Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire, Wolfgang and Chemical Guys

Ok...we have had discussions comparing Blackfire Polymer spray and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant but I am wondering how you think Chemical Guys V-7 Optical High Gloss spray sealant would compare to these two. In previous post both Blackfire and Wolfgang received favorable comments but it seemed that Wolfgang barely edged out Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire, Wolfgang and Chemical Guys

What color is your car? Have you used any of the above? I have never used Wolfgang, I am sure its a great product. I use the Blackfire Polymer spray and I really have no reason to try anything else new. In all honesty if someone took 3 identical vehicle and spray all 3 I would love to see if someone could even tell a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

My car is a light cream color (Ford White Sand Triple Coat) and yes I have used BF and Wolfgang. Which brings me to another question about Chemical Guys V-7. When applying BF and or Wolfgang I spray some on a panel, spread with a micro-fiber towel then buff with a clean micro-fiber towel. However the instruction video for the V-7 says to spray on a panel, wipe or spread it in straight lines and then you can buff. Why is that? that makes applying more of a nuisance than the others, where I simply spread them around to get good coverage without having to keep wiping in a straight line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    My car is a light cream color (Ford White Sand Triple Coat) and yes I have used BF and Wolfgang. Which brings me to another question about Chemical Guys V-7. When applying BF and or Wolfgang I spray some on a panel, spread with a micro-fiber towel then buff with a clean micro-fiber towel. However the instruction video for the V-7 says to spray on a panel, wipe or spread it in straight lines and then you can buff. Why is that? that makes applying more of a nuisance than the others, where I simply spread them around to get good coverage without having to keep wiping in a straight line.
    While I could think of reasons in my head why they recommend this, and it likely has to do with getting as even of a coat down as possible while the solvents are evaporating the product is beginning to cross-link, I would tend to trust the manufacturer.

Is is a little more of a nuisance then BFWD PS or WG? Perhaps, but then again, some may like the performance of V7 more so it wouldn`t be a big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Being new and all, I only have the BF PS, use it on two Red Vehicles and the Vista Blue Mustang and love the way it makes the paint "pop" after a wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    Being new and all, I only have the BF PS, use it on two Red Vehicles and the Vista Blue Mustang and love the way it makes the paint "pop" after a wash.
    What do you think of the water beading after use?!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both V7 and the WG Spray sealant. In my experience, the V7 flashes off quicker than the WG, so it doesn`t have time to self level that much. The straight line approach is not absolutely required; sometimes I feel it`s better to spray the V7 onto a MF towel and wipe it on to get a more even coat down.
    Chris
    2004 Lexus IS200
    2009 Nissan Qashqai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    What do you think of the water beading after use?!

Well, since only the red Car and the Red Truck get rained on....... The beading is excellent, and love the affect on the windows, WAY better than Rain-X could ever think of.

Thread Information