Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92623

anyone use this?? is it okay for the price?? :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    It is worth every penny .... and not one penny more. As usual you get what you pay for.

I have used one and found it to be underpowered and no speed control to keep rotation constant under varying loads.

Some have used and claimed they were fine for their purposes. Personally, for auto detailing I would spend the money and get a quality machine.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty new still, but I haven`t had any trouble with mine. Speed control works great. I wastched a Mothers Car Show series on ESPN last week. In a how to spot in a Mothers garage, they had a guy in the background of a shot using the same one.

Post Thanks / Like
    im kinda thinking its worth having around at that price

is the speed control marked in rpms or just 1,2,3,4,5 like a pc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstwuk
    I pretty new still, but I haven`t had any trouble with mine. Speed control works great. I wastched a Mothers Car Show series on ESPN last week. In a how to spot in a Mothers garage, they had a guy in the background of a shot using the same one.

I somehow doubt that, it was probably a de-walt... same color. I have one, its fine for hobby detailing but you may need to follow with a pc anyway so don`t look at it as a money saving option.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did see a pic of there detail cart it looked worth the $$$ ..for tools i would stay with a better line..

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got one. I`ve only used it once. I would say it`s fine if you only want to use it for some occasional nasty items a PC can`t tackle and are a non-professional. Go with a better brand if you want to use it alot.

Post Thanks / Like
    its a piece of junk......bogs down under pressure, sporadic speed spikes, and over all sucks!!! IMO

i got a hitachi now and it feels better built, performs 100 times better, and is easier to control, no speed spikes.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I used several all summer long when I detailed boats with my buddy. I would never use one on a car because they are not a quality machine. Anytime you have the pad on the surface, it bogs down so as the speed would say 1500 rpm, I may only realistically be going 1000. Also this machine is just very cheap (hence the price) which is why my boss this summer while I detailed boats had to keep buying them. So bottom line is if your looking to do rotary work on a regular basis, this is not your machine. Save up and buy a Makita; You will not be disappointed.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I somehow doubt that, it was probably a de-walt... same color.
    You may need to have your eyes checked, the Dewalt is bright yellow, the Horrible Fright polisher is black & orange. I have both, the Dewalt for buffing out new paint & the HF for grinding old paint off using some fairly nasty looking 3M pads that are capable of sdtripping an entire car with 2 discs to bare metal in a morning.....

Post Thanks / Like
    steveo as everyone mention it bogs under pressure another thing i didnt like is it doesnt state the number(1-6) to speed(600-3000)no chart

but the Hf rotary you might consider is this http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...displayItem.do ( it wont show up so on the item search feature type in "56407" )this one is more powerful and wont bog down, but the downside is it been discountuned

if your interested i have one like new im selling pm if intrested, reason is i came up on a Hitachi, so i have no use for it.....

another high speed you can consider is Vector there a thread on it but i have never used it ....
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smprince1
    It is worth every penny .... and not one penny more. As usual you get what you pay for.

:funnypost That is the classiest line I have ever seen. WOW, LMAO
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Show Car Shiner
    Post Thanks / Like
    steveo

If you are going to get a chicago electric, get this one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90820

I know an awesome body shop that use CE and the employees like them.

They don`t cost much to replace if an employee breaks one.

In the right hands ANY decently working variable speed rotary can polish paint to a high gloss.

Derrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Why any service business will not invest in good equipment is equall to building a reputation for failure in one way or another.

Bob Geco

Show Car Shiner
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has to do with return on investment. A $250 machine will LAST longer than a $30 to $50 dollar machine BUT you could keep 5 or more employees working with cheap CE units and maybe have enough money to have one or two spare units. Compared to having only one really good name brand rotary and hoping it doesn`t break.

Derrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information