PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Polish and ShoKar Twins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Bill D
02-26-2005, 09:02 PM
I found my literature, and see now that this SunX product is made by Huey Chemical which is out of Clearwater,Fl. They make a variety of products including a "Bug Bloc" product similar to Pro`s Bug Guard. This stuff is NOT made by Optimum. The two are not the same products and are made by two different companies.

Hope this clears things up.

* update 2/27/05 --It appears that indeed SunX and OCW are the same. Huey Chemical apparently sells it under the SunX name

imported_RIC
02-26-2005, 09:41 PM
http://www.moderncarcare.com/Articles/441expo.html (scroll down until you get to SunX)

The link there directs you to the Optimum Homepage. Why would SunX direct you to the Optimum homepage if it is not the same product?

Eliot Ness
02-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RIC

http://www.moderncarcare.com/Articles/441expo.html (scroll down until you get to SunX)

The link there directs you to the Optimum Homepage. Why would SunX direct you to the Optimum homepage if it is not the same product?

You are correct RIC, I saw a thread (now deleted) in the Good Deals forum a while back on the Optimum Spray Wax. I can`t remember the name of the vendor, but they said the gallon size was called SunX. Being a skeptic I e-mailed Optimum directly and they confirmed that the SunX brand (sold by Kleen Car) was their Optimum Spray Wax.

EDIT: I finally found the link I was looking for. Notice at the end of the description for Optimum Wax it says: "Please note: We sell the gallon size of the Optimum wax in the SunX brand. It is the same great product!"

http://www.car-detailing-store.com/html/compound_polish_wax.shtml

Bill D
02-26-2005, 10:49 PM
The plot thickens.............. :hm

SunX, Optimum or whatever else, this product of dual identities now seems to have, I wasn`t impressed.

Corey Bit Spank
02-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Well that`s really nice to know. :)

Alfisti
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
My only question on this, evidently, emotive subject is, why are products that aren`t publicly available being publicly reviewed? :nixweiss

Wasatch
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Great work guys. I was going to get some of this stuff, but I just changed my mind.

Anthony O.
02-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Alfisti

My only question on this, evidently, emotive subject is, why are products that aren`t publicly available being publicly reviewed? :nixweiss

Optimum Car Wax is publicly for sale. You can buy it at Top of the Line, from Kleen Car and also Alisa`s.

As for Optimum being formerly called and sold as "SunX"....so what?

It`s the same product with a different name and in a different bottle. I have 4 gallons of the OCW in the SunX bottles....it`s the SAME product, correct:confused:

How many use Meguiars plastic polish? Would you stop using it if you found out it`s their furniture polish repackaged for car use? I doubt it. There are dozens of products out there from the same manufacturer or distributor that is the same product but being sold under several different names.

BillD-

Of course OCW is applied like other spray waxes but the key difference is the longer protection and the UV blockers. For weekend warriors this may not be a big deal as many of you love to rub on your cars but as a pro I can polish and wax a cartwice as fast with perhaps superior results. No wax in the crevices, no need to remove hazed wax which may cause minor scratching and it`s layerable.

Also, how many here really interested in super long durability really let your cars go without waxing for anything longer than 3 months??

So if you all wish to not use OCW that`s perfectly fine but to not use because it was once called SunX is, IMHO, rediculous.

Also here is the Huey Chemical link....they sell SunX but as far as I know they do did not create it. http://www.hueychemical.com/webstore/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=390

Thanks,

Anthony

imported_RIC
02-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Anthony,

Alfisti was obviously referring to Shokar and other products that are reviewed before being available.

Also, If you had read BillD`s post you would have seen that he does not care what the product is named. He stated that he received a sample of SunX, tried it, and found it to be no better than any other off the shelf spray wax and I agree completely with his assessment.

Bill D
02-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I hope it`s clear I`m not encouraging anyone not to use it because it is known as another product. That is rather silly and I`d be surprised if that is a barrier for anyone. Sounds like they just have the choice: OCW or SunX.

It was just a very rare occasion that I actually got to try a product under a different name, learned it`s one and the same as another discussed and can now relate my own personal experience of it For me, it`s just not "special" enough to go and order.Someone else with a different set of criteria might really find this product to be a godsend.

As with any product,anyone and everyone would need to try it for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

imported_RIC
02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Alfisti,

Your question was talked about in this thread

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49146&perpage=12&highlight=review\[\^\\s\][^\s]*&pagenumber=1

I for one agree with you that products should be available for all before being publicly reviewed.

Anthony O.
02-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RIC

Alfisti,

Your question was talked about in this thread

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49146&perpage=12&highlight=review\[\^\\s\][^\s]*&pagenumber=1

I for one agree with you that products should be available for all before being publicly reviewed.

This then would be a standard only done in Autopia. Car reviews, stereo reviews, computer, cosmetics, dentistry, medical and a host of others all have reviews of products prior to their release.

When I first posted about Shokar I was under the impression that it was soon headed for sale, which was the intention of eShine. Chris from eShine had pretty much forgotten about the samples sent to me because I took so long in using them and then reviewing them. In the meantime the cost for shipping Shokar was too extreme and the product was shelved. This is all explained in the thread of my review.

Now things are different. Shokar should be ready for sale in April according to eShine, as soon as they have the bottles and such ready.

Anthony

Ed Hartman
02-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Are they importing this stuff as to high shipping costs?

Anthony O.
02-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Ed Hartman

Are they importing this stuff as to high shipping costs?

Yes, from Germany....last I heard.

Anthony

Scottwax
02-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Alfisti

I was going to wait until it was released before doing a review. When I saw Anthony did a review and really liked it and hadn`t even tried my samples, I figured he had inside information that release was imminent, so I tested it out and have been pretty pleased with it, although I would top it with a carnauba on black.

The information I have now is that it meets VOC regulations and as soon as they can get it shipped here, it will be available for sale.