I`ve been working on my son`s "new" 93 Prelude VTEC so it will be ready when he turns 16 (August). I went to Albuquerque, NM from Omaha and picked it up and drove it back. The NM sun had baked the aftermarket window tint so I`ve been removing it a widow at a time with razor blades, etc. Today`s challenge was the rear widow with the defroster and the rear speakers in the way. So here I am, all 275lbs, in the back seat of the Prelude, very carefulling scraping off the tint film to avoid breaking defroster wires. Started at 2:30 today and just finished at 9:30 tonight. I was working in the driveway and we got 5 inches of snow during the time I was in the back seat working. When I finally got out, I was afraid I would be mistaken for a hibernating bear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably got an impression of Prelude seatbelt in your butt that will last for awhile. :p Can I say that? I`d say that your son is lucky to have such a caring father. btw where was he during this ordeal?

Post Thanks / Like
    dlw, your son will be thrilled with the car. And someday, he`ll really appreciate having such a dedicated dad. I say "someday" because I have a soon to be 16 year old, too.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

My son was inside resting while I worked on his future ride. He`d had a hard day....played in two basketball games for his high school. He`s just become famous as the first freshman in his school`s 10 year history to be able to dunk the ball so he seems to be in great demand from coaches and cheerleaders alike. He`s 6`1" and 145lbs. At 5`11" and 275lbs, I`ll admit I`m a little jealous! I`m not that crazy about basketball, but the cheerleaders sure would have appealed to me when I was in high school!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 6`-6" and around 160. And I couldn`t dunk the ball. The depressing thing was that a kid on our team under 6` could.

As far as cheerleaders went, well, all you have to do is look at my high school yearbook photo to see why they weren`t falling all over me!

I have a buddy who had a b-ball star for a kid (during high-school). This kid was tall, skinny, and had chicks like crazy. Also straight A`s. He was going to get his college degree with a full b-ball scholarship (Kansas Jayhawk) and go into pre-med.

A few years went by and I saw him working at JC Penneys. He had dropped out of college, and had gained 100 lbs at least. Sometimes you never know...:nixweiss
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    DLW: You`re a great father

The world needs more like you.

Proud to say my father does things like that for me as well. Always understanding and helping anyway he can.

Also your Vette kicks butt!
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

im sure he will be pleased to see it - nice one!

Post Thanks / Like

Last lunar eclipse for 2010

Starts tomorrow night, with details here: http://www.spacedex.com/lunar-eclipse/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Thread Information