Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I kind of surprised there isn`t a sticky thread on this subject. What pads are you pros using one your polishers? Also, where do you source them from, and what`s the approximate cost?

Maybe with enough input, a mod might consider sticky threading this.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use lake country... Detailers image, autogeek, amazon, etc... sign up for special offers... detailers image just ended free shipping.. nice savings.. google is your friend

Post Thanks / Like
    I like buff and shine pads. They sell then at "Auto Detailing Solutions" in a 6 pack for like 34.99 for 6 different pads. I mean I have 6 of each pad. What size pads are you going to use. I mostly use the 5.5" pads on da and rotary. Here are the 6 pack at ADS (Auto Detailing Solutions -- Meguiar`s Car Wax, Auto Polish & Detailing Supplies Store. This is only a suggestion. you still have american buffing pads, lake country pads, cobra pads (autogeek), meguairs, optimum pads. Tons out there for you to make the right selection from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Buff & Shine 5.5" mixed six pack is $34.99

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly Optimum`s microfiber pads. Foam pads, I use Optimum`s orange cutting pads, Meguiars yellow polishing pads and 3M`s Ultrafina waffle finishing pad.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Falcon
    Hi

I kind of surprised there isn`t a sticky thread on this subject. What pads are you pros using one your polishers? Also, where do you source them from, and what`s the approximate cost?

“Foam Pads I” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...am-pads-i.html

“Foam Pads II “- http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...m-pads-ii.html

If you palce `Foam pads` in the search function you`ll get enough research material to keep you busy for days
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Falcon
    Hi

Good suggestion, but with how much the buffing pad technology has been changing for the last few years it would be extremely difficult to stay current.

What can and should be considered more important then the actual pad used is the way its primed and its complete workflow. We actually have a thread created by the world famous Kevin Brown in our Guide to Detailing section here :

http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ng-agents.html
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Good suggestion, but with how much the buffing pad technology has been changing for the last few years it would be extremely difficult to stay current.

What can and should be considered more important then the actual pad used is the way its primed and its complete workflow. We actually have a thread created by the world famous Kevin Brown in our Guide to Detailing section here :

http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ng-agents.html

I agree. I haven`t seen 1 detailer that uses the same set of pads/polishes. Everything ultimately depends on what you`re working on. Scott listed pads from 3 different companies as his go to.

The best you can do is sample them all and read through all the pro Click and Brags. You see a common theme eventually, and other times you see pads you`ve never heard of. Some people go as far as ordering certain pads from Europe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Noting that I`m not a Professional detailer, I`m all about the MF cutting disks for serious correction (currently using the Meguiar`s ones). Better cut than aggressive foam, better finish, much easier cleaning, and maybe even longer working life. And much easier to get good results with than the SurBuf pads, at least IME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if the Buff n Shine pads are in fact the same as the 3D HD pads? And if so, are they any different as they seem to be cheaper than the 3D pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Noting that I`m not a Professional detailer, I`m all about the MF cutting disks for serious correction (currently using the Meguiar`s ones). Better cut than aggressive foam, better finish, much easier cleaning, and maybe even longer working life. And much easier to get good results with than the SurBuf pads, at least IME.

I would consider you a pro detailer, I hope you didn`t see that other thread and get the thought that you aren`t a pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Does anyone know if the Buff n Shine pads are in fact the same as the 3D HD pads? And if so, are they any different as they seem to be cheaper than the 3D pads.

Nobody knows?

Post Thanks / Like

3D has and does outsource many of there buffing pads from B&S. Not all though.

Not sure where you`re prices are being pulled from, but 3D/HD 5.5 inch flat foam pads are regularly priced @ $7.99 which from my brief on-line search is right in line with all the other vendors. Some resellers actually have similar pads listed for much more.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    3D has and does outsource many of there buffing pads from B&S. Not all though.

Not sure where you`re prices are being pulled from, but 3D/HD 5.5 inch flat foam pads are regularly priced @ $7.99 which from my brief on-line search is right in line with all the other vendors. Some resellers actually have similar pads listed for much more.

I saw them on detailing.com actually, just wondered if they are in fact the same exact thing or did 3D have any changes for theirs. Basically for the additional cost it`s worth it to me to get the better pad if they are different at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the new HD 5.5 Inch pads are Buff and Shine Pads. As David mentioned 3D/HD outsources some pads from Buff and Shine and a few other companies. As far as other companies having them cheaper. Off the top of my head I looked at the exact pad from detailers domain and Phil who is often has better pricing then anyone Has them at the exact price?

http://http://www.detailersdomain.co...pad_p_265.html

The exact pad threw HD.

http://http://cart.hdcarcare.com/acc...tting-foam-pad

Now into retrospect Both companies actually carry the orange prepolymer pad at the same price. When in fact they should be a little more. The quality of these pads are pretty nice. Im a big fan of the orange, green, and black ones. Who ever you make your purchase. Enjoy them. That is if you are looking to purchase pads.

Barry Theal
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information