Post Thanks / Like

Think I found the best combo for carpet

and upholstery!

First of all I do the interior with the hose and wet vac combo, I call it the Mr. T method. Usually I`ll very lighten the material with the spray nozzel, immediately spray lemon scented `simple green` vac, then give it a slightly deeper water spray and vac again. Has always worked great.

In our rv we had two small coffee stains and a couple popsicle stains on the rugs and the above really did not remove the soil so today I gave the area a very, very light mist of `De-Solv-it" by Orange Sol Products immediately bloted this up and followed with Fuller `Upholstery` cleaner, item LA724NC, letting this sit for about 30 secs and then removed.

Completely removed these stubborn stains with no discoloring of the carpeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a little local place here in Dallas that designs and sells their own blend of cleaners. The name is Cobb Carpet Supply. They have a powder that disolves in hot water. Mix it up, then spray the carpet. Aggitate and extract. Stains are a thing of the past. This stuff seriously kicks butt!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are lucky in the Dallas area to have Cobb and JonDon right up the street from each other. Cobb has their Dynachem and JonDon has Matrix, both private labels.

Nick which product were speaking of specifically? I was over at JonDon Wednesday and picked up a gallon of their GrandSlam TLC, and a quart of their pet odor remover. I heard good things regarding Cobb`s POG.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s the Dynachem Powdermax Powder. Sorry I had to wait until I got home to read the lable, couldn`t remember how to spell it

This stuff kicks some serious butt!

Where is JonDon? I`ve never even heard of it before.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    ...Where is JonDon? I`ve never even heard of it before. ...
    Literally right up the road (Miller) driving away from 635 into Garland. I buy the majority of my carpet supplies there. I spent most of Wednesday at a 3-part seminar on upholstery cleaning, stain removal, and odor removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    and upholstery!

First of all I do the interior with the hose and wet vac combo, I call it the Mr. T method. Usually I`ll very lighten the material with the spray nozzel, immediately spray lemon scented `simple green` vac, then give it a slightly deeper water spray and vac again. Has always worked great.

In our rv we had two small coffee stains and a couple popsicle stains on the rugs and the above really did not remove the soil so today I gave the area a very, very light mist of `De-Solv-it" by Orange Sol Products immediately bloted this up and followed with Fuller `Upholstery` cleaner, item LA724NC, letting this sit for about 30 secs and then removed.

nice process.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    and upholstery!

nice process.

nice process.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a winner! I`ve had good success with Woolite "Heavy Traffic" Carpet & Upholstery Foam.

I recently used it on a one-year-old dried, crusty, Dr. Pepper stain on light grey carpet... Sprayed on the foam, let sit for 5 minutes, scrubbed vigorously with a carpet brush, soak up with a white cotton towel... repeated 2 more times.

Completely removed the sticky mess!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    `Extractors` are for girly men.
    :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    `Extractors` are for girly men.
    :wink:
    Haha! Yeah, if your triceps aren`t throbbing when your`e done, it ain`t clean!!!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Sounds like a winner! I`ve had good success with Woolite "Heavy Traffic" Carpet & Upholstery Foam.

I recently used it on a one-year-old dried, crusty, Dr. Pepper stain on light grey carpet... Sprayed on the foam, let sit for 5 minutes, scrubbed vigorously with a carpet brush, soak up with a white cotton towel... repeated 2 more times.

Completely removed the sticky mess!
    Luster, I might be being overly cautious, but two steps (actually one omitted step) run a bit contrary to what I believe to be appropriate. The first is the "vigorous" scrubbing. I`m not sure what brush you are using, assuming a nylon bristled brush, but agitation should be light. The chemical is supposed to be doing the work (thus your dwell time), your job is to get the chemical to the area. Vigorous scrubbing tends to fray the strands.

The omitted step is rinsing. That is the most important step. Whether with water or with a rinse agent, you want to remove any soaps. Otherwise, you have created a condition for re-soiling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Luster, I might be being overly cautious, but two steps (actually one omitted step) run a bit contrary to what I believe to be appropriate. The first is the "vigorous" scrubbing. I`m not sure what brush you are using, assuming a nylon bristled brush, but agitation should be light. The chemical is supposed to be doing the work (thus your dwell time), your job is to get the chemical to the area. Vigorous scrubbing tends to fray the strands.

The omitted step is rinsing. That is the most important step. Whether with water or with a rinse agent, you want to remove any soaps. Otherwise, you have created a condition for re-soiling.
    1. Vigorous scrubbing: The car was an older model with very tough nylon loop carpet. (Not the "mouse fur" carpet in today`s modern cars.) So I thought hard scrubbing was appropriate. I agree that hard scrubbing on automotive carpet of this decade could be detrimental.

2. Rinsing: I usually do rinse, but the instructions on the product stated "no rinsing necessary". As a precaution, next time, I will probably rinse.

Thanks for your observations and comments.:wink::thumbup:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotcha. As I said I might be overly cautious. Forwarned/forearmed and all that stuff.

TOGWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post

+1 on rinsing and adding a protection type product; Scotchgard? Carpet & Fabric Protector - protects carpets against acid-based stains like coloured fruit drinks, soft drinks, gelatine, etc. It also revitalizes soil/stain protection on stain-resistant carpets. Protects against dirt, dust, mud and grime.

For us `girly` men that use extractors - Prochem Carpet Chemicals - Liquid Slurry dilution ratio - one ounce / five gallons of water or All Fiber Rinse leaves the carpet feeling soft, not stiff like most extraction chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like
    + Another for the AFR recommendation. It is the single best chemical I have added to my textile (carpet and upholstery) cleaning arsenal. Theory behind the product is that it neutralizes the soap, eliminating the fiber stiffness and tendency for resoiling. In real life practice, it seems that it allows for greater extraction (no, I don`t use a real extractor or spotter either).

I am curious about the dry slurry product (I don`t know of a liquid slurry). I would like to incorporate that product into my process, following the TLC and before the AFR.

Current process:
    Vac
    Apply TLC with a pump-up sprayer, agitate/dwell.

If the material is excessively dirty, I add a step using liquid carpet "detergent".
    Pour liquid carpet cleaner into bucket with hot water.
    Agitate to create suds/foam.
    Scoop out the suds and apply to the material and lightly agitate again (kind of a "dry clean" process)

Apply AFR with pump-up srayer, agitate.
    Final "extraction"

Can I mix the dry slurry in a pump-up and replace my current detergent? I`m curious as to whether this would provide an improvement over my current cleaner (which is carpet specific).

Thread Information