Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great testament to how well BFWD will perform on some paints. 7 months is rare for BFWD, but I have seen it on occasion.

While we all know that durability is greatly variable on a huge number of factors (driving habits, environment, washing habits, and so on and so on) another huge factor (that is often overlooked) is the type of paint that the product is applied to. Some products will just work better on some paints (whether they be specific brands of waxes, sealants, glazes, polishes, or compounds). In general, in most normal (whatever that may be) driving conditions Blackfire Wet Diamond should give between 3 to 6 months of protection. Some cars it may be less and on some cars it may be more.

On my wife`s old Sonata, BFWD was easily good for 6 months, parked outside in the tropical Florida summer. It would usually bead strong after until about 8 months. However on my old HHR, prepped identically to my wife`s old car, I would average about 4 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to ad that I`ve gone through an entire bottle of BFWD and on the cars that sit outside 24/7 it does not last as long (which is to be expected).
    "If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, record and person...I`d probably die of exposure."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    I`d like to ad that I`ve gone through an entire bottle of BFWD and on the cars that sit outside 24/7 it does not last as long (which is to be expected).
    Have you had better luck with another sealant or wax?
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have NO IDEA how you get 7 mo longevity. I LOVE me some BFWD but I don`t know how 7 months is even possible if it`s on a DD. I loaded up my Lexus and Jeep with BFWD in Nov and by Jan it was pretty much gone from both cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink View Post
    Have you had better luck with another sealant or wax?
    No, but I certainly haven`t tried that many different things. I have a bottle of Collinite 845 but have barely used it. I also have not tried the klasse twins. I will be applying CQuartz this weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by never gone View Post
    I have NO IDEA how you get 7 mo longevity. I LOVE me some BFWD but I don`t know how 7 months is even possible if it`s on a DD. I loaded up my Lexus and Jeep with BFWD in Nov and by Jan it was pretty much gone from both cars.
    It is a DD but is garage kept and doesn`t have any kind of ridiculous commute. My wife`s VW CC has 4 coats of BFWD on and sits outside all day and I get 3-4 months out of the BFWD on it.

Some things I`ve found that I think helps the BFWD last longer are:
    Machine apply if possible. You get a much more even and thorough coating.
    Also make sure that the paint is clean. Do an IPA wipedown or use a paint cleaner. I really like the Blackfire Polish, which really isn`t a polish but a cleaner and glaze. The paint feels like clean glass after the Blackfire polish is used. However I prefer to use a damp mf applicator by hand with the Blackfire polish, I didn`t like how it spread via machine.
    When buffing off, you`re not trying to remove the sealant, just the haze. I barely apply any pressure, I`m not trying to scrub wine stains out of carpet.
    SHAKE THE BOTTLE! My second bottle when I got it, felt like water was in it. I had to shake it for a good 3-4 minutes to get it nice and thick again. I shake the bottle really well before initial use and again each and every time for 5 seconds before I apply more to the applicator.
    "If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, record and person...I`d probably die of exposure."

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive 40+ miles a day. Back at the end of August I applied 1 layer of BFWD to my white Honda Fit, after an overnight cure I topped it with Collinite 845. We had a terrible winter this year with more sand and salt used than I`ve seen in years. Today, 4/28/11, it rained hard (as it`s been for weeks) and the beading on the car is nearly the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chicago area. Two coats of BFWD on dd in October and gets me through April at least.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see more of this, so post more folks!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well..... I wasnt going to say anything but since you want feedback I will .

I love the BFWD ,the way it looks and how is easy it is to apply and take off.

But It didnt last for me either .

I put it on a test car I had polished and sat in my driveway for a couple months . After a month or so the top panels were not beading anymore , the side panels still were .

The reason I havent commented was because it was a free bottle from PAC for spending over 200 so I dont like to complain about anything thats free Im still not complaining ,just giving my feedback !

I wonder though if it was an older bottle that wasnt polycharged and thats why? I remember reading something about that?
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my bo`s Mom`s car last spring. I planned to do it again in Fall of 2010 but didn`t happen. So bottom line it was done 1 yr ago. I don`t see the car too often and she doesn`t wash it too often, which is good, I guess, that it doesn`t see tunnel washes! I couldn`t believe the amount of BFWD that was still on the car. I couldnt` believe the remaining beading. It was mostly on the hood, roof and trunk with less on the sides, I`m sure due to winter/salt, etc. So today I just washed, clayed and put 1 layer of BFWD and it looks great. Didn`t have time to polish so I`ll wait until fall but the car looks great and IMHO didn`t even need the polishing step. It`s garaged and her DD but she doesn`t drive it too much. It`s a 2005 Nissan Altima with 32k miles on it!
    In addition to show BFWD durability, this car has only received one layer of BDWD when applied. So technically it`s gone 12 months and through a Chicago winter and was still beading! I have 2 pics but can`t figure how to transfer from my iPhone to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Well..... I wasnt going to say anything but since you want feedback I will .

I love the BFWD ,the way it looks and how is easy it is to apply and take off.

But It didnt last for me either .

I put it on a test car I had polished and sat in my driveway for a couple months . After a month or so the top panels were not beading anymore , the side panels still were .

The reason I havent commented was because it was a free bottle from PAC for spending over 200 so I dont like to complain about anything thats free Im still not complaining ,just giving my feedback !

I wonder though if it was an older bottle that wasnt polycharged and thats why? I remember reading something about that?
    Was the car dirty? Did the beading return after it was washed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Was the car dirty? Did the beading return after it was washed?
    No ...it never got too dirty , I washed it about once a week. It also rained quite heavily during that time . Once the beading stopped ,it never returned .

I put the BFWD on immediately after polishing with Megs 205. No wash or IPA . Maybe it didnt adhere well to the oils in 205.
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    No ...it never got too dirty , I washed it about once a week. It also rained quite heavily during that time . Once the beading stopped ,it never returned .

I put the BFWD on immediately after polishing with Megs 205. No wash or IPA . Maybe it didnt adhere well to the oils in 205.
    Perhaps, although I haven`t (personally) seen BFWD have too much of a problem bonding over anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I have noticed is that the shine really stays with BFWD, even through dirt. For instance, my DD is pretty dirty, havent washed it in 3 weeks. But it looks pretty clean and shiny until you get up close and see all the dried pollen on it. But from 10 feet away it looks clean. I know, sounds like BS, maybe I will take a pic during my lunch break.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information