Post Thanks / Like
    K, maybe not detailing, but I`m looking to replace the Halogens in the garage with something else for autobody work and painting when I came across these

and this

and finally this

Pretty unique to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that last one looks like the ones they use when they are doing road work at night...that oughta show those swirls! The second one looks pretty interesting for working on the side of the car in the garage, easy to fit, cool...but a bit pricey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Wow, that last one looks like the ones they use when they are doing road work at night...that oughta show those swirls! The second one looks pretty interesting for working on the side of the car in the garage, easy to fit, cool...but a bit pricey.

My thoughts exactly. Actually I`ll probaly put some Flourescent lights up on the ceiling, either T8`s or 12`s but was looking for something for when painting the sides. That second link is a bit pricey but it looks like it would do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    That first one isn`t protected by anything? What if you bumped into it? Wouldn`t it be really easy to break the tube and shatter (or explodes).

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the first (wobble light) with two exceptions-- it would be great if it were about a foot shorter and cost 75% less! When working on a low vehicle in a clients garage I sometimes have trouble viewing the defects on the lower panels, under the trim. With a short light you could easily get the angle that refracts off of the light source below those areas. . . if it were shorter. (see my fantastic diagram below)

:-o

|<

Not to take it OT but does anyone have any tips or similar products? Using the my incandescent and halo mag-lights requires one more thing to fumble with.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the second one a whole lot. I bet if you put one of those at each end of the car you could QUICKLY see spots that were missed. Very good find.

-GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerDN
    That first one isn`t protected by anything? What if you bumped into it? Wouldn`t it be really easy to break the tube and shatter (or explodes).

Isn`t that the "wobble" lights which have a "Floating shock system" that is supposed to protect the bulb in addition to the Tough Polycarbonate dome.

Just reading and repeating the spec`s.

I`ve seen all of these lights for sale from different places on the `net.

I`m with GT though, that second one is growing on me. Need to find a place that sells them cheaper. Ebay maybe?

**** Edited********

apparently that site I posted for the second one http://www.autosportcatalog.com

is into some automotive stuff. Snooping around I saw this High-Power Steamer/Vacuum Extractor .

Had ne1 seen this brand/model b4?

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are some sweet lights. Gotta get me some metal halides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa whoa whoa...that second light is $250!!!! I suddenly don`t like it so much. I am going to look, but if anyone finds this cheaper elsewhere, please post.

-GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking they are so high cuz no one else sell`s `em. I`m gonna google my *** off till I at least find out who makes them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MorBid
    I`m thinking they are so high cuz no one else sell`s `em. I`m gonna google my *** off till I at least find out who makes them.

Hey Y not put a "moved" thingy when a thread is moved to another forum?

Sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Anywho, I stopped at home depot after work and say that they had something similar to number 2.

Only outputs 320W`s using 2 40w flourescent blubs. It looks pretty cool and comes on a tripod. Price was $49.00 but I can`t find it on their website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTScott
    Whoa whoa whoa...that second light is $250!!!! I suddenly don`t like it so much. I am going to look, but if anyone finds this cheaper elsewhere, please post.

-GT

It seems like you could make your own. Take some wood/metal, make a base, then have a bar stick up 4.5 feet from that, with a overhang to the center of the base. It would look sort of like the game hangman. Hang a regular flourescent housing from there, and you just made your own. Not as nice looking, but you could build like 5 instead of buying 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what i`m sayin Pyro, Build a nifty little frame out of 2" pvc and hang some regular ole` flourescent lights from it length wise. Get the whole thing done for $35 and while not as fancy would be just as functional.
    Buzz- 408ci 99` Dakota r/t

Thread Information