Post Thanks / Like
    Got my PC not too long ago, just got around to ordering pads and compounds. I have the Excel pads (orange, green,blue, gray) and their backing plate. I ordered Meguires #83, and Megiures #82, and have P21S already.

I planned to use the #83 on problem areas (for scratch/swirl removal) with a green pad, and move to orange if necessary. Then use the green polishing pad with #82 on the entire car, followed by topping with P21S.

Does this sound right? What speeds should I use? If there are any other products I should look into purchasing please recommend me to them. I appreciate everyone`s help!

Post Thanks / Like
    not tried #82, but #80 gets good reports from most including me!!! Particularly good on light swirls and bringing out a brilliant shine. Any deeper defects are sorted by #83 which you have already got....
    2 Classic Minis, Rover 200vi, Mazda mx5, Ford Mondeo Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^What he said. Spread #83 and #80 at speed 4, work at 5 or 6, finish at 6. You can go to LSP after #80 or try VM (green pad, speed 4-5) or AIO (blue pad, 4) and then P21S. Quikshine is a nice qd between wax applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to say that you might want to follow up the #83 with #80 that is just my thought. check out the results of other members that have posted pics using this combo, it works very well

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only used the #80 with my PC and I use the PC at a 4 or 5 speed setting - mosty 4. Haven`t tried the other, more abrasive, meg products because the 80 seems to take care of a large percentage of my paint blemishes and I like the glossy look it gives the car. I will top it with AIO then either P21s wax, #16 wax or mother`s pure carnuba - depends on my mood that day as to which LSP I will use

Post Thanks / Like
    Consider adding 80 to your arsenal.....82 is the least abrasive of 80-82-83.

80 is a great all around product capable of removing most normal wash/dry marring and swirls, spiderwebbing. Leaves surface ready for LSP.

Start with 82 on low speed (4) to dispurse and distribute product evenly. This initial pass also seasons your pad. Make a complete sectional pass overlapping 25%. Turn `er up a notch to 5 and begin working product in, again, make complete sectional passes. My final pass and actual "work" pass is always on 6, this is where, I feel, diminishing abrasives perform, go slow, make sure your overlapping 25% of previous pass. Product should nearly dissapear on final passes.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information