Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my PC 7424 last week and I`ve already started to experiment with it. It`s an amazing machine... lightweight, small, easy to handle and not as noisy as I originally thought it would be

I have a spot on the inside of my VW New Beetle (on the center console, between the front seats) that`s taken some of the plastic finish off. The plastic piece is grey and pebbled (slightly) and is covered with a rubberized finished. I bought one of the those California air fresheners (in the can) and one of the pieces must`ve fell out and sat on the plastic overnight as the finished is halfway taken off (in a 2" x 1" strip). Doesn`t look horrible but I wanted to try to smooth it down or something.

Is there a way I can get the PC to smooth out this marred finish in the plastic? If so, what would I even use on it (all I have is OC and some ScratchX for now).

It bothers me when I see it and I just want it less noticeable.

TIA,

Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Erm......I`d say no can do on this one bud. I wouldn`t even like to think off the end result with using a PC on the interior plastic.

Meguiar`s PlastX is the one thing that does come to mind though.

But maybe I`m wrong, and other`s know better ? It won`t be the first time I`ve been proved wrong :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it sounds like a totally bizarre question but I just wanted to know if anyone`s done this before. I had a scratch in the front of my Beetle`s dash (light one into the black plastic) and got it out with ScratchX and some old fashioned elbow grease.

I should`ve mentioned the plastic is grey and not very shiny (it`s got a slight rubberized matte finish on it).

Maybe I should just sand down the area in question then and see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you trying to blend the non-finished strip with the rest of the finished vinyl? Take a picture of it, then maybe we will be able to help you out more.
    Learning How To Detail the Eco-Friendly Way

Thread Information