Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking at a few homes recently, and one of them that I like and plan on viewing in the next week or so has a detacted 24x30 garage with two single car side be side doors. What I am wondering is, how much room will I really have to play around with once I get a car in and my tool boxes?

Do any of you all here happen to have a garage of this size or similar? I`d like to see what it looks like inside with a vehicle inside and all of your other garage equipment to get a visual idea if this will be the right size for me

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autopia.org/forum/man-cav...my-garage.html

24W by 23D Plenty of room to do detailing... You can see some of my write ups and get an idea of how much room I have to work with

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My last garage was 20 x 20, and it had a single garage door. It was great for working in, because of the single, double door...I could put the car right in the middle.

My new house has a 20` wide, and 30` deep garage. I again went with a single, double door, as it offers more flexibility when it comes to positioning the car.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 23`x24` as well. It`s more than enough room to work. I used to work in a 16`x20` and that sucked. Now I have enough room to detail and work on my motorcycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 25` x 25` and it has plenty of room to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, one suggestion I have, build a shed if you can. I had a small garage at the old house but had a shed so all of the junk like the mower, snow blower, ladder, rakes, shovels, bikes and so on where in there. Now I have a bigger garage but all the junk from the shed is in it. I really need to get a shed built in the next year or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    our garage is a touch smaller than that and there is a good amount of room to park and work around the cars.

Dimensions on ours: 25`W x 23`D at the narrowest measurements. There is a bump out of a couple of feet on the far side where I keep our trash cans and our blowers/trimmer. We have some 18" deep shelving at the rear and an 12" unit at the front between the bays. The cars that are inside this garage are just under 16` long, so 3`+ at each end if they are centered. We did 9`W x 8`H doors so plenty of room to maneuver, even at an angle. In a pinch (hailstorm predicted), I can get a 3rd vehicle in there by parking one in the center first, then wedging the outside ones in at a bit of an angle.

poor quality pictures, but give a perspective on size and room to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures everyone, this gives me a good idea on what to expect. It seems I should be easily be able to squeeze my car, truck, and all my tools in and still be able to detail and work. Heck maybe even put in a couch and a TV too I am excited about this and looking foward to making my own dream garage

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineIRL
    Thanks for the pictures everyone, this gives me a good idea on what to expect. It seems I should be easily be able to squeeze my car, truck, and all my tools in and still be able to detail and work. Heck maybe even put in a couch and a TV too I am excited about this and looking foward to making my own dream garage

Yes, you should have no problem getting everything into your garage except maybe the couch. Cable TV and a stereo system along with heat and the A/C make my work space comfortable for me year round.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine`s 28 x 48 and it smothers me out sometimes. I have 5 cars in it, 1 ATV, a 1 yd cement mixer, a riding lawn mower and much much more junk. Still all my stuff except my car hauler is indoors.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us updated! I`d be afraid to put a couch and tv in my garage because it would just encourage people to hang out and stay and I`d never get any work done. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking at a few homes recently, and one of them that I like and plan on viewing in the next week or so has a detacted 24x30 garage with two single car side be side doors. What I am wondering is, how much room will I really have to play around with once I get a car in and my tool boxes?

Presuming you don`t have a large collection of man toys, or the need for lots of storage shelving, a 24`x30` is plenty of room for a couple of cars, workbench, and tool chest. Honestly, it`s probably more room than you really need.

My Father has a detached 24`x30`, and in it he keeps a full-size truck, mid-size SUV, 4 snowmobiles, dirtbike, riding lawnmower, storage shelving on the walls, tool chest, and a workbench. It`s tight, and carefully packed and placed, but if you pull out the two vehicles there`s room to do just about anything you want, including ample room to do detail work on single vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are all very lucky to have garages that big. I am stuck with an 11x20.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just moving into a 30` x 30` garage, after a 10` x 20` size garage my contortionist days are over!! :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    The garage is the pictures is 23` wide x 30` deep. I like the depth. It gives you a lot more room for stuff. My other garage is 22` deep x 24` wide. As far as I`m concerned you never have enough garage space. I`ve been thinking about adding on another garage 22` deep by 50` wide. I wish I could go deeper but I don`t have the room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information