Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $15.00 minimum wage - thoughts?

When I get the wrong order 10% of the time a dunkin donuts.......

Will that get any better with a raise ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    When I get the wrong order 10% of the time a dunkin donuts.......

Will that get any better with a raise ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    prolly not Ron, but they`ll be more `respected`

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    prolly not Ron, but they`ll be more `respected`
    but the money I spend there (that keeps them employed) won`t be respected
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

but the money I spend there (that keeps them employed) won`t be respected
    you mean the INCREASED price you will pay for your morning fix?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the minimum wage should be raised. I just do not know how much.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

and how are small businesses supposed to successfully start-up with this minimum wage?

i feel this would just increase the illegal or un-documented workforce where available (farmers, ranchers, etc)

i worked minimum wage part time jobs throughout high school and some college, why? because i had toys i wanted to purchase, and had no problem working for them

I`d of loved to have gotten 15/hr back then! but its not sustainable for the economy....people just don`t realize the latent consequences of increased minimum wage

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

.people just don`t realize the latent consequences of increased minimum wage
    But they got it now

What they gonna do when it last 1 or 2 paychecks before they get laid off?

Or what happens when the place they buy their stuff from raises prices to keep the margin up?

Post Thanks / Like

and I say all of this while I work my third job (a part time gig I picked up for when I have no appts booked because I wanted to purchase some drag radials and wheels for my car) for 10/hr...realizing this company would not exist if they had to pay any of us anywhere close to 15/hr.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I think the minimum wage should be raised. I just do not know how much.
    I`m interested in knowing why you think it should be raised.

WHat`s wrong with showing someone what you`re worth to them and let that be the deciding factor instead of government.

Post Thanks / Like

and I say all of this while I work my third job (a part time gig I picked up for when I have no appts booked because I wanted to purchase some drag radials and wheels for my car) for 10/hr...realizing this company would not exist if they had to pay any of us anywhere close to 15/hr.
    UnAmerican to EARN something

Post Thanks / Like

UnAmerican to EARN something
    haha- I know, huh? Silly me.

I will be the first in line to tell anyone that you can never truly appreciate anything unless you had to work to get it. And how hard you had to work to keep it, constantly allows you the perspective to appreciate it.

I graduated college armed with my Masters degree expecting corporate America to bow down to me, lol. Oh so wrong. Four years later I`ve only held one `corporate` job (and that ended in march 2012), but I`ve made it by just fine on my own.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

So at the shop I had a mother of 5 kids working there. She out right is one of the best employees. We even nicked named her "Super clean Veronica". She was making 12$ hour base wages + performance bonuses. Well she always maxed her performance bonuses and averaged around 23 hourly last year. I had other employees with the same base wage that never made performance bonuses and cried every time they got a pay check because its not fair that others get bonuses and he doesn`t. Even though he had gotten performance bonuses basically the first 6 months he was there after that he got complacent and felt like I "owed` him this for gracing me with his presents everyday even though he wasn`t earning it. Eventually he ended up quitting and file a complaint that I was discriminating against him. This was a 20 year old white kid who lived with his mom who never even graduated high school. Its the mentality.... You want more money go out and get it... Work HARD! I paid in more money the median income in the country last year in taxes and Super Clean Veronica had nothing taken out and got 9k and I was happy for her because she deserves it! As for the lazy ones who are not willing to work for it.... screw em
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    So at the shop I had a mother of 5 kids working there. She out right is one of the best employees. We even nicked named her "Super clean Veronica". She was making 12$ hour base wages + performance bonuses. Well she always maxed her performance bonuses and averaged around 23 hourly last year. I had other employees with the same base wage that never made performance bonuses and cried every time they got a pay check because its not fair that others get bonuses and he doesn`t. Even though he had gotten performance bonuses basically the first 6 months he was there after that he got complacent and felt like I "owed` him this for gracing me with his presents everyday even though he wasn`t earning it. Eventually he ended up quitting and file a complaint that I was discriminating against him. This was a 20 year old white kid who lived with his mom who never even graduated high school. Its the mentality.... You want more money go out and get it... Work HARD! I paid in more money the median income in the country last year in taxes and Super Clean Veronica had nothing taken out and got 9k and I was happy for her because she deserves it! As for the lazy ones who are not willing to work for it.... screw em

Amen !

Post Thanks / Like

WHat`s wrong with showing someone what you`re worth to them and let that be the deciding factor instead of government.
    It is definitely a philosophy we cannot all agree on. Often when corporate execs get a raise it has come at the expense of American jobs as they chase those profit goals since you are only as good as you were last quarter.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Or what happens when the place they buy their stuff from raises prices to keep the margin up?

They have never heard of the word "Hyper-Inflation" before. At the rate we are going I just don`t know where it stops.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information