Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So here`s the deal. I am going to one of my clients workplaces today to try and remove some blood stains that she has acquired in her band new dodge ram. Her dog had an *organ* *explode* and yeah to aviod the gross details she decided to feed to me...it bled through the blanket she put down onto her seat and a small spot on the floor. She has all BLACK interior.

So my question to you all is what do you recommend as far as product AND procedure to be the best choice for removing blood stains. I already have the Aztec hot water extractor that I will be giving it a shot at.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions provided!

I searched and could not find very much coverage of this topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a black interior it`s going to be especially hard b/c you can`t use anything that will fade the surface, so try the stuff in a hidden area. I have found that used sparingly, laundry stain spot removers will usually remove blood if it hasn`t been there for too long. You can try hydrogen peroxide, but that might fade the color a bit. Finally, go to a drug store or pharmacy and ask them for products that remove blood stains and check them out.

Obviously, apply to the surface with a cloth and then work it in with a soft toothbrush. Make sure to rinse often with clean water and an absorbant sponge.

Good luck.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    (303â„¢ Spot Remover & Cleaner)

My gf was taking some of my daughters younger friends to school, and for one of them `it was her first...` needless to say she was embarrassed, but the 303 cleaned the seats as if it had never happened (it also works well on fabric / carpet blood stains

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon,

Is the 303 availavle in any stores that you know of? I certainly do not have any on hand and I am metting my customer at 3:00 this afternoon.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can buy 303 products locally, but that is meaningless for you as I`m in Florida.

You could try a solvent?

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use any water while cleaning the blood, only use COLD water.

Using hot water will help "set" the blood stain in the fabric and it will be even more difficult to remove.
    Later ......

Mike

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could also try your local supermarket`s detergent aisle; there should be some enzymatic spot removers (which work primarily on protein stains, i.e. grass, blood, food, etc.)
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a chemical from chemspec ( i just woke up and I dont remember the name . Locally you can talk to a janitorial supply place and they can set you up. or if you are in a big pinch oxyclean has taken blood out for me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

I use a chemical from chemspec ( i just woke up and I dont remember the name . Locally you can talk to a janitorial supply place and they can set you up. or if you are in a big pinch oxyclean has taken blood out for me too.

The last time I had to clean up a lot of blood (Christmas Eve) I did something very similar and used a bottle of Woolite Oxy Carpet Shampoo with some old terry towels. I wet the stain with Woolite and patted dry with the towels, repeated numerous times until most of the blood was removed then I used a cold water cleaning solution and extracted. I went with the Woolite because I had some there on hand and I wanted to work the stain before the blood had time to completely dry out.

Also good advice on using a janitorial supplier .. It`s amazing what you can learn about cleaning in general by visiting one and checking out the cleaning solutions they offer.
    Later ......

Mike

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, googledude, I hope your client`s dog is alright. Sounds like a very traumatic experience for the dog, and the owner as well.
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar expirence and I used Folex to get the blood out and it worked great. Can pick up a bottle at target for $6.

Post Thanks / Like
    As Redondov6 said, only use cold water. Last week i cleaned a 2 month old Toyota Sequia that had goose blood from hunting season(some people have too much money). I used my regular shampoo and then a spray foam with i think ammonia in it and let it sit for a few moments. It took quite a few passes to suck it all up.

Also try a protein stain remover. Off hand i can`t remember the name of the stuff they use to clean blood, after a car accident.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a product designed not only to clean but also disenfect.

The cleaning is done by way of enzymes which attack the stain, emulsify it and it can then be extracted. I use a product from Microban which cleans but also kills any and all germs, bacteria and a host of other things that go bump in the night

Also wear some protective gloves, possibly wear a face mask and eye protection. This is in the realm of hazardous waste and people who do crime scene clean up (there is a market for detailers in the crime scene business, huge money can be made) must do so by strict federal guide lines. Which means wearing a hazmat suit.

Adios,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the responses!

I was able to use hydrogen peroxide diluted 2-1 and blotted it out of the seat using terry towels. It may need an ozone machine run in it to completly remove the odor. Other than that it went alright. She had MEGA dog hair everywhere. Once we get some nice weather she is going to have me detail her entire truck.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point Anthony, about the need to disinfect. I also read about the need for crime scene and accident scene cleanup. Sounds like alot of work and money to set up, but the $ per hour is unreal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information