Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

Stephen-I make it a policy that I won`t touch a car for a new client without them being there. I don`t know them, they don`t know me and I`d rather we meet so I know their expecations and can explain to them what I can do with their vehicle.

I make the above point one of the most important aspects of providing service.

If the customer is a regular customer, then it should definitely be fine if they happen to not be home when you arrive to do service.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have a check in sheet I usually use, and I attach that with the invoice, I didn`t do that this time around, and as they say hindsight is 20/20. I don`t use them with my regulars (which is who I`ve been dealing with the most since it`s winter), but I really should have this time around. Oh well, I`m glad I learned this lesson, and it will stay with me.

I was telling a friend of mine that I`ve gotten to be a very proficient detailer, but I`m still working on being a good businessman.

Steve
    1995 Porsche 968 Cab Speed Yellow
    A-Z Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a shame that everybody can`t be true to their word, it`s becoming a CYA society and maybe you won`t get rich being that way, but you won`t go broke either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had this happen to as well, about 2 or 3 times and each time I tell mysslf, I need to do this or that with a job, but sometimes, you get in such a rush to do the job, you forget some of the little things that can really cost you in the end.

I`m currently working on a 3 vehicles for a couple that just moved to texas from chicago (I think), and the wife was is a Realtor there, but not here in Texas.

Anyhow, they wanted complete Details, inside/out a small Jeep, Subaru, and a 20 ft e350 ford box truck. Plus they wanted all of the business graphics removed from the truck, and they had a few graphices on the vehicles as well.....

I quoted them $550.00 for everything....

Well.....let me just say, I have bitten off more than I can chew on this one!

I had to hire a helper for the truck ($170 for 17 hours of work) and I still have the other vehicles to do....

I might break even in the end on this one!!

But.....this is another lesson learned!

JaY

ATX.MD

Post Thanks / Like
    THat`s why you should always ask what the clients "expectations" are before you ever think about touching there vehicles.

Sorry to hear about the situation.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM THIS DETAIL:

answers I get:

for it to look shiny again

full scratch removal

remove the swirl marks

spotless interior

better than new condition

and my favorite: I dont know, I`ve never had a detail before!

with that last one, the results are always flawless to a 95% level. This way I can show them what a REAL detail is all about, and they will keep wanting to have their car DETAILED instead of just washed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information