• I'd like a hard copy version only for $20

23 56.10%
  • I'd like the combo for $35

8 19.51%
  • I'd like to print it myself without pictures & graphics

4 9.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    At least it still looked like his reverse lights worked! He`s got that goin` for him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me about 1.5 hours for a small car which include time for preparing buckets, hose, mitt, soap and off course tidying previous things up back. I would like to spend less time but harder i try the chance of creating swirls increased.

Post Thanks / Like
    My average for a customers car is also 1.5 hours but they usually require some extra wheel cleaning and always clay bar that takes extra time.

Once I saw a local detailer and the landry mat . While I was waiting for mine I saw he was waxing his truck . It was the most amazing performance Ive ever seen. He had 2 MF towels, taking the wax off, one in each hand . he was using both hands at the same time at an incredible speed . I wish I had a video tape of him! He was almost like a machine . I wonder if he learned to move like that from working in a dealership !

Anyway my point is maybe the OP has developed a similar method that uses super human speed.

I know for myself when Ive spent far too much time on an interior and need to get the exterior done before dark my adrenalin kicks in and I can move 3 x as fast as normal
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I would still like to see a 5 minute (360 seconds) wash video.

I count about 15 "sections" on an average car. This would be 1/2 hood with, 1/2 roof, each door, front and rear quarter panels, grill/front bumper, rear bumper.

This would mean probably about 20 seconds per section plus 5 seconds to dip in the bucket for each panel. The grill area would take longer.
    When I worked high volume the cars we washed were already buffed and not really dirty. Bucket filled, pressure washer was on an overhead swivel, front of car (grill) was sprayed down with an APC (pressurized sprayer) so there was no real detailed washing of the grill area. Wheels were cleaned with an acid based cleaner (spray on rinse off, also with a pressurized sprayer). Washing and drying the car was easily done in 5-10 minutes. There was no such thing as 2BM and we were only dipping our sponge into the bucket every other panel at most. A panel (fender/door) would be washed in less than 5 seconds.

Can a car be washed in 5-10 minutes? Sure, but it`s nothing like the kind of wash most of us currently do, which can take us over an hour. If the place I used to work at was still doing action cars I`d gladly go down and video them washing a car. Unfortunately that local auction (Northstar Auto Auction) built there own in house detail facility several years ago.

Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Can a car be washed in 5-10 minutes? Sure, but it`s nothing like the kind of wash most of us currently do, which can take us over an hour.
    I agree with that.

If someone who was doing cars on a car lot which are not really dirty with one person washes and another drying it can be quick. The question is just if swirls are being added.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I agree with that.

If someone who was doing cars on a car lot which are not really dirty with one person washes and another drying it can be quick. The question is just if swirls are being added.
    Most likely Al....and I`m guessing that would be the same case for the OP too.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpk204 View Post

My theory is you get diminishing returns after about 5 minutes. If it doesn`t come off in 5 minutes, somethings wrong with your paint.

The old law of diminishing returns...

To a point, you are correct. If your car wash is a means to end, that is the end result is paint that doesn`t have dirt on it, then I would agree with you. But its easy to remove dirt from paint quickly, the art is in removing the dirt safely with out causing scratching or marks that will dull the surface over time.

Doing the things necessary to clean a car quickly tend to save time, but increase the damage applied to the surface.

Washing large sections of the vehicle quickly, with out taking the time to constantly rinse out your wash mitt or sponge is going to drag dirt and grime across the surface at a fairly rapid pace- scratches.

If you want a clean car- 5 to 10 minutes

If you want a swirl mark free car- 45 minutes to several hours. It just depends on your goals and expectations, and there is no right or wrong answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking how long to wash n vac a toyota sequoia?

of course this includes thorough vac, dusting dash and doors wiping door jambs, doing windows, degreasing wheels and tires, (i use a wheel brush so dust rinses off completely) scrubbed front mats and did minor mist and wiping of door panels seat trim(plastic) and sills and kick panels----car is done once every 2-4 weeks in so cal weather has been nice--i dont believe in the acid spray and rinse since i still need to wipe wheels afterward to get loosened grime off--using a brush i just wipe water spots after tires are dressed--2 hours time spent start to finish:soldier:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am quite slow and like others have said, I have two types of washes. A real, deliberate, thorough wash and a regular wash. I can do my car with a regular wash (not being meticulous) in about an hour, but if I`m really trying to get every nook and cranny, more like 2.

*I can`t wash my feet in 5 minutes, let alone my car.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information