Post Thanks / Like
    :wavey How`s everyone doing? Hope everyone and their cars did well throughout `Isabel`.

Anyways, I am new to this site, reccomended by Jngr, as many of you probably know him. I`m over from Team-Integra. He is well respected for detailing over on that site, so I figured I`d come over to see what I was missing.

I am no where near new to the science of detailing (yes science, thats how serious I and probably almost all of you here take it). I detailed all summer independently and had great results. However, I know there is still plenty to learn...

I have already picked up a few tidbits of information to make myself a better and more rounded detailer.

Here are some pics of my car, the paint is new since the end of August. Just about ready for its first detail (popping her cherry )

PS I do a lot of business with a company called Gliptone for bulk detailing supplies. They blow away store bought stuff, possibly non-store bought too for a great price. Not sure if it has been discussed here, but I will gradually try to introduce some of their products to you guys/girls with pics so you can see how well they work.

Post Thanks / Like
    how`d you get it to stick to the side of that wall?

(first pic... you should try to rotate it 90 degrees clockwise )

Nice car and paint job.

Haven`t heard of gliptone. Do they have a web site we could check out?

:welcome to Autopia!
    Michael

Hummer may have seven slots, but it`s not spelled JEEP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Gliptone. Available in the NorthEast. Their products are at R&S Strauss and Pep Boys.

They are marginal products. All the products we discuss here are far better than Gliptone.

I would say they hover just below Meguiars, Mothers and 3M. They are also a tad more expensive then the others. They don`t have the abrasive selection like Meguiars and 3M available for retail purchase locally.

I have used their QD, Car Wash and one of their waxes. I like their car wash soap but have found Meguiars Gold Class better after trying both out. I now use it on my wheels only. Plus GC is much cheaper when you buy in the gallon size.

It`ll drive you crazy, trying every product, but Gliptone is not really worth it when you have Mothers and Meguiars sitting on the shelf next to it.

They have a nice website. I believe it`s www.gliptone.com
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually go straight to the Gliptone headquarters (30 mins from me) and pick up the stuff you can`t buy in the stores.

I agree...The few things of theirs on the shelves are "ok". However, they have a very wide range of polishes, compounds, waxes, cleaners, and so on for the serious detailer.

I have tried pretty much every store bought product. The industrial (buy only from headquarters) line of theirs, is much better than the retail version.

I will be using some of their stuff on my upcoming detail and will be taking pics as well and you guys can see if you like it.

Gliptone also carries 3M, Clay Majic, Meguiars and many other brands at their headquarters. They claim they sell more Gliptone...maybe because it is direct profit, but they are also cheaper than 3M and Meguiars...

Anyways, just check out this pic. I did a detail on a Black Rodeo that was highlyyyy oxidized. This pic is after a wash...on the left is cleaner wax applied and the right is nothing. The second pic is it all done with cleaner and finishing liquid wax (both Gliptone). Came out quite well in my eyes...The owner was absolutely thrilled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia

I must say how surprised I was to see a giant pen sticking out of your car in the second picture and then to see a huge pin in the third picture. Of course, all of this is nothing compared to getting a couple of trees to grow from the front and rear of the car.

OK, maybe I need more sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Pen = Emergency Tower in College Parking Lot

Pin = Flagpole

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! Lots to read and learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to town GSRstilez!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car is awesome (well, the wing is kind of--well it`s a little large). Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia!
    ~Miguel

Thread Information