Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need more cut than 105 and a MF cutting disc

Trouble- Heh heh, guess this is another case where you can I can agree to disagree This one is a topic that my pal Barry Theal and I spar over all the time! (I swear Barry never saw a car that he didn`t think needed wetsanded!)

Guess it`s good that I`m not a Pro, I`d be constantly warning customers how they can only take off X microns over the life of the car. If my daily bread depended on it I might go ahead and hammer it if the customer made an informed decision.

Just FWIW, if a Pro told me that my paint measurements dictated restraint, *that* would make a good impression on *me*. If the vehicle were a leased Kia, I just might tell him to go ahead and "hit it like Trouble"!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need more cut than 105 and a MF cutting disc

I always measure paint thickness and look it over real carefully after a good wash and SM Arnold Claytowel using DODO Juice Born Slippy..

And it its thin, you have to determine how thin, how far, and what caused it.. Is it Uniformly thin, or just in spots, or what?? You need to know this..
    And by the same token, if its extra thick, what happened there? Yeah, probably body work and repaint, so now the paint will act differently there..

Always keep my paint gauge in my pocket to measure while correcting to insure Im not removing very much..
    My Clients are going to keep coming back every year, so I would be an idiot to remove it all year-1, right ??
    Knowing how much fun it is to prep a vehicle for painting - takes way, way, longer to do than the actual painting - I really dont want to create ANY headaches for anyone - especially the Client..
    Dan F

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information