Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, First of all, don`t hold that terrible performance by the Chiefs against me! Nothing like looking your worst on national TV!

That being said, it`s great to be here! I own several cars: `99 Torch Red Corvette, `01 Mustang Bullit-Black- `02 Lincoln LS-E Black and a white `00 Explorer. So if I`m detailing a car, I usually have my work cut out for me!

I just bought a PC 7336 and have been reading up on it`s use. I`ve always done everything by hand. I enjoying detailing, just like everyone here. The internet is a refuge for people with similar tastes!

If anyone has any special advice on using my PC on my Corvette, I would love to hear from you. I`m preparing for World of Wheels in February and wouldn`t mind using the PC on the vette, if I think I can handle it without destroying my car!:waxing:

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Sounds like you have a nice stable. Per the corvette, the clear is rock hard, and a PITA to work on, but once perfected by what always seems to be 3-4 step polishing steps, it looks great.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I`m across the state, but always glad to see a fellow Missourian here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the greetings and advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Wichita. Regarding using the PC on the Vette-- If you have noticeable swirls or marring, don`t be afraid to use the PC. I used to have a black 1998 Vette, and I spent quite a few hours working on it with the PC, using various Mequiars products (80, 81, 83). Your red should be a little easier and more forgiving (I now have a red Viper, and red isn`t quite as tough). If you`re into Zaino (I`m a fan), Zaino Z-PC is a fairly user-friendly polish, although something stronger might be needed, depending on the status of your paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought what I`d do on the vette is clay bar then a very light polish and then wax. The paint is really in very good shape. I just thought with the PC I could get a deeper finish.

I`m just a bit apprehensive on the use of the PC since I`ve never used one. I`ll start out easy and take it from there. Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Where abouts in KC? I am in Raytown.

Post Thanks / Like
    :chuckle: Looks like we live fairly close. I`m in Lee`s Summit. I live off Chipman Rd just west of the Summit Woods shopping center. I`m in Raytown fairly often. A friend of mine owns a wallpaper and paint store there and bought my Explorer from **** Smith Ford. Small world eh! Enjoying the snow and ice this weekend...not! Even the garage is too cold to mess with the car right now. Glad I found the website. Great place to trade stories and ideas. Scott

The autopia software censored the name of the dealership!:chuckle:

Thread Information