Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIO by PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am gonna be putting the AIO on tonight by PC and I wanna make sure I have it right...

Blue Pad. And spray a couple shots of AIO on a pad? Right?

Speed?

Do I WIWO, or how do I remove?

Thanks.
    2002 Audi TT 180

Post Thanks / Like
    i am also interested in getting some info this. when the weather gets better i would also like to try aio by pc.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Spray Eagle One Wipe & Shine on pad to "prime" it, 2 full spritzes to start. Add a very thin line of AIO around pad, about 1/2 out. Work it in well. Do half the hood, or a door, ec. Wipe off with a clean MF. Then single spritz of EO W&S and the same dribble of AIO and do the next body panel.

Don`t worry about ouside rubber or plastic - no white smears will be form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one else? MOre ideas? More tips, whatever?
    2002 Audi TT 180

Post Thanks / Like
    When I using a PC to apply AIO I do the same as Gonzo.

I find I can apply and remove AIO faster by hand than I can by PC and the results are just as good. I use less product by hand to.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO will work in pretty well if you give it some time. The more you work it (allow it to buff out), the less wiping you will have and the better the resulting finish (durability and gloss).

Many people have commented the AIO is a polish/cleaner only and does not protect. This is not true. AIO is a great sealant, however, it is often applied incorrectly. The WOWO method does not really give AIO time to bond, so most of the sealant gets wiped away.

When you use AIO by PC, allowing the AIO to buff off allows the cleaners to get their job done, the fine polish to remove light swirls and fine marring, and burnishes the sealant to the paint finish for a longer-lasting seal.

If you over apply AIO, it may start to cake up on the pad or even on the finish. Simply wipe the pad off with a cotton towel.

Priming the pad is okay, but don`t over do it.

If you practice, you can lay out a 6" to 12" bead of AIO on the paint finish and run your pad up to it slowly with the leading edge lifted to pull in the AIO. With practice you will learn how to do it without splatter. The result will be better product distribution on the pad.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I like using AIO by PC, just prefer the physical motions over those involved with hand application.

Once you start doing it, I think you`ll find it`s really easy and sorta intuitively obvious. Perhaps one reason why there aren`t too many responses to the "how do I?" is because it`s almost a no-brainer so nobody`s really thought it out too well.

Work with a moist pad (I just use water). Don`t use too much. Don`t work it too long/let it get dry but work it long enough to clean the panel. Wipe it off with a soft MF. Less of a how-to than what Gonzo posted but I never really think about it much

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use AIO by hand only if the car`s paint is well-maintained and in good shape. Hand application is faster in this case because I`m not really using it to take off too much from the surface but just to give me a slick base coat for an LSP. If you are using AIO to take advantage of its cleaning properties on a less than perfect surface, then application by PC is better. PC application always gets me better results. PC-applied AIO seems to me just a tad harder to remove than hand-applied AIO.

I`ve used AIO either with EO as a primer or with no primer at all. I prefer a very small amount of primer.

I put (3) 1 inch lines of AIO on a white pad about 3/4" from the pad edge and do a panel at a time. Do your headlight covers, taillights and glass while you`re at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you use AIO by PC, allowing the AIO to buff off allows the cleaners to get their job done, the fine polish to remove light swirls and fine marring, and burnishes the sealant to the paint finish for a longer-lasting seal.

What David said. I work it in with a PC and then use a Sonus detailing MF to buff off the rest. I prefer going straight to a carnauba...I don`t like SG.

I use a blue or grey LC finishing pad which works very well. A good claying really helps prep the surface.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

AIO is a great sealant, however, it is often applied incorrectly. The WOWO method does not really give AIO time to bond, so most of the sealant gets wiped away.

db

Does this apply to SG also? Many people here use WOWO with SG. I like letting it sit for an hour or two before I remove it.

As for AIO I work it in and buff off right away. I`m not to worried about it bonding since I don`t use AIO for it`s protection and I apply a LSP over it anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by beastie

Do your headlight covers, taillights and glass while you`re at it.

Yea? This true, I use AIO on all of these? The Glass? Are you ****ing with me?
    2002 Audi TT 180

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so if I was gonna let AIO bond, I put it on with PC and a blue pad, and then just let it sit, and then when I am done, can I put a buffing wrap over the pad and use the PC to buff it all off? Would this be a good idea or by hand to remove it?
    2002 Audi TT 180

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thedarksyde

Yea? This true, I use AIO on all of these? The Glass? Are you ****ing with me?

AIO works great on glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess speed also? What speed should I be setting the PC at for such a thin product?
    2002 Audi TT 180

Post Thanks / Like
    thedarksyde- I use speed 4 or so. Sometimes slower depending on what I`m working with. Start around 3 and speed it up a bit if you feel like it.

If you want to buff it off with a MF bonnet on the PC, put the bonnet over a fresh (clean) pad. I wouldn`t take it off with a terry bonnet as it might mar the finish.

Oh, and while some will do it, I would`t put AIO on the windshield. Side/rear glass is fine though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information