Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1972 Kona (orginal owner), 18`, 455 Olds, low profile ski boat, w/a Berkeley Jet Drive. The engine is mostly chrome with some polished aluminum. The exhaust tips and the exhaust manifold are aluminum. These two items constantly need polishing to maintain a nice shine. I am looking for something that is easier than getting out the drill with a buffing pad and aluminum polish. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    1968 Mustang, GT/CS, California Special, Original Owner

1972 Kona ski boat, 455 Olds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban (black)

Post Thanks / Like
    Comes in a small tub and works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One makes a good metal polish. Comes in a small silver metal tin and costs about $3. Its a can full of wadded up material and you tear off what you need. Smells terrible but works well on just about any bare metal surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its called Never Dull.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use some never dull or mothers aluminum polish and apply a good synthetic wax as a final coat. I would just maintain with the wax till additional polishing is needed. The wax will keep them protected from the harsh salt water environment they are exposed to on a boat. NU FINISH would be a great low cost solution for this. What kind of wax do u use on the boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Wet Diamond & QD question

I gave my ride a coat of BF WD this morning and I want to give a topcoat of Z8. I know you need to wait 12 hours to give it another coat of WD, but how long should I wait before giving a light go over with Z8? I dont want to compromise durability as this is likely my last coat for a while.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mobenzowner View Post
    I gave my ride a coat of BF WD this morning and I want to give a topcoat of Z8. I know you need to wait 12 hours to give it another coat of WD, but how long should I wait before giving a light go over with Z8? I dont want to compromise durability as this is likely my last coat for a while.
    I have waited at least 1-2 hrs before using Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant after Blackfire Wet Diamond. I haven`t got around using Z8 on it, but will try soon. I know a few folks have use it here in TID.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a bit of a black sheep. I apply one coat of WD. Then I apply another coat of WD immediately without any "cure" time. Then I apply Z8 immediately.

If I were on another forum, some know it all would be sure to tell me that I wasn`t allowing it to cure properly and it wouldn`t bond.

That`s the way I do it and it works great!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, other than waiting for the "cure Time", does Z8 over BF WD really make a difference you can tell???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucson buffer View Post
    Bill, other than waiting for the "cure Time", does Z8 over BF WD really make a difference you can tell???
    Wet Diamond doesn`t need anything to look fantastic. It`s very shiny and super slick.

I believe that Z8 adds depth. And, yes, I can see a difference. Z8 is, without a doubt, the best "spray & wipe" product I`ve ever used.

The paint on this 1982 Corvette is over 15 years old. It`s been driven 3-4 times a week for many years, so it`s not a garage queen.

It has BFWD x2 and one coat of Z8.

Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied the Z8 over WD later that afternoon. I have it outside in the sun today and I agree WD looks great on it`s own, but the Z8 does seem to add a very small something,something to the look. Z8 als aids a bit in slowing down dust accumulation, at least in my humble opinion.

Thread Information