP lines. How do I justify buying this stuff? How abrasive is it? Is it best to use Hi Temp LC as a comparison or is much more abrasive? Will you need to use another polish after it (like FP) or is it 1 stop shopping? I really like their stuff and I am trying to market an Optima package in my business: wash, polish, wax. Let me know. Send me a PM if you want. Will be watching to see what you post. BTW, I have a Cyclo, PC, and Metabo. What is your preference with the polish? Boy I guess I wasn`t done.. Take care

Anthony O.
02-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TDMAN

Good to hear from you Anthony! I am anxiously awaiting the polish. I have all the Hi Temp stuff and the Menzerna IP and FP lines. How do I justify buying this stuff? How abrasive is it? Is it best to use Hi Temp LC as a comparison or is much more abrasive? Will you need to use another polish after it (like FP) or is it 1 stop shopping? I really like their stuff and I am trying to market an Optima package in my business: wash, polish, wax. Let me know. Send me a PM if you want. Will be watching to see what you post. BTW, I have a Cyclo, PC, and Metabo. What is your preference with the polish? Boy I guess I wasn`t done.. Take care

Hey TDMAN,

The Optimum Polish will level 1500 sanding marks with a wool pad and then you can put on a polishing pad to remove the wool pads swirls and then put on a finishing pad and still using the Opt. polish, give yourself one hell of a swirl free finish ready to be sealed. I know this becuse I have done it myself.

Wait till you see this black Porsche Turbo I am working on. It is all done with Optimum Polish and the Menzerna FP. The FP and the OCP are just a fantastic 1-2 punch! I can`t find anything that gives me better results and now with Shokar I am very interested to see the results of the black Turbo as I`ll be topping it off with the Shokar.

It works best with a rotary but can also be used with orbitals and even by hand. I have not tried it by hand yet so can`t really comment.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Bill D
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

As for the Optimum Polish, it will level 1500 sanding marks with a wool pad and then you can put on a polishing pad to remove the wool pads swirls and then put on a finishing pad and still using the Opt. polish, give yourself one hell of a swirl free finish ready to be sealed. I know this becuse I have done it myself.

Impressive. Sounds like a true one size fits all correction product. Does it correct outright or partially fill and correct?

chevyguy28
02-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Anthony,

I`m looking to do a swirl removal and have FPII on my shelf. Was looking to purchase IP for my first step. Do you think this Optimum stuff will give me better results? I need a cutting action with my PC similar to that of 3M FI-II, which is what I have used in the past. No problems with the 3M polish, but I have a feeling there are better products out there, if FPII is any indication.

Scottwax
02-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Anthony-I heard the same news about Shokar. So far for me, it is holding up well and looks great after 6-7 weeks. I like it on everything but black but a carnauba topper solves that. Just personal preference because everyone else loved how my car looked with just Shokar. I have noticed that using Quikshine over it does add some depth though.

This is how my car looked after using Shokar on it:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878my626_shokar_rear.jpg

And you can see how it excels on lighter colors with this Miata:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8782001_mazdamiata_shokar_rearfender.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8782001_mazdamiata_shokar_side.jpg

I`ve also used OCW a few times and I like it as well. It has more of a carnauba look to me. Very easy to use too.

mgm2003
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
4 quarts of Optimum polish! I was happy with a 4oz. sample. I agree that it`s awesome polish, and easy to work with. I`ve used it a few times via the cyclo with good results. I find it to be an `all in one` polish. It removes defects (within reason), and doesn`t leave behind any micro marring (from the few times I`ve tried it). I think you could probably consolidate a lot of your polishes. IMO it`s a real time saver -just like OCW.

jmsc
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
mgm:

This is one of the few products on my buy list this year. It looks very promising in my eyes. Like you say an All-In-One product.

Can you rate its approximate aggressiveness (on the Meguiar`s 1-10 scale) when used with a Cyclo/PC and the different pads or can you compare Optimum with say IP, FP II, DACP, some 3M products?

Corey Bit Spank
02-22-2005, 06:23 PM
eShine isn`t going to be selling it (ShoKar)?

What`s Optimum on the scale of things?

Wasatch
02-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Can the Polish be used by hand with excellent results?

Anthony O.
02-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Impressive. Sounds like a true one size fits all correction product. Does it correct outright or partially fill and correct?

Hey all,

I am going to do my best to answer as many as I can.

Bill, there are NO fillers in the OCP. It works fast if used with a rotary but is extremly usable, in the sense that it won`t flash off any time soon. This makes it a great choice to use with the PC or Cyclo.

Originally posted by JustinTRW

Anthony,

I`m looking to do a swirl removal and have FPII on my shelf. Was looking to purchase IP for my first step. Do you think this Optimum stuff will give me better results? I need a cutting action with my PC similar to that of 3M FI-II, which is what I have used in the past. No problems with the 3M polish, but I have a feeling there are better products out there, if FPII is any indication.

Justin,

The OCP is a great swirl remover. I like it better than Light Cut and I get better results, personally, with OCP than IP.

OCP followed by FPII should produce for you a swirl free finish with great depth and gloss. Please keep in mind though that I have been using the OCP now for some time so it may take some getting use to on your part. I have not used it with a PC either but I believe it will produce better results than the 3M and the IP.

Originally posted by jmsc

mgm:

This is one of the few products on my buy list this year. It looks very promising in my eyes. Like you say an All-In-One product.

Can you rate its approximate aggressiveness (on the Meguiar`s 1-10 scale) when used with a Cyclo/PC and the different pads or can you compare Optimum with say IP, FP II, DACP, some 3M products?

OCP is perhaps closer to IP than any of the others you listed. The unique thing with the OCP though is that it leaves a brighter, swirl free, finish, especially is used with a LC finishing pad, than IP. Remember I am a big fan of IP but personally I believe OCP has an edge over it.

Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

eShine isn`t going to be selling it (ShoKar)?

What`s Optimum on the scale of things?

Top of the Line I believe will be the exclusive distributor of Shokar. I could be wrong though. Top of the Line, Alisa`s and the Optimum website will all carry the OCP, as well as Autogeek.

Autogeek is the exclusive distributor of Optimum in Florida I believe.

Thanks,

Anthony

Anthony O.
02-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by John Styrnol

Can the Polish be used by hand with excellent results?

John,

I have never used it by hand yet. Scott would be a great guy to test that out.

I am guessing that it would work ok by hand but you would not get "optimum" results:D

Anthony

Anthony O.
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Scott.....

I love that Miata

Scottwax
02-22-2005, 10:21 PM

I have never used it by hand yet. Scott would be a great guy to test that out.

Maybe, if I was still working by hand.

Scottwax
02-22-2005, 10:30 PM

Scott.....

I love that Miata

Me too! It is an unusual color, I`ve seen very, very few Miatas with that color. SK really puts a wet look on that color.

Corey-eShine will be the Canadian distributor and TOL the US distributor.

Just a general comment. I called the customer with the MDX (who works with the guy with the Miata) to see how SK was holding up on his Acura. Bear in mind, this guy has his car washed 5-6 times a week when the weather is good, the bad weather weeks have been pretty bad and he drives 400-600 miles a week (sales for a forklift company)...just so you all know this isn`t a garage queen...and he said his car still looks very wet and it beads like crazy. He said he is very happy with how it looks and holds up. I applied the SK twin to his MDX on January 13rd, so it has been around 5 weeks now. He will have me rewax it in mid March, so if it is still beading and has decent appearance and slickness, I won`t know how much longer it would have gone. I am just glad to hear that at this point, with how much he has it washed and how dreadful the weather has been at times, it is holding up well.

I would have to say the appearance of the sealant is a cross between Z2 Pro and Glanz Wax, wet and clear. :)