Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    most likely mid jan-feb (hopefully sooner)...

Seriously, that`s ridiculous. If the product has been tested to the degree they can show it at SEMA, it should be available. I really don`t get Meguiars marketing sometimes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be missing something because that link seems to not really tell me anything....soo....pretty much mf pads along with mf pad specific compound/wax that`s supposed to have more cut for DA`s?
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Seriously, that`s ridiculous. If the product has been tested to the degree they can show it at SEMA, it should be available. I really don`t get Meguiars marketing sometimes.

while i can`t say for sure since i obviously don`t work for them, it`s a new 2011 product so that`s why i i would think it would come out within the first few weeks of 11` (who knows maybe it will come out sooner). as far as their marketing goes, i`m sure your not the only one who feels that way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Don`t you test for them? Have you tried it yet. Im sure meguairs has there reasons for not releasing it yet! I can`t wait to try this stuff. My birthday is in February. It better be out befor then!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha I was actually thinking that me and a bunch of my buddies throw money into a pot and start a pool--winner gets w.e. amount of products the money buys xD
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Scott,

Don`t you test for them? Have you tried it yet. Im sure meguairs has there reasons for not releasing it yet! I can`t wait to try this stuff. My birthday is in February. It better be out befor then!

Been a while since I tested anything. I was told back in the spring I`d be getting a few things to test, never heard back from them.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

Off-the-cuff guess: they want to jump-start next year`s sales after the Holiday Season is over. I suspect their marketing people have put a lot of thought into just when they oughta roll out the new stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure the folks at Meguairs have the there reasons for when everything is gonna be launched. Those are the things we may never know, but anticapation is a great way to boost sales right away. I think I seen on MOL that they are introducing something like 30+ new sku`s? I mean seriously we should just be patient. Im sure they got a lot on there hands with that many new products.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually trade shows are meant to drive retailers and distributors attn vs. individual customer sales. Then they are probably under contract that they can`t sell until distribution happens on a mass scale to all their preferred partners which takes a couple of months to get through the full supply chain.

I know that is the case in many business.
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paco
    Usually trade shows are meant to drive retailers and distributors attn vs. individual customer sales. Then they are probably under contract that they can`t sell until distribution happens on a mass scale to all their preferred partners which takes a couple of months to get through the full supply chain.

I know that is the case in many business.

Bingo, Paco....you got it right

Many of Meguiars` trade customers might not be willing to buy these new SKUs, until they`ve gotten rid sufficiently of the older SKUs (via discounts, promo packs etc). Even then, the distribution/logistics process takes time.

Normally, shelf space will need to be "bought" more than 6mths in advance.

If you`ve missed buying the necessary shelf space, you might not get the shelf on time.

When news of the new SKUs hit the media, these new SKUs shd ideally be on the shelves already. That`s good marketing practice.

But in real-life, it might not happen due to so many factors. The old SKUs might still be trapped on the shelves, and despite promotions, these old stuff remain stuck on the shelves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Especially in the down market. Meguiars can not be immune to slower turn rates at retail which is surely affecting their partners decisioin to list new unproven items which may or may not be successes. If a product doesn`t turn.. then negotiating mark downs, returns and blowouts takes a lot of time. For Meguiars, it usually means delisting an item and replacing it vs. just plopping it on shelf as additional shelf space is at premium and not easy to come by. Those negotiations are taking way longer now then in years pasts due to slower foot traffic at retail, decreased average spend per user and decreased marketing comittments by companies.. No one is eager to take on a product and have it sit on shelf and not making money. Every inch of space has to generate X dollars over a certain period of time or else..

With SEMA being so important to the industry.. they probably had no choice but to put them out there even if they weren`t ready for distribution. Otherwise, they are using SEMA like so many to draw attention to the products to get buy-ins and distribution. Either way.. anything coming out of SEMA`s demo would take weeks/months to get into end user hands.

Also... for the pro lines. Most bodyshops are not necessarily eager to take on new products and having to go through additional training and taking time away from making money. Unless there is an absolute direct benefit to them with respect to time and money.. why change status quo. As far they are concerned.. i`ve been detailing cars for 20years.. 10years.. and can get a good finish.. what advantage does this bring other then being the latest and greatest..

For enthusists.. obviousy there is a different mindset in wanting to try every new thing out there.

That`s the difference between online, small mom and pop operations and a national company. Boutiques can cater much faster and easier to fans vs. a large corporation that depends on trade but makes significantly more revenue from population mass outlets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gig.. I`ve got a bit of experience in retail and big & small business strategies for sales haven been there done that.. still doing it albeit in a completely different business sector. I`ve dealt with the Walmarts of the world and also online small biz..

Both are beasts... just different like a dinosaur vs. a dragon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information