Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Ivan-lately, I`ve been cutting #105 about 20% with Optimum Polish. Dramatically longer working time with little compromise in cut. I can work a section 2-3 minutes instead of 30 seconds now.

Yea I actually read that in another thread where you posted... I`ll play around with that when I get some OP... I would really suggest you try out M95 if you can find some free time... I think you`ll really like it considering you like M105 with a little longer working time.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for M95 here! I have gone through 2 bottles of M105 and have gotten used to its quirks, but just got M95 as places were out of M105 when I was reordering. I really like M95 better as it seems to produce similar results but with at least twice the working time(but not taking too long) and with less sling than M105 and it is cheaper as well.

As far as mixing polishes, I use 8oz containers for all my polishes/compounds/sealants. I got them at my local dollar store, but Meguairs sells them too. I just mix the 2 polishes in the small container and shake them up. I label what each container is in marker, so it is easy to just grab it and go. I use a small tool caddy which holds all my various polishes on one side and waxes/clay bar/brushes on the other!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by d00t
    When you guys mix polishes to create longer working time, do you like squirt out so much of each (whatever "dilution" you desire) into a bowl, mix it together, and then slowly dump it in it`s own bottle? Just curious on how to go about this. I think I want to do this to a polish like SIP to get a little more working time out of it..

White is #105, tan is Optimum Compound:

As you can see, miminal holograms:

After Ultrafina:

Ivan-probably use up my #105 first, no sense letting 7/8ths of a gallon of something I paid $82 for go to waste.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    White is #105, tan is Optimum Compound:

As you can see, miminal holograms:

After Ultrafina:

Ivan-probably use up my #105 first, no sense letting 7/8ths of a gallon of something I paid $82 for go to waste.

That looks great... if you don`t mind, please post up or PM me all the different ratios and products with which you mix m105 as I want to experiment with it some more... I simply suggested giving M95 a try on some free time just to compare, as I`m sure you`ll like it
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott - How much different is the 105/OC combo finish to a straight 105 finish? The buffer trails I get with 105 & wool is just a little heavier than the BMW hood in your pics.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott-I can`t believe you bring the full 32oz container with you and don`t premix common compounds if you are mobile. I can take a small tool caddy with all compounds/polishes/crevice brushes/clay bar pack in the same space as a gallon jug. I just fill them up when I get home every few days from the 32oz or gallon containers. It would save you a tonne of time and space to use smaller containers and pre-mix the common mixes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC17
    My feelings exactly...well stated.

I know...perhaps polish breaks down faster in other people`s garages!

Seriously though, about all I could do in those short times is merely apply polish with very little correction. And I`m sure there are customers out there that would be happy with a little extra shine. But even when I`m doing a one-step (one polish/one pad combo...but possibly multiple passes in areas), I go for as much correction as possible, and charge by the hour.

What polish and pad do you guys use for a one step polish?

DG G35 Coupe -> 19s PIAA Super Rozza

Bats Overlays, 35% tint, Kuruma Z front Bumper Coming Soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    You can probably get by with that combo if you`re using a medium/mild foam pad, but I`d be hard pressed to think that if somthing more agressive(like wool) was used Ultrafina wouldn`t be able to "fill" the gap. Ultrafina was designed to be used after their swirl remover (step 2 in their 3 step process) was used. Dark finishes look OK(shiny) after that step, but still were prone to swirls. Also 105>UF won`t create *max* gloss in comparison to using a polish as an in-between step. I use UF only after I know the finish is 95%(or more) swirl free from another polishing step used prior. Again, there`s a decent(sometimes worthwhile) difference between acceptable and possible results. It`s all based on what you`re after.

Great point David.

Scott, what about M95? I heard it has a longer working time and leaves a slightly better finish. Have you ever used it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information