Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    if I had a girlfriend who got a tattoo, started smoking or decided to do some "body piercing", both of us would be newly free and available.[/QUOTE]

Well i`m not quite that extreme, but I still dont like them. I told her that if she did get one, I would still love her the same, and not think anyless of her, but just not like that little 2square inch part of her body.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My girlfriend got a small tatoo there before we even met. EXACT same spot as you metioned. She got two inter-twined hearts about the size of a bottle cap each. Its a sexy little thing, IMO. I have never had a problem with it. Also, you cannot see it unless you are dating . Even on a lower cut swimsuit, you can`t see it. Its pretty much for us two, nobody else.

I was with you...I did not care for tatoo`s personally much at all. I liked the designs people got and was truly moved by the art of it all, but could never see myself liking one personally...for me. I will have to say that my thoughts changed completely after watching a couple of the tatoo shows on TV now. "Inked" on The Discovery Channel and "Miami Ink" on TLC have really opened my eyes to the world of tattoos. I guess I have always seen "so-so" jobs done and have never been wild about getting a "so-so" piece of permanent artwork on myself.

After watching these shows, I have really seen the deep meaning some people have behind their "ink". It has really stimulated my interest and now I`m on the hunt for a design that will meet my standards. It may be years, but now I do intend to be "inked".

I would highly suggest checking out those shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not like she`s your wife. I think tattoos are sweet, especially ones that are really well done. It`s an amazing art form and the history of tattoos going back thousands of years is very interesting. My girlfriend had a tiny shamrock hidden on her boob because she is Irish. But, she isn`t my girlfriend anymore so that`s my point to you. Unless it TRULY bothers you and you have serious thoughts on spending the rest of your life with her, then I`d relax a little bit. It can`t be that bad.

"Inked" is an awesome show on TV. You see some really sick work and people feel very strongly about their reasons behind getting one.

I`d get one, but it`s against my religion. That`s not the reason, but I wouldn`t be allowed to be buried in the Jewish cemetery in the family plot. Reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm were Larry tries to bribe the grave digger to bury his mother inside the cemetary grounds with the rest of his family after he finds out she had a tattoo on her butt! :lol
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    SNL had a spot last week or the week before where they showed a young girl get a tat on her back that said "sexy girl". then, they showed the tat after she was older and them made it change into "sad lady".

it was a funny skit, but it underscores that point of what it will look like after several years. yes, you can remove them, but it`s not cheap.

plus, tats can be a bit painful and is that where you`d like to have pain.

don`t get me wrong, I think a little painted skin can be very attractive, but that`s seeing the coeds here at ASU. if I saw the same design on a lady my mom`s age, it`d probablly be a sad sight

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by percynjpn
    just my way of looking at it: if I had a girlfriend who got a tattoo, started smoking or decided to do some "body piercing", both of us would be newly free and available.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on this as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually had the same experience. We talked about it and she decided she really didn`t care that much about one since it bugged me so much and never had it done.

Relationships about give and take. If you`re in it for the long haul its not a big deal to expect her to give here. Remember that your turn will come one day though

Mine came in the form of 4 ferrets

Should have let her get the tattoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodnClean
    I actually had the same experience. We talked about it and she decided she really didn`t care that much about one since it bugged me so much and never had it done.

Relationships about give and take. If you`re in it for the long haul its not a big deal to expect her to give here. Remember that your turn will come one day though

Mine came in the form of 4 ferrets

Should have let her get the tattoo!

You live with ferrets? Those things are nasty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information