Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry,

Sorry this had to happen to your new car !

Do you have any of Meguiars Odor Eliminator ? Believe its on Sale here at PAC. If I had to clean up any odor, I would also try this, since it goes after the odor enzymes to kill them, rather than just trying to mask the smell.

I worry about this once a year when I go get at least 10 gallons of gas in case I have to use the Generator in the Winter, in my Jeep.

What I do to help prevent spilling the 2 containers, is to find a couple of boxes that are bigger than the containers and add stuff (bubblewrap) around the gas cans so the can wont move in the middle of the box.

This spreads the weight of the gas can over a bigger area and makes it harder to tip over - well, except when you go by the house on 2 wheels and all......... Dont bother denying - we have YouTube evidence !!!!!!

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Next time you need gas for the mower take your wifes car

Post Thanks / Like
    park your car in a garage, open all windows and trunk (disconnect a battery if you have trunk light) and let it air out...it might take a couple of days...

Post Thanks / Like
    I might just have to try the Meguiars Odor Eliminator. The vinegar and the Baking Soda didn`t get rid of the smell. It has now been present for over a week, so I think I will move on to the next solution.

Flash,
    I like your idea about the wife`s car. Unfortunately, I don`t need that kind of aggrivation (if you know what i meen).:Swordfight:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry,
    Sorry to hear you still have that gasoline smell in the car.

If you try my go-to smell elimanator by Meguiars, make sure you get everything out of the way of where the gas spilled, so the product can come in contact with the surface/s. Spray it on so it wets the surface but not soaks it, let it dry. For some odors, you may have to repeat the process.

I havent tried it out on gasoline smell yet, but it worked great a killing the smell of a dead rodent behind the console of a BMW 550 a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I cleaned the carpet really well, let it dry, and then applied the Megs Odor Elimanator..

Hope this works once and for all for you guys !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I might just have to try the Meguiars Odor Eliminator. The vinegar and the Baking Soda didn`t get rid of the smell. It has now been present for over a week, so I think I will move on to the next solution.

Flash,
    I like your idea about the wife`s car. Unfortunately, I don`t need that kind of aggrivation (if you know what i meen).:Swordfight:
    Bummer.

Should write to that web page and tell them it no work.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry, CQuartz`s SoPure should make quick work of that. Alternatively, you could try DG Odor Eliminator or place a few dryer sheets in the area. Change them out every 2 days. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information