Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I took a job at a production shop.

I have recently started working at a production shop. The decision to seek full time employment was based on multiple factors. Namely, my third child will be here within the month and he needs the continuity as much as I do. We fully intend to get the word out that world class paint correction is available at the shop, and I fully intend on bringing in some cars to get it off and running.

After two days at the shop I must say I expected to see some horrible antics and procedures. Couldn`t be further from the truth. Although there are things I will definitely help with in the future I am impressed with the thoroughness some of the employees (I think there are 5 or 6) exemplify. The interior workers will remove any panel that can be removed as well as the entire carpets to complete the job. When I joined I explained I wanted to be involved in every aspect of the business not just the actual detailing, which was just fine with the owner. I can see areas I am going to help out and touch up and fine tune but I am going to be a spice in this stewed concauction as opposed to the entire roast like I thought I would.

Just thought I`d share what I`ve recently been up to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new gig Brian. I am sure that you will have that shop running at the high standards that you have set in no time.:

Also good luck with your new arrival.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with having a full-time gig to get through someone`s situation. Hopefully you can work the steady job full-time and then get some personal details on the side. Either way, you`ll be honing your skills and making ends meet, which is the important thing.

Good luck, that shop is in better shape now that you`re there.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    No shame at all, your family should come first. I see a future partner in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`ve made a wise choice Brian. Nothing wrong with production detailing as long as everyone is on the same page. Sure would be nice to have a car prepped properlly and ready for correction

Are they offering Insurance?

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian,

<O:p</O:pCongratulations, I believe this is a good decision for you and your family. I hope your remain the "Spice" in your new "Stew". You can certainly lift the standards of any production shop regardless how good they may be. Stay in touch, I may need your services in one of our future detailing classes.

<O:p</O:pjk<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the nice thoughts and encouraging words everyone.

One thing I have noticed this early in my new position is you cannot affort the luxury of honing in on one vehicle, as there are several around you, and several that need your attention during the day. So it`s kind of like you have to close the door on your artistic sence and just focus on staying busy.

Jack, most definitely sir, you have my number.

Thread Information