Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    depends how loud the music is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macko
    Speeding is getting too dicey in the UK, bloody cameras (fixed & mobile) everywhere. If you double the posted limit or break 100 you can kiss goodbye to you licence for a year or more. Factor in a 100% increase in insurance premiums & it`s beyond a joke.

Not sure how it works in the States but over here you get photographed by a camera & you get a letter in the post about 2 weeks later with your details & the nature of the offence.

A friend went past the same mobile camera 4 times in 2 hours, 30mph zone, he clocked 34, 37, 34 & 35. First he knew about it was when 4 prosecution letters arrived on the same day. Fined $640, 12 points on his licence, banned for 6 months.

They don`t even let you do five over there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jscort98
    They don`t even let you do five over there?
    Two of them were for only 4 over!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macko
    Speeding is getting too dicey in the UK, bloody cameras (fixed & mobile) everywhere. If you double the posted limit or break 100 you can kiss goodbye to you licence for a year or more. Factor in a 100% increase in insurance premiums & it`s beyond a joke.

Not sure how it works in the States but over here you get photographed by a camera & you get a letter in the post about 2 weeks later with your details & the nature of the offence.

A friend went past the same mobile camera 4 times in 2 hours, 30mph zone, he clocked 34, 37, 34 & 35. First he knew about it was when 4 prosecution letters arrived on the same day. Fined $640, 12 points on his licence, banned for 6 months.

It`s getting to be that way in Arizona. I live in Tempe and travel through Scottsdale all the time. They are becoming notorious for their usage of photo enforcement. On the Loop 101, the cameras aren`t tripped unless you are doing at least 11 mph over, but the surface street cameras are much more sensitive. Tempe also has the red light cameras at nearly every intersection now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive buses, some of which are double decker buses, old original English ones, and last summer, with a good tailwind and heading down a hill with pedal to the metal, I hit 44 mph with old #405.

No passengers aboard but it was like an E ticket ride at Disneyland.

Downright scary. (I was in the slow lane)

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnZ3MC- Heh heh, that`s a whole new take on "it`s more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by azenthusiast
    It`s getting to be that way in Arizona. I live in Tempe and travel through Scottsdale all the time. They are becoming notorious for their usage of photo enforcement. On the Loop 101, the cameras aren`t tripped unless you are doing at least 11 mph over, but the surface street cameras are much more sensitive. Tempe also has the red light cameras at nearly every intersection now.

Add the fact that DPS is exploring the possibility of putting cameras throughout the state and it`s going to get dicey as well.

Illinois isn`t far behind. They already have red light cameras in quite a few locations in Chicago and the IL State Police have a Photo Van for construction zones but I won`t find it surprising to be used for speed enforcement outside of construction zones. Couple that with the unmarked cars they have and it gets even more interesting.

BTW, the highway that one poster spoke of is the Northwest Tollway where the Interstate sign is the actual speed limit. I have even gone so far as to call that expressway the Autobahn. I-94 is not fun in WI, MI, or IN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wide
    i live about 20miles north of I-80, it`s a very fast pased highway, great for making good time. i had a girlfriend who used to live in the suburbs of chicago and she told me about an interstate that led you out of chicago north. apparently if you weren`t doing 90 you where in the way, she said you`d see vipers, corvettes, all sorts of go fast cars. i don`t remember,i think is was 94??

Wouldn`t that make you close to I-88 which is another tollway to let the fur fly (except around 355)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinzII
    Illinois isn`t far behind. They already have red light cameras in quite a few locations in Chicago and the IL State Police have a Photo Van for construction zones but I won`t find it surprising to be used for speed enforcement outside of construction zones. Couple that with the unmarked cars they have and it gets even more interesting.

BTW, the highway that one poster spoke of is the Northwest Tollway where the Interstate sign is the actual speed limit. I have even gone so far as to call that expressway the Autobahn. I-94 is not fun in WI, MI, or IN.
    Sure do. A buddy of mine already got one of those lovely tickets in the mail for the construction zone. I`ve taken the front license plate off my company car for this reason. Supposedly, it only gets the front of the car so it can get the drive and the license plate.

I-94 is fun to go "94" But the asshats that drive below the speed limit in the left lane are the reasons Chicago (and Wisconsin in general) traffic sucks so bad. I`ve never seen so many stupid drivers. "Oh someone hit the brakes a mile ahead of me, I better hit mine too!":think: I guess that`s the Michigan driver in me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhadden
    Sure do. A buddy of mine already got one of those lovely tickets in the mail for the construction zone. I`ve taken the front license plate off my company car for this reason. Supposedly, it only gets the front of the car so it can get the drive and the license plate.

I-94 is fun to go "94" But the asshats that drive below the speed limit in the left lane are the reasons Chicago (and Wisconsin in general) traffic sucks so bad. I`ve never seen so many stupid drivers. "Oh someone hit the brakes a mile ahead of me, I better hit mine too!":think: I guess that`s the Michigan driver in me!

mhadden: : : :

God knows I have laid smoke on I-94 (Edens, Kennedy, and Ryan) as well as I-88, I-290, I-355, I-57, I-80, I-294, IL 394, I-65 in IN, and I-43 in WI.

As for stupid drivers, you need to come down here to AZ and see stupid drivers in action. You will never see Chicago drivers the same way again.

Post Thanks / Like
    mhadden: : : :

God knows I have laid smoke on I-94 (Edens, Kennedy, and Ryan) as well as I-88, I-290, I-355, I-57, I-80, I-294, IL 394, I-65 in IN, and I-43 in WI.

As for stupid drivers, you need to come down here to AZ and see stupid drivers in action. You will never see Chicago drivers the same way again.
    Actually, I know what you are talking about. My parents live in Queen Creek. When driving on the 202, people drive in the carpool lane and left lanes when traffic is going faster in the right lanes! But the 202 sucks now with the speed cameras...I try not to over do it unless I`m riding along with traffic.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    ...But the asshats that drive below the speed limit in the left lane are the reasons Chicago (and Wisconsin in general) traffic sucks so bad. I`ve never seen so many stupid drivers. "Oh someone hit the brakes a mile ahead of me, I better hit mine too!":think: I guess that`s the Michigan driver in me!
    Ain`t that the truth!! I`m a Michigan driver born in Wisconsin. I get along much better here!
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I know what you are talking about. My parents live in Queen Creek. When driving on the 202, people drive in the carpool lane and left lanes when traffic is going faster in the right lanes! But the 202 sucks now with the speed cameras...I try not to over do it unless I`m riding along with traffic.

202 or is it the 101? I have not seen any cameras on either part of the 202.

Post Thanks / Like
    202 or is it the 101? I have not seen any cameras on either part of the 202.
    Maybe it is the 101 on the way to the 202? It all looks the same But I thought by Gilbert/Chandler on the 202 there were some? At least my parents think there are...
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it is the 101 on the way to the 202? It all looks the same But I thought by Gilbert/Chandler on the 202 there were some? At least my parents think there are...

Nope. There are no cameras on the San Tan (202) or Red Mountain (202). The only cameras are on the 101 (for now).

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread Information