Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you? 7 years old? LOL!!! Oh, I get it. You are using the Griot`s products as anti-aging creme!
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rained all weekend and it`s still raining. I did nothing, absolutely nothing. What a drag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been really tied up lately; so had been ignoring the Queens.

Washed both. 303`d the interior palstic. Good interior vacuum. Soveraned the XKR. Souveraned the horizontal surfaces of the XJR.

*Thinking* of taking the XKR to Brad`s Jag Concours in 2 weeks. If so, I am going to get real worn out this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, cheer up! At least the Bears won!

I had tickets to the Bears/Jags game that was cancelled last week. Also Cubs tickets for the Saturday before (cancelled also.) These games are going to be rescheduled (the Bears game will be game 16 now, and the Cubs game is Oct. 6) Have two tickets for each. Do you want to buy them? Or anybody you know? They are pretty good tickets. Otherwise, I am going to sell them back to the online-scalper I bought them from. I`ll make you a good deal.

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

Post Thanks / Like
    i also did nothing...sad to say since it`s supposed to storm for a couple days (today and tomorrow).

but i did spend the weekend fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    ROTFLOL Cowboy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am one of those people lucky Enough to work 6 or 7 days a week most of the time.I did however manage to clean the in side of the car and sprayed it down with 303 fabric protector.This stuff has a strong oder hoping it goes away soon,but have 12 year old and 7 month old trying to keep the stains down.Planning on Zaino friday and praying for good weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Friday night, my inlaws came over. My Father in law and I ripped up the carpeting in the dining room. The previous owners told me there was linoleum underneath. It was, and it was some UGLY linoleum, too.

I proceeded to rip have of my index finger off on a staple that was hidden in the linoleum, so, about 1/2 pint of blood later, the dining room floor was bare.. Covered for 27 years by the previous owner.. And to our surprise, it`s in excellent condition.

Saturday, had some landscapers come and install some abvorbitae (mini-evergreen trees) and pull that UGLY shelf out of my garage.

Saturday afternoon I went to a neighbors housewarming party. Then I came home, and *ahem* washed the car.I then used Paste Glazed the passenger side. (I alternate sides, and do the horizontal panels every other washing) I then went to a friends house (he just closed fri.) and helped him change the locks, and pick up a bunch of stuff from Walmart.

Sunday morning, went to church at 8:30. Came home and decided to put my neighbors nasty, icky, 30 year old crawling ivy out of its misery. A double treating with Ortho`s Total Vegetation Killer (at double the recommended concentration) should take care of that problem.

Then, since I was walking around the backyard, I figured "might as well give the car a 5 minute quickie" Whipped out the Meguiars and went to work. Cleaned the entire car. I love that stuff. Checked the oil, and put the car away.

I had rented a movie "Driven" before coming home. What a mistake. Not only were the crash scenes pathetic, but the movie absolutely sucked. Not a hint of realism in any of the two hours of playtime. Not worth the $4 to rent it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just QD`s my two vehicles, then sanded and applied boiled linseed oil to an outdoor storage chest and bbq grill (the wooden parts only!)

Then I went over to a friend`s house and moved my nice weight bench that I loaned them to another friend`s house. I have no room at my house as my wife has turned one of our spare bedrooms into a bedroom and the other one is my office. This thing is a monster. While they were disassembling the thing I showed my friend`s very-nice-looking wife (relax, she`s like a sister) some stuff about her new computer, and showed her how to burn CD`s.

Then I came home and made a batch of cuban black beens, carne asada, and KC strips for tacos el carbon. Fed my brother and sister-in-law. Yes, the cybercowboy can cook. As long as it`s mexican or grill related, that is. I also make the most awesome seafood gumbo and brazilian fish stew you have ever tasted. Really. I taught Emeril everything he knows. Bam! (That`s Emeril slapping me...)

BTW, just went by the chevy dealer - my vette is on it`s way and could be here in two or three days. Yeeessssss! The guy said "I have the invoice right here. You did say lime green with yellow leather interior, right?" Ha freakin` ha, he thinks he`s Jay Leno.

If you want to kill something vegetation like, I think you will find that Roundup is pretty much like that guy - what`s his name, oh yeah - the Grim Reaper.

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t have a good meal with black beans and Yuca since I last visited my ex GF`s grandmother in Tampa Fla back in `93..

Man, I was just talking with my boss the other day about where to find a good "Cuban" sandwich in NYC.. Thing is, you can`t.. It looks like I`ll have to go back to Tampa and hit Ybor City to get the real deal...

It`s a shame your in MO.. I can`t even try to justify that ride just for a meal..

Hey, if you`re ever inthe NYC area, look me up.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I ordered my Bimmer coupe, wife said I was `going thru a mid life crisis`....I told her, if I was truly going thru a mid life crisis, I would have ordered a Red corvette! LOL!

Cheers Cowboy, I`ll have to stop in for some KC strips next time I`m down there (Sister lives outside of KC, MO...Liberty)

Post Thanks / Like
    Z-7`ed the wife`s 4Runner and applied another coat of Z-5 followed by a drink of Z-6.

Washed the Bimmer and gave it another coat of Z-2 followed by a drink of Z-6.

"A clean car is a healthy car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Winter prep begins...

as Ron K. adviced, I bought som touch up paint and covered all those chips before the winter...

Washed on friday, sanded, appplied une thin coat of paint...Dinner and bowling

Another color coat on saturday morning and we are off to entretain the 2 year old (anything that involves being away from the house)

A coat of clear before dinner... had friends over, and my buddy helped with the final coat of clear and to smoke some Hoyo de Monterrey`s.

Last coat of clear on sunday morning... and it is ready for next week`s wash, 2 coats of AIO, 1 SG and clean interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    a) Maxima

- Washed car using cheap shampoo, EF HI

- Used PI II to get rid of sanding marks in paint from me touching

Maxima up. I used a Viking heavy Duty Foam Applicator bought

from AutoZone (Blue Island, IL)

- Used 3M SMR to get rid of swirl marks and slight hazing from

sanding. Used another HD Foam Applicator.

- Applied 1x Klasse AIO with Foam Applicator

- Applied 1x Klasse AIO on the windows (Works better than Rain-X)

- Applied Klasse SG with Foam Applicator

- Cleaned windows with Stoner`s and Newspaper

- Wiped down dash with damp terry applicator to get rid of the

dust. It still had Vinylex Shine.

b) Neighbor`s son w/ Century

- Washed car with Dawn & EF HI

- Clayed using my old Meguiar`s clay bar. (Had to get rid of it somehow) . He was floored as to how much crud was on this car.

- Used PI II to get rid of a scratch on the hood

- Used My old #26 for waxing

- Used my Stoner`s for cleaning the glass.

He really got a kick out of my HI and how well it cleaned the wheels and tires on this car. He remarked that the tires from the HI were cleaner than with Bleche White. The kicker is that I did not use a whitewall brush but a bug and tar sponge to do both the wheels and the tires . I demoed Klasse AIO on the Century`s hood before he waxed and he was impressed with that.

c) Neighbor`s Taurus SHO

- PI II to get rid of the sanding marks

- He washed it with Dawn

Oh yeah. I can`t forget the Budweiser. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Cybercowboy,

Here I was limiting myself to listing detailing stuff I did this weekend . . . I made a big ol` pot of chili Saturday night, too. I never make chili quite the same way twice, but here was this weekend`s version:

7 poblano peppers, roasted/seeded/chopped
    2 red bell peppers, roasted/seeded/chopped
    3 cayenne peppers, chopped
    3 oz dried ancho chiles
    14 oz. pork chorizo
    1 lb. ground pork (75% lean, gotta have that fat )
    2 lb. chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
    2 cans beef broth (low sodium)
    1 can Campbells beef consomme
    2 28 oz cans whole tomatoes
    1 onion, chopped
    6 cloves garlic, chopped
    cumin
    cinnamon
    beer

Stem and seed the dried chiles, then reconstitute in about a cup of water (bring water to a boil, add chiles and allow to stand for 30 minutes or so, until chiles are softened). Once softened, either blend the cooled liquid and peppers in a blender, or use a stick blender to puree. You should end up with a reddish-brown thick mixture that smells vaguely of raisins (weird, but the sweetness of poblanos comes out when dried, and they have an odor reminiscent of raisins). Add to your stewpot (or large CrockPot).

Drink a beer.

Roast the poblanos and bells either under the oven`s broiler, or on an open gas flame. When the skin has blackened, place the peppers in a plastic container and seal the lid (the steam aids in loosening the pepper skins from the flesh of the pepper). When cool, stem, seed, and chop the peppers. Try to save any juices that come out of the peppers to add to the stew. The juices and chopped peppers can go in the stewpot. Add the cayenne peppers now, as well. The cayennes are really just in there for a touch of heat, and I was keeping this batch toned down so I could share it with family and friends. If you like your chili HOT, add more cayennes, a few jalapenos, a serrano or three . . . and if you <strong class=`bbc`>really[/b] like it hot, reach for an habanero.

Drink a beer.

Brown chorizo and ground pork in a skillet over medium heat, remove and save fat. Add ground meats to the pot.

Cerveza!

Using about a tablespoon or two of the pork fat, sweat the onions over medium heat. Add a bit of salt and black pepper, but go light on the salt (the beef broth and tomatoes to be added later are already pretty high in sodium). When the onions are just starting to turn translucent, toss in the chopped garlic. Cook a bit longer (just to mellow and sweeten the garlic a bit). Add onions and garlic to the stewpot; if there are any brown bits on the skillet deglaze with a bit of beer and add the liquid to the stewpot as well.

Finish drinking the rest of the bottle of beer that you used to deglaze with.

Wipe the skillet clean, and heat a bit more of the pork fat on high heat. When the skillet is quite hot (pork fat should be just at the smoke point), sear the beef cubes. Do the beef in a couple of batches, or the skillet will lose too much heat. Try to get a little bit of brown crust on the meat; the object here is to sear the outside without cooking the inside too much, and to provide some of those wonderful brown bits of crust on the bottom of the skillet. Add the beef to the stewpot, then deglaze the skillet with beer and add the liquid to the stewpot, too.

Boy, this is thirsty work. A beer sure would be good right about now . . .

Now add the two cans of beef broth, the consomme, and both cans of tomatoes. No need to cut up the tomatoes; they`ll be falling apart when the chili is finished. Add "some" ground cumin (sorry, didn`t measure any of the spices); I probably used a couple of tablespoons or more. And, finally, add a dash of cinnamon . . . not too much, or it will dominate. If you get just a hint of it in there, though, it plays off the "raisin-y" qualities of the dried anchos.

Start simmering, cook until done . . . I believe that good chili must be cooked a <strong class=`bbc`>long[/b] time; I got mine in the crock pot around 8:00 Sat. evening, and took the first bowl from the batch around 3:00 the next afternoon. I`d give it at least 8-10 hours to simmer, as the beef chuck will be tough unless cooked slowly and for a long time.

Serve with beer

Don`t be surprised if there`s a good bit of fat on top of the soup when done . . . not all of that fat will cook out of the ground pork and chorizo in the skillet, and any fat left on the beef will contribute to the oil slick. You can use a gravy separator, or just skim the fat and broth from the top and cool in the fridge. The fat will solidify, and you can add the broth back to the rest of the soup.

Cars and cooking are two of my passions, followed closely by driving and eating. Hmmmm, there`s a pattern there . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information