PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Polish and ShoKar Twins

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

salty
02-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Very interesting, sounds like some great products.

romar
02-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Looking forward to ordering the Shokar sealant when available, and hoping the look and durability will be on par with SG. :up

Gonzo
02-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Anthony,

Hello, my name is "Gonzo" and I am a Klasse Addict!

Just for grins, I`m contemplating the purchase of Menzerna`s FMJ family, but given the above pictures, I`ll consider Shokar as well. I would like to be able something different to the people I work on, but I`m looking to offer them something "simpler" to apply than SG, but will look as good or better.

Have you any comments about (ignoring price) FMJ vs Shokar vs K-twins - ease, longevity, final appearance, layering (with themselves or with any of the others mentioned), topping?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Nick

Anthony O.
02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Gonzo

Anthony,

Hello, my name is "Gonzo" and I am a Klasse Addict!

Just for grins, I`m contemplating the purchase of Menzerna`s FMJ family, but given the above pictures, I`ll consider Shokar as well. I would like to be able something different to the people I work on, but I`m looking to offer them something "simpler" to apply than SG, but will look as good or better.

Have you any comments about (ignoring price) FMJ vs Shokar vs K-twins - ease, longevity, final appearance, layering (with themselves or with any of the others mentioned), topping?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Nick, Ya know when I first used the Shokar I thought of you, thought about telling you of this new product in an Email but I figured.....nah, he is a Klasse addict, he`ll never bite:D

In my humble opinion I believe the SK, so far, out performs klasse in terms of application, removal and also in terms of a less amount used. I can`t see a great difference between looks from AIO and the SK "Prep" BUT again ease of use gives the SK Prep the lead.

When comparing the sealants, SG to SK, SK wins without question. The only other sealant I have used that is such a joy to work with is FMJ. Layering is also a breeze with SK and while I don`t layer much at all I have applied 3 layers of SK to a cars fender I did over the course of an afternoon and there were no problems. I wasn`t able to tell if it did anything with the final appearance as it was really overcast.

The SK will give you less of a carnauba look and more of a Zaino look but as Scott said you can top it with a carnauba to warm up the look. I like the SK look on odd colors, like the Miata Scott did and I prefer not to top it with a paste wax.

The FMJ is also excellant and I love the look it gives me on metallics when topped with OCW. My arsenal now is:

Paste wax- Trade Secret

Liquid- OCW

Sealants- FMJ & SK

Hope that helps Nick and I am sure that the SK (along with the new OCP) will give great results.

Anthony

Gonzo
02-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Anthony,

Thanks for all the good advice. Looks like I`ll need to be adding SK and FMJ. Dang, now there are too many choices to make - the classic Autopian dilemma!

Nick

Anyone else want to jump is and talk about their experiences layering any or all of the above, in particular, SK or FMJ over SG?

Accumulator
02-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Anthony- This might be an unfair question, but here goes anyhow...

I`ve heard KSG described as a "semi-permanent coating". And I`ve found this to be true; it can last over a year if layered properly. I believe it has to do with the KSG being an acrylic. Would the Shokar be in the same category or is it more like a "regular sealant"?

Again, I realize that this is an odd question for which there might not be any real answer, at least at this time...

Ron Harris
02-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Too Bad that guy who runs the other detailing forum in Florida

Wonâ€â„¢t be able to sell any of these products.

:sadpace: :rofl2:

cgc2
02-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Sheesh....Hey Anthony, thanks for the heads up referenced in this thread. I truely look forward to trying out the items.

Especially the polish and FII combo you reference.

Scottwax
02-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I`ve heard KSG described as a "semi-permanent coating". And I`ve found this to be true; it can last over a year if layered properly. I believe it has to do with the KSG being an acrylic. Would the Shokar be in the same category or is it more like a "regular sealant"?

Again, I realize that this is an odd question for which there might not be any real answer, at least at this time...

I think I can answer, I have the sheet about Shokar right in front of me.

This is the description of the sealant:

The second step to the Shokar system is Shokar Sealant. It is a poly-acrylic based sealant with further UV protection. Shokar Sealant can be layered for an even deeper finish.

---------------

My understanding is Shokar was created to beat Klasse in all areas. In appearance and ease of use, it suceeds. I haven`t had it on any vehicle long enough to know how durable it is. It is doing very well so far.

Corey Bit Spank
02-23-2005, 11:37 PM
How old are AIO and SG formulations, roughly? :)

Scottwax
02-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I believe they`ve been out since the 70s.

Anthony O.
02-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Yeah basicaly what Scott wrote. Chris from Eshine explained SK as an even "truer" acrylic than the Klasse. Not sure what that means but I have heard that Klasse AIO does not have acrylic properties to it but the SK "Prep" does have an acrylic in it.

Anthony

Anthony O.
02-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Dent`s & Details

Too Bad that guy who runs the other detailing forum in Florida

Wonâ€â„¢t be able to sell any of these products.

:sadpace: :rofl2:

Now that is funny:woot:

eShine
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Sorry to be so silent during these conversations! :D As soon as ShoKar is on shelves we will be available to answer all questions in the "Ask the Manufacture" section. We are working full steam trying to get ShoKar out for spring. Just a quick blurb on ShoKar and its differences.

ShoKar is Poly-Acrylic where Klasse is only an Acrylic formula and Zaino is a Polymer formula. This does not mean ShoKar is better or worse but it is DIFFERENT. We added the Polymers to the Acrylic formula we originally had to help in application/removal temperaments. It is very hard to compete with current products such as Zaino and Klasse so we opted to make a formula that holds key characteristics of each Zaino and Klasse. Our goal was to create a product which would appeal to both Klasse and Zaino users. Picture a Klasse/Zaino group hug! LOL! Keep your eyes peeled!

dternst
02-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by eShine

Sorry to be so silent during these conversations! :D As soon as ShoKar is on shelves we will be available to answer all questions in the "Ask the Manufacture" section. We are working full steam trying to get ShoKar out for spring. Just a quick blurb on ShoKar and its differences.

ShoKar is Poly-Acrylic where Klasse is only an Acrylic formula and Zaino is a Polymer formula. This does not mean ShoKar is better or worse but it is DIFFERENT. We added the Polymers to the Acrylic formula we originally had to help in application/removal temperaments. It is very hard to compete with current products such as Zaino and Klasse so we opted to make a formula that holds key characteristics of each Zaino and Klasse. Our goal was to create a product which would appeal to both Klasse and Zaino users. Picture a Klasse/Zaino group hug! LOL! Keep your eyes peeled!

Is this post a play on words? Your post is very confusing. Acrylic is a polymer. So are you saying you`re product is a polymer-polymer? But there is no such thing as a polymer-polymer.

I`ve heard the term poly-acrylic before on a couple other products...

Wizard`s Shine Master Polish & Sealant (http://wizardsproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WP&Product_Code=011033&Category_Code=)

Race Glaze Polish and Sealant (http://www.raceglaze.com/polish.html)

How does your product compare to Wizards and Race Glaze?

Thanks in advance.