Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m very much so leaning towards the waterless wash way this spring and summer. I`ve been browsing on the autogeek site for a while now and I`m not having much luck picking a product.

There are the DP products which look good on their page, but i`ve never used them. They also have kits that come with the MF towels and spray bottle along with 32oz of concentrate of their waterless wash.

Let`s hear your experience, please note I am not necessarily stuck on the DP products- I want something that works.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using Optimum No Rinse and I love it. I got a grit guard for my bucket and a garden sprayer for really caked up areas and wheel wells. Smells awesome too, kinda makes you wanna taste is.....but I wouldnt advise that LOL

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you ment rinseless car wash :loco:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    I just started using Optimum No Rinse and I love it. I got a grit guard for my bucket and a garden sprayer for really caked up areas and wheel wells. Smells awesome too, kinda makes you wanna taste is.....but I wouldnt advise that LOL

Nevermind, I thought you ment rinseless car wash :loco:

Thats ok using ONR is a good start to the waterless wash learning curve

Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff is pretty additive. Makes not only an incredible WW, but an excellent clay lube, quick detailer and interior sprucer:

Clean & Polish Your Car without Water | Waterless Car Wash | 3D Products
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    This stuff is pretty additive. Makes not only an incredible WW, but an excellent clay lube, quick detailer and interior sprucer:

I definately agree it is a very good product

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

I agree, many uses for ONR I think it is a great all around product. It also works great for door shut areas, aswell as trunk and engine areas. If you are useing it in a pump sprayer and pair it with a APC for more soiled areas works just as well as other WW, IMO. For me I think it is great for interiors, low static leaves a matte finish, and mild smell.-Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    The more and more I read up on ONR around here, the more I wanna go and try it out (over the WW!)

AG has a kit that has the two bucket system (overkill?) grit guards, and a LC Grout Sponge with the squares- your guy` thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    The more and more I read up on ONR around here, the more I wanna go and try it out (over the WW!)

AG has a kit that has the two bucket system (overkill?) grit guards, and a LC Grout Sponge with the squares- your guy` thoughts?

I`d use the system with the two buckets on a vehicle that hasn`t seen a wash in quite some time. It probably isn`t the best to use a WW product with.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love ONR. The new version rocks! I`ve been driving a beat up Toyota Tercel with shot paint for the winter. The car had no wax on it when I bought it and I never bother waxing it since the paint is mostly bad. I washed it with ONR and the hood was still beading almost 3 weeks later. Not nice tight beads like it had good wax on it, but still pretty impressive for just a rinseless wash.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetails
    I absolutely love ONR. The new version rocks! I`ve been driving a beat up Toyota Tercel with shot paint for the winter. The car had no wax on it when I bought it and I never bother waxing it since the paint is mostly bad. I washed it with ONR and the hood was still beading almost 3 weeks later. Not nice tight beads like it had good wax on it, but still pretty impressive for just a rinseless wash.

I was also very impressed with the wax like beading after using ONR on a car with little to no wax on it. It also reduced wiper chatter/skipping on my dads car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker

My method is kind of a hybrid WW. One bucket of water w/grit guard, ONR in a sprayer, spray panel as normal wipe with wash media, rinse in bucket, repeat. And sometimes I use the standard 2 bucket method, follow up with a spray wax and your set. With the hybrid WW method at most using only 1-2 gallons of water, if you go with the 2 bucket method maybe 4 gallons. Great product,give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the AutoGeek kit i posted above is overkill?

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably, two buckets I`m not sure is ever needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Home Depot and pick up two 5 gallon buckets and at Lowes a grout sponge. Pick up microfibers from anywhere else but AG as they as very overpriced for the quality.

The buckets are only $2.60, so rougly $5 for two:

5-Gallon Orange Homer Bucket-05GLHD2 at The Home Depot

These can be found at most Lowes for $2 and are paint safe, do a search on them:

Shop ProLine Professional Tile & Grout Sponge at Lowes.com

If you go to ADS (AutoDetailingSolutions) you can get 2 grit gaurds and a 32oz bottle of ONR for roughly $30 shipped.

Add 10 green microfibers from Microfibertech.com for about $25 shipped here:

16"x16" Medium Terry 300gsm Microfiber Towel - Green (Pack of 10)

And there you go, everything you`d get from the AG kit but it`d be about $63 when all said and done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information