Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s just say the Edge has seen its limit and I`ll leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Things have gotten pretty bad in Ontario,Canada... 50 Km over the speed limit and you`re in deep s**t with the law... the fines are up to CDN$10,000, yep that`s 10 grand, you loose your licence for a week( first offence) your ride gets towed to a holding place and also gets held for a week, then wait for the insurance to literally rape you for the next 3 years.

A lot of these convictions have stuck in courts throughout Ontario, that included a few Americans over on vacation... if any of you guys cross over into Ontario WATCH your speed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger
    Things have gotten pretty bad in Ontario,Canada... 50 Km over the speed limit and you`re in deep s**t with the law... the fines are up to CDN$10,000, yep that`s 10 grand, you loose your licence for a week( first offence) your ride gets towed to a holding place and also gets held for a week, then wait for the insurance to literally rape you for the next 3 years.

A lot of these convictions have stuck in courts throughout Ontario, that included a few Americans over on vacation... if any of you guys cross over into Ontario WATCH your speed!

Did you see this front page news from a few weeks ago.

Driver busted for 141km OVER the limit. 231km on a 90km Rd. Can you say fiznucked? Driver caught speeding at 231 km/h, police say

Oh, he was also intoxicated.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger

Your country is run by Communists. I have been to Canada on vacation and business, and enjoyed it, but I will not be back as long as Big Brother is this oppressive. Bad enough I have to hide my radar detector. 50 kph is only 30 mph; those penalties are over the top. (Nothing personal BTW; our country is moving in the same direction.)
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    Did you see this front page news from a few weeks ago.

Driver busted for 141km OVER the limit. 231km on a 90km Rd. Can you say fiznucked? Driver caught speeding at 231 km/h, police say

Oh, he was also intoxicated.

Did you see the guy a week later on the Gardiner? 120km/h over, if I recall correctly; also drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by itb76
    Your country is run by Communists. I have been to Canada on vacation and business, and enjoyed it, but I will not be back as long as Big Brother is this oppressive. Bad enough I have to hide my radar detector. 50 kph is only 30 mph; those penalties are over the top. (Nothing personal BTW; our country is moving in the same direction.)

Ontario is the only province with that law. Radar detectors are illegal in most provinces (and states, for what it`s worth). But ya, not many people here like the 50km/h over law.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    can someone/anyone chime in... i was at an intersection with a photo radar and when the light turned green, i was starting to make my right turn and there was a pedestrian i waited for to cross the street. he got about half way across and i then made my turn and then i saw a flash go off. does the photo radar only start working when the light is red and NOT green? i`m just hoping i did not get a ticket...

p.s. my friend thinks i`m paranoid and thinks it`s probably from something else or a glitch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    can someone/anyone chime in... i was at an intersection with a photo radar and when the light turned green, i was starting to make my right turn and there was a pedestrian i waited for to cross the street. he got about half way across and i then made my turn and then i saw a flash go off. does the photo radar only start working when the light is red and NOT green? i`m just hoping i did not get a ticket...

yep sounds light a red light cam:aww:

good new is they are usually a lower price ticket

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    yep sounds light a red light cam:aww:

wouldn`t it only go off if the light was red (i only proceeded when the light turned green)? i don`t remember if there was a car coming from the other direction to where it would of made it go off like it did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    wouldn`t it only go off if the light was red (i only proceeded when the light turned green)? i don`t remember if there was a car coming from the other direction to where it would of made it go off like it did?

I got a ticket on a intersection camera under similar circumstance. I was coming to a very odd intersection that had 3 roads intersecting the area and it was pouring rain and foggy. I could not see the line of where I needed to stop and while I was approaching at about 5miles per hour two flashes. Low and behold, the ticket came in the mail.

I fought it and won. Here is how.

I explained what happened to the Judge and then used the prosecutors own evidence (the photographs) to show I did not go through the intersection but merely crossed the line. I also got certified records of the weather conditions that night and I got off scott free.

If you have a logical explanation and the pictorial evidence supports your claim, fight it and you can win.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    Ontario is the only province with that law. Radar detectors are illegal in most provinces (and states, for what it`s worth). But ya, not many people here like the 50km/h over law.

Radar detectors are illegal in 7 out of the 12 provinces/territories and LEGAL in every State in the US except CT, VA and DC.

Radar Jammers are illegal in most, if not all States.

Laser Jammers are illegal in about 12 States (I think - just a guess).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    I got a ticket on a intersection camera under similar circumstance. I was coming to a very odd intersection that had 3 roads intersecting the area and it was pouring rain and foggy. I could not see the line of where I needed to stop and while I was approaching at about 5miles per hour two flashes. Low and behold, the ticket came in the mail.

I fought it and won. Here is how.

I explained what happened to the Judge and then used the prosecutors own evidence (the photographs) to show I did not go through the intersection but merely crossed the line. I also got certified records of the weather conditions that night and I got off scott free.

If you have a logical explanation and the pictorial evidence supports your claim, fight it and you can win.

thanks for the reply. the only logical reason i can think that it went off is that i didn`t wait till the pedestrian was completely across the other side of the street when i made my right turn. but who actually waits until they do these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by backwoods_lex
    I`d imagine that being caught speeding anything over 100 MPH will automatically get you slammed over the hood and cuffed.

104 in a 40 in Paradise Valley (Arizona) back in 1981 had the cops approaching the car with guns drawn. :nervous2:

Cop only wrote me for speeding since I pulled right over and didn`t try to run for it (I had passengers and even though I was close to the Phoenix line, I didn`t want to risk it) but the judge seemed really pissed I didn`t get a ticket for reckless driving too. Said I had the highest speed he`d ever seen on a ticket and I don`t think he meant that in a good way. Ended up with a $187 fine, which was pretty hefty considering I was making about $4.30 an hour.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    two tickets

first one was the best .. doing about 120 in and out of traffic on the 405 (aggressive) CHP pulls me over .. says he can get me for reckless and tow my car and put me in jail .. since i was cool (i guess) he wrote me down for unsafe lane change

second doing 90 in a 40 zone on a twisty road .. CHP again pulls me over .. says he can get me for reckless ... cites me for doing 50 in a 40

i love the CHP =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    ..Radar detectors are illegal in most provinces (and states, for what it`s worth)...
    I thought it was nationwide in Canada, thanks for clarifying this. In the US radar detectors are illegal in Virginia and DC; for cars they`re legal in the other 49 states. There is a longer list of states that restrict their use in commercial trucks.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I didn`t realize they were legal in so many states. When I lived in CA I didn`t think many people had them, maybe because jammers were/are illegal.

Ya, that 50km over thing is Ontario only, it was put in last year as a result of a number of deaths that were attributed to "street racing"; of course it`s just reactionary policy. It`s not a very popular law here, but I don`t think it will be removed any time soon because it makes the province a lot of money. I find most people cruise ~130-140km/h on the 400 series highways and you usually don`t get stopped if you`re not driving like a moron. It isn`t so much the 50 over thing that bothers me, but the fact that the police officer has so much power when they pull you over. They impound your car and suspend your license on the spot, guilty until proven innocent.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread Information