Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $15.00 minimum wage - thoughts?

Surprised no comments on this............

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    BLS: Unemployed More Likely to Go Shopping on Average Day Than Look for Job | CNS News

On the average day, an unemployed American is more likely to be shopping—for things other than groceries and gas---than to be looking for a new job, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Only 18.9 percent of Americans who were unemployed (in surveys conducted from 2009 through 2013) spent time in job search and interviewing activities on an average day, according to BLS. Yet 40.8 percent of the unemployed did some kind of shopping on the average day--either in a store, by telephone, or on the Internet. 22.5 percent of the unemployed, according to BLS, were shopping for items other than groceries, food and gas
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember waiting in line for hours with my dad for our families ration of gas for the car. The line stretched for miles because we only had one gas station in the center of town.
    I bet if gas needed to be rationed today you would not see too many higher end cars sitting in driveways or on the side of the road because they ran out of gas.
    This is not the country I grew up in and I`m worried to see the one that is left for my daughter.
    Our government is broken it`s putting aside the needs of the many for the needs of the few. They think some of us are too stupid to see when we are be placated by lower gas prices in the spring and the holiday season, healthcare for everyone, food stamps, war on drugs, "illegal" immigrants. There is a reason our government has not put a wall up yet. Seriously the Chinese did it really quite well without modern equipment.
    Don`t worry the min wage is never going to see $15 in my life time. The working class are the bricks and mortar that the wealthy build upon. The issue is what and for whom they are building.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post

Don`t worry the min wage is never going to see $15 in my life time. The working class are the bricks and mortar that the wealthy build upon. The issue is what and for whom they are building.
    You need to remember that minimum wages are set by the individual states, municipalities, as well as the federal government. Here`s what`s happening in Seattle:

"The Seattle city council voted to push up the city’s minimum wage to $15 an hour. If the wage hike is fully implemented, it will guarantee Seattle’s workers the nation’s highest minimum wage. The increase in the minimum wage will be phased in over a number of years. Big employers that do not provide their employees a health plan are the first that will face the $15 per hour minimum, a requirement that will be fully phased in around 2017. Large employers who offer health benefits will have to pay the $15 minimum starting in 2018. Small businesses with employees who receive tip income will have to pay the $15 per hour minimum a couple of years later, but the countable wage will include employees’ tips. By 2021 all employers in the city must offer a minimum wage of $15 an hour, regardless of the employer’s size."

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait until you see what big government has coming next: The Maximum Wage....

All workers will only be entitled to a maximum wage based on their usefulness and productivity to the state. Job classifications, political affiliations, and how much soda you drink will determine what maximum wage you are eligible for comrade. Excess wages paid over the maximum will be funneled into expanding state sponsored "monitoring" programs.

People who smoke will be given a chance to quit via a federally sponsored smoking cessation plan. One attempt will be granted, after that you will have your wages cut and be required to sign up for Obama`s Smokers` Insurance. Premiums are mandatory and will be deducted directly from your paycheck. If you smoke and your child is found to have asthma or allergies - you will be sent "away" for re-education.

Multiple failed attempts to quite smoking, drinking soda, & associating with the "wrong" types of people will result in a permanent relocation and mandatory branding of your arm with symbol that you are not "state friendly" - and a further deduction in wages. Food rations of relocated individuals will be limited to a bowl of rice daily for one month for cigarette found in your possession or 8oz soda infraction.

This is from the desk of the Leader.

This is an Order.

Post Thanks / Like

wow
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said this is not the country I grew up in. Maybe another revolution is in order. It is our right under the constitution.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said this is not the country I grew up in. Maybe another revolution is in order. It is our right under the constitution.
    IMHO - A bit drastic.

What results do you want? Again, IMHO it sounds a little as you are annoyed at the capitalistic society

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people think that is coming and that is why the government wants to take our guns and make ammunition so difficult to get. I don`t believe in conspiracies or that "the government" has some secret plan to do this....

But, the increase of government regulations and the loss of freedoms can not be denied. Income redistribution keeps the poor fat & placid, while the middle class are working harder and harder just to keep afloat and live nicely.

People aren`t really starving here - too bad... Starvation is a good motivator for the public to get off their butts and do something to force change.

If the revolution comes, my friend has like a zillion guns buried in his yard...He says he will protect & feed me as long as I detail the cars in the motor pool of the New Régime.

Viva La Revolución !

I can`t imagine this country in 100 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    But, the increase of government regulations and the loss of freedoms can not be denied. Income redistribution keeps the poor fat & placid, while the middle class are working harder and harder just to keep afloat and live nicely.

Well said

Post Thanks / Like

Guy who made this sign wants 15.00/hr

Post Thanks / Like

That took me a second to translate. Thanks to my job I have to know how to read stupid as a second language.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Income redistribution keeps the poor fat & placid, while the middle class are working harder and harder just to keep afloat and live nicely.
    The safety net has indeed become a hammock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    IMHO - A bit drastic.

What results do you want? Again, IMHO it sounds a little as you are annoyed at the capitalistic society
    Where has a capitalistic society have gotten us. We have a broken economy, The government is trillions of dollars in debt, The stock market is well over 17K yet none of it has trickled down to the middle and lower classes in forms of jobs and better education in public schools.
    We bailed out the car companies, we bailed out the banks now after Obama care and the healthcare industry gets all nice and fat and it starts getting fleeced we will bail them out. We should have just said no to the banks and let the economy crash. The banks made billions and billions of dollars in mistakes and they all got massive hand outs.
    Average hard working americans like myself and many others cannot get a little help for a rough patch.
    Yes I`m a little ticked at big corporations for taking handouts. I screw up at my job I get fired. We should have all just let them drown and started over from scratch. The american people let that slip by and the government did not even give us a say in the matter no voting in that disaster.
    They just stuck fear in our faces so we would just look the other way and have our pockets picked.
    My wife and I are going to our mortgage lender this week to see if we can work something out to get a lower payment. After saving their backsides I would expect a little help in return. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Yes starting over may be drastic but at this point it seems like a good thing to do. Government is not getting anything right except looking out for the best interests of big business while we get stuck paying for a trillion + dollars of debt and the people who are paying it are getting nothing in return.

Post Thanks / Like

We should have just said no to the banks
    The banks should have said no to the people with bad credit like they did for decades. Unfortunately the fear of lawsuits from Reno`s Justice Dept. and Andrew Cuomo`s HUD prevented them from doing so.

True, wealth isn`t trickling down much at the moment. Corporate America is sitting on billions right now and will continue to do so until they`re reassured this is indeed a capitalist society. The last two election cycles did nothing to convey that. It seems the electorate prefers trickle up poverty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfather View Post
    The banks should have said no to the people with bad credit like they did for decades. Unfortunately the fear of lawsuits from Reno`s Justice Dept. and Andrew Cuomo`s HUD prevented them from doing so.

True, wealth isn`t trickling down much at the moment. Corporate America is sitting on billions right now and will continue to do so until they`re reassured this is indeed a capitalist society. The last two election cycles did nothing to convey that. It seems the electorate prefers trickle up poverty.
    Not for anything, but that has happened with the rest of the world. Look at chinas upper class an lower...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information