Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New tattoo ***UPATED***

I`ve gotten a few more since the last one that I posted, but I thought this one was DC worthy. This one takes up the majority of my left side and took 3 sittings with 11.5 hours total work. It`s a pretty traditional Japaneese piece and is a Koi fish in the transition of becoming a dragon. Any comments or questions are welcomed.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New tattoo

Looks like they had to shave your "sweater vest" before they got started! LOL! That`s some nice work. Lots of details. I`m sure the pain could be felt as they got around the side and under arm area.
    Danny J. Whitehead

Post Thanks / Like

What`s the significance or meaning behind the koi becoming a dragon?
    `05 MDX / `04 6s 5-door

Post Thanks / Like

Nice art work. I am still going for laser treatments to have a single blue tattoo removed. I am on the 12th treatment and it is faded about 75%. $145 every time I come in (once every 3 months). Hope you plan on keeping it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE 1 View Post
    Looks like they had to shave your "sweater vest" before they got started! LOL! That`s some nice work. Lots of details. I`m sure the pain could be felt as they got around the side and under arm area.
    I don`t have much hair on my sides at all, so there wasn`t too much to shave. The ribcage is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo, so yes, I could feel quite a bit of pain the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by superswamper View Post
    What`s the significance or meaning behind the koi becoming a dragon?
    It signifies both spiritual and physical growth. Only the best and most deserving Koi`s were rewarded by becoming dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by jlift View Post
    Nice art work. I am still going for laser treatments to have a single blue tattoo removed. I am on the 12th treatment and it is faded about 75%. $145 every time I come in (once every 3 months). Hope you plan on keeping it on.

This is my 7th tattoo so I`m not new to ink at all. I really put a lot of thought into whether or not I want a certain design before I do it. Out of the 7, this is my favorite one. I`ll be keeping it with pride.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New tattoo ***UPATED***

Well, I got #8 this last Friday. It`s been in the works for quite some time now, but I wanted every aspect of it to be perfect. It`s a "mom" tattoo and has a bit of both old and new school designs. The banner is more traditional and more along the lines of old school designs. The rose is a bit more flashy and takes its cues from new school designs. The tattoo is on the inside of my right arm. I am really excited with how it came out and couldn`t be happier. My mom isn`t really fond of tattoo`s, but she really likes this one. She knew that I was getting one but had no idea when or what the design was. She was pretty shocked when she saw the pictures. Let me know what you guys think, both good and bad.

Here is how it looks if I just hold my arm out

And here is the same image flipped just to get a better view

Post Thanks / Like

cool tats man

like the dragon but a little to big for my taste lol

Post Thanks / Like

nice koi/dragon. i limit myself to japanese work. who did it? get it in Arkansas?
    just got back from 2 sittlings in Austin at about 11.5 hours total and going back in January for the final 6 or so hours.
    rib area? you are tougher than me. the edge of my underarm just about did me in!
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I get all my work done at 7th Street Tattoo`s and have had 7 tats done by Caleb. They are, by far, the best shop in Arkansas. I have the left ribcage filled by the water dragon, a pretty big lion silhouette on my right ribcage, my dogs paw on the inside of my left arm, the "mom" tattoo on the inside of my right arm, a falcon silhouette on the left side of my chest, a nautical star on each of my shoulder blades, and a tribal(which I`m trying to find something to cover it up with) on my right upper arm/shoulder. I have well over 25 hours in the chair and I don`t even want to think how much money invested in them. It`s really addicting, but when they`re in good taste and done well, I think they look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy View Post
    I get all my work done at 7th Street Tattoo`s and have had 7 tats done by Caleb. They are, by far, the best shop in Arkansas. I have the left ribcage filled by the water dragon, a pretty big lion silhouette on my right ribcage, my dogs paw on the inside of my left arm, the "mom" tattoo on the inside of my right arm, a falcon silhouette on the left side of my chest, a nautical star on each of my shoulder blades, and a tribal(which I`m trying to find something to cover it up with) on my right upper arm/shoulder. I have well over 25 hours in the chair and I don`t even want to think how much money invested in them. It`s really addicting, but when they`re in good taste and done well, I think they look great.
    My wife has one tattoo from jud that turned out nice. 7th street is pretty close to my office.
    If you like japanese work check out perfection tattoo in Austin. His work on the website is old. Chris is an amazing artist. Took me a long time to find him.
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pt91 View Post
    My wife has one tattoo from jud that turned out nice. 7th street is pretty close to my office.
    If you like japanese work check out perfection tattoo in Austin. His work on the website is old. Chris is an amazing artist. Took me a long time to find him.
    I`m not looking to stay with one style, but thanks for the reference. I did forget to say that I went in for the touch up session on the water dragon and a few minor things were added. Caleb has only been a tattoo artist for about 4 years, but IMO, his eye for style and detail are amazing. He has great line work and his shading is top notch.

Post Thanks / Like

whenever i see a tattoo of a dragon, i think of the starsky and hutch movie .......... both tat`s look really clean and neat, nice work

Thread Information