Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    raised them a little bit. you guys think they are still fair?

oh and i added a couple cars to the gallery if you want to check those out :woot:

JC Detail
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that your prices are too low. If it will sometimes take two days for your premium detail, then $400 is far too little. If you can do it in one day, then the price is reasonable.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I am usually able to do it in a day, i just want the customer to know that there is a possibility that it will take more time. Oh, and it just starts at $400
    JC-Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple things I think I`ll point out.

First off, nice looking website, looks real good and professional.

You have a basic Wash that is $50 and then a Wash and Wax that is $40?? not smart

Then you have a 1-2 hour pricing of $50, then another 1-2 hour pricing that`s $80?? again, not smart.

You`re loosing money and doing more work for less pay.

On your Super Detail, you mention for "cars that are driven daily or neglected"......why would you tell someone they are neglecting there cars? very negative.

Personally, I`d do away with the $40 and $50 dollar processes and just offer the $80, they`re all basically the same anyways.

The soccer mom process should be renamed as there`s probably a few mom`s out there that could get offended.

Just my opinion, hope I`m not being too harsh.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know what they were b4 but seems reasonable, especially for L.A. I like the contract idea, how do you pitch it?

I would rethink one thing: "The Wash" and "The Detail" for continuity (drop standard, you shouldn`t offer anything that sounds plain, or regular). I`d also change "The Basic" name to something that conveys: outside only.. like Quick Shine, that`s lame but you get the idea. I just think "The Basic" sounds to generic. With a price increase you also want to project percieved value, the names of your packages can do just that if you stay away from words like "standard" and "basic".

I hope this is taken as helpful and not picky.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, your gallery did not work on my computer?
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    BTW, your gallery did not work on my computer?

I`m sure it would help the OP to know what browser and version you`re using. That`s the most likely culprit.

I actually only perused the pricing, but I`ll go back to it later. I did notice a few typos though:

FAQ page Answer #1: "We treat your car like our own and do they best we can to preserve your paint." Delete the "y"

FAQ page Answer #2: "They use harsh chemicals that will strip your existing wax/sealant that you have on your carat the time." Put a space between "car" and "at"

FAQ page Answer #3: "Swirls are little scratches that diffuse the light on your car and makes it look dull." Delete the "s"

FAQ page Answer #4: "Paint Correction will get the swirls out of your paint and make the paint vibrant and relective; making your paint look new again!" Add the "f" in "reflective"

FAQ page Answer #6: "There are swirls and other defects in your paint that make it less relective and vibrant that a simple carwash cannot..." Add the "f" in "reflective"
    ~Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for these posts! this is the kind of criticism i was looking for!

but the typos are kind of embarrassing.... i guess thats what i get for typing them in dreamweaver
    JC-Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion your packages are not very balanced price wise.

There is a massive gap between the wash and detail. $80 to $300 is a massive step.

Also its not good to reccomend the $400 detail for older neglected vehicles as they could still get excellent results with the $300 package. That may turn away customers who think they have to get the $400 detail for their car to look good.

I`d change it to:

$49 - Wash (This is your current wash)

$99 - Deluxe wash and wax (This is your current super wash)

$199 - Mini Detail (New package that fits between the deluxe package)

$299 - Deluxe detail

Also something that i have found very sucessful is to not offer basic cheap washs but instead include some free follow up washes with the bigger details. This would effectively replace your contract section and give you more money. If you know your going wash a car 10 times your better off giving it a big detail at the start to make the washing easier. This is why its better to include it after a detail.

I dont do many day long details but my packages are as follows.

$99 - Mini detail

$199 - deluxe detail

$299 - Deluxe detail AND 4 follow up washs

So basically the follow up wash`s end up costing only $25 each which may seem cheap, but as the car has been detailed the first time its extremely easy to wash.

During these wash`s i usually get to know the customer and sell myself and after the 4th wash they usually spend another $299 for a detail and 4 wash`s. Or i make a custom package just for that customer like $199 for another 5 additional wash`s.

I wouldn`t bother getting out of bed for a $40 wash if you had never seen the car before and you may never see it again. I only offer wash`s for regular customers that have been detailed first.

As your prices are a little higher than mine you could do.

$99 - Deluxe wash

$199 - Mini detail

$299 Deluxe detail

$399 Deluxe detail + 4 washes.

The customers will think with the last package they are getting 4 $99 deluxe wash`s but because the car would be so clean it will be heaps quicker for you.

This pricing setup prevents you getting **** customers who want a cheap wash and wax and hope that you restore their neglected car.

Some food for though, i`d definitely change around a few of the packages :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the yellow (gold?) font very difficult to read against the white background.

IMO you should add some descriptions to your photo gallery. Example - on the Lexus photos you show a photo of a claybar. Not everyone knows what a claybar is or does so a description would be in order. That`s all I`ve got for you as I think you`ve already received some excellent advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome last 2 posts, thanks a lot guys... i`m going to change some stuff right now.
    JC-Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    alright, changed a couple things. let me know what you think!
    JC-Detail

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the wash: Change consentrate to shampoo (sounds more luxurious), and remove "quick" from vacuum (quick doesn`t say quality to me)

On the businessman...how bout "The Image" Image is everything, a freshly detailed car says you`re together and professional...

You may not like these but I just thought I`d suggest what I`d do. It looks much better and is a smoother read.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been redoing my pricing also. What advantage is there to listing the hours of the service? I just drop that, it seems to be too much for MOST people.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your site! You designed it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information