Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve recently been using my DeWalt rotary more and more trying to get my proficiency level up to appropriate level. I had several junk panels from a junkyard to practice on and have since moved onto my Black Audi for practice. Well i feel that I`m ready to move onto customer cars where necessary with the rotary but I have the following question.

I`ve gotten to the point where even on black I`ve got the technique down to nearly no holograming or buffer trails....but I still havn`t done a car completely without them due to the weird angles and spots you come across working on different cars. Will SSR1 via a polishing pad on a PC cleanup the remaining trails from a rotary OR will I need a more agressive combo. in working on my Audi it seems to work...BUT there`s soo much on the paint and it`s gone over soo often I want to make sure that I`m really cleaning up the remaining holograms and not just filling them in. Just to clarify I`m not talking about major holograming that we all cringe when you see pictures of it...I`m talking very light wisps that I pick out because I`m trying to be a perfectionist.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will be alright using the PC and SSR1 to clean up the light hologramming.

I had some moderate hologramming from being rushed when applying AIO with a PC, it was pretty noticable, but it cleaned up quite easily with SSR1 and a PC with a Blue Propel pad on 4.5.

It may just be the soft Honda/Acura paint though.

Post Thanks / Like
    AudiOn19s- Assuming you have factory paint, if it works on the Audi it oughta work on most other vehicles too. Fixing the hologramming on hard Spies-Hecker paint is gonna be harder than fixing it on softer paints.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s light hologrammming the ssr1 on a PC will work almost all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator: Yeah it`s the factory paint...unfortunatly...my car was the main reason I forced myself to learn a rotoray anyhow...cause I could work for what seemed to be an eternity to see any results with just a PC.

Thanks for all the quick feedback...gives me peace of mind that I`m not covering anything up!.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
    Accumulator: Yeah it`s the factory paint...unfortunatly...my car was the main reason I forced myself to learn a rotoray anyhow...cause I could work for what seemed to be an eternity to see any results with just a PC...

Heh heh, welcome to the club. Marring on my S8 from stuff related to the "deer incident" was why I went back to using a rotary after more than 20 years of not needing one.

Thread Information