Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry everybody! I know there were a couple of threads on this subject. However, I`ve been trying to get to www.tacscar.com for quite a while and can`t get through. I`ve deleted history files, cache, and even run SMARTDRV at the DOS prompt and deleted the History directory and Temporary Internet directory. Still no luck!

Can anyone give me the DNS entry to Tim`s site? Maybe that will bypass whatever is causing the problem on my computer.

I need cotton wash mits BAD!!!

Thanks in advance
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it there with some DNS lookups.

Thanks High Noon
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping Spammers off TID

Here is my suggestion to keep the ass clowns like Kneeftwaf from spamming TID.

When a new member wants to post on TID, their first 3 posts should be approved by admin first before it can be posted. I know it is a PITA, but jerks like this make a joke of a place like this that we all love so much.

What do you guys think?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I know my opinion doesn`t really matter much, but I dont see a problem with that. Its better than logging on to see all that crap

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all can agree to that. This basically means someone would have to wait a day to get a final approval to be able to post.
    Marc Harris from autoLavish Detailing of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be ok with it but I understand if that doesn`t happen for just what Marc said, a new poster would have to wait up to a day to be able to post.

On a side note the most recent spammer isn`t very bright. He douched up our forum and I can`t even tell what he is trying to pimp out. All spammers suck but this guy sucks the most. Atleast some are creative with it like making a period the link. Lol Oh well

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll add that I was upset when I saw this problem this morning. I`m with Barry on this one. :-B
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    totally agreed Barry, I hate people who chose to waste there time spamming comunitys like ours
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    For some weird reason spammers don`t bother me :-? I usually get a chuckle out of what they post, and can`t help but wonder if what they do has any positive effect for them :money: :money: :money:

I also think Jack should make Barry Moderator 3

admin_old
    Unfortunately, your Admin is not always in front of the PC to catch these PITA spammers. Normally, I am, but today, I was out and about for a bit.
    I have had thoughts about the moderated first few posts, but that makes it difficult for someone to get on here and make their opinion known.
    Occasionally, one of these spammers gets through and carpet bombs the forum.
    Sorry, I couldn`t get him earlier, folks.

Honestly, these guys really think we give a darn about their crap about gambling, or erectile dysfunction pills. PUH-Leaze!
    :banghead:

Post Thanks / Like

Spammers

We understand the reasons not to change posting rules for new members. I guess its a small price we pay to keep this forum running smoothly. You guys do a great job and I want to thank you for your efforts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I admin a few forums (unrelated to detailing) and I know the headache it can cause. I wish I had a simple fix for you, but short of moderating posts there isnt much you can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Unfortunately, your Admin is not always in front of the PC to catch these PITA spammers. Normally, I am, but today, I was out and about for a bit.
    I have had thoughts about the moderated first few posts, but that makes it difficult for someone to get on here and make their opinion known.
    Occasionally, one of these spammers gets through and carpet bombs the forum.
    Sorry, I couldn`t get him earlier, folks.

Honestly, these guys really think we give a darn about their crap about gambling, or erectile dysfunction pills. PUH-Leaze!
    :banghead:
    Thanks for getting rid of all his crap.:clap: I know it is hard and TID is the best with a doubt!!!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    The other alternative would be to have moderators, not admin, who have privileges limited to removing posts and banning users. Guys who you trust and who are frequently on the forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information