Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leading The Way!

Documents confirm Eric Holder’s role in Fast and Furious cover-up | Power Line

DOCUMENTS CONFIRM ERIC HOLDER’S ROLE IN FAST AND FURIOUS COVER-UP

“Fast and Furious” is back in the news. The reason? In January, Judge Amy Berman, an Obama appointee, ordered the Department of Justice to produce documents relating to the “gun walking” scandal that Congress had been seeking for four years. DOJ finally produced them, some 20,000 pages worth, this month.
    For anyone who, thanks to the Obama administration’s years of stonewalling, has forgotten about Fast and Furious, here’s the short version. In 2010, a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Agent was killed while on patrol near the Mexican border. The only two firearms found at the scene were semi-automatic rifles the Obama-Holder Justice Department allowed to “walk” as part of Fast and Furious, a firearms trafficking operation. That operation allowed approximately 2,000 firearms to flow illegally into the hands of Mexican cartel associates.
    When the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform tried to investigate the scandal, Team Obama stonewalled. First, it denied that law enforcement officers allowed straw purchasers to buy firearms illegally in the United States with the intent to traffic them without apprehension. Almost a year later, it finally admitted that this is precisely what had happened.
    Second, when the Committee subpoenaed relevant documents, Eric Holder’s DOJ refused to produce them, citing “executive privilege.” The House voted to hold Holder in contempt and filed suit to obtain the documents. Three and half years later, Judge Jackson ordered production of the 20,000 pages mentioned above.
    Having reviewed these documents, Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, has released a memo summarizing what they show. Chaffetz states:
    More than previously understood, the documents show the lengths to which senior Department officials went to keep information from Congress. Further, the documents reveal how senior Justice Department officials—including Attorney General Eric Holder—intensely followed and managed an effort to carefully limit and obstruct the information produced to Congress.
    (Emphasis added)
    Holder and his subordinates:
    1. Presumed that allegations about gunwalking in Arizona were false and refused to adjust when documents and evidence showed otherwise.
    2. Politicized decisions about how and whether to comply with the congressional investigation.
    3. Devised strategies to redact or otherwise withhold relevant information from Congress and the public.
    4. Isolated the fallout from the Fast and Furious scandal to ATF leadership and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona.
    5. Created a culture of animosity towards congressional oversight.
    Chaffetz’s memo goes on to substantiate each of these accusations, citing specific emails.
    In cases like this, people often say that “the cover-up is worse than the crime.” I don’t think this applies to Fast and Furious because the Obama-Holder Justice Department’s original malfeasance resulted in death.
    More broadly, this case illustrates that, whatever the extent of their moral shortcomings, cover-ups probably succeed more often then they fail. Here, Eric Holder largely succeeded in thwarting the Fast and Furious investigation. Four years later, Barack Obama is completing his second term. Sleazy Eric Holder is back at his top tier law firm that reportedly has representedlarge banks he declined to prosecute for their alleged role in the financial crisis.
    And Fast and Furious is all but forgotten.

www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Both Trump and Sanders are the people`s choices and both are likely to be screwed by their prospective establishment parties. A third party will likely be the result after this year. We`ve seen the last of the two party system. The GOP is dead and the dems are on life support.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert Sidden

"Sanders said a speech Clinton gave to Goldman Sachs must have been delivered in "Shakespearean prose," given the $225,000 fee she received.

Sanders nailed this one when he said, "Shakesperean prose."
    "A Passion for Performance." "The Great Tragedienne, Hillary Clinton," thrilled her audience, on the great stage of fools at her last debate, as she out did herself in an act which seemed to surpass human ability. She played her crucial role in launching her Presidential bid and securing her legendary status of lying supremacy.

Renowned for her majestic beauty and impassioned performances, Hillary revolutionized the aesthetics of modern day politics while inventing a complex public persona to promote her fame. Her flair for self-presentation can not be matched by her competitors.

She brought her audience to tears when she promised free health care for all including illegal aliens, free college tuition for all including illegal aliens.

Hillary Clinton missed her calling. She is an excellent dramatic actress and a poor politician. Obviously she has had elocution as well as dramatic acting lessons. After all, dramatic acting is a prerequisite to become a trial lawyer. Her facial expressions and her body motions have been copied from some of the great dramatic actors of the past such as The Great Tragedienne Herself, Sarah Siddons, and Sarah Bernhardt and dare I say her speeches are reminiscent of "Adolph Hitler`s" speeches albeit she is no Adolph Hitler. It is so easy for me to fall for her warm charms her outgoing personality and good looks but I cannot let my emotions stand in the way of reason.

In the great debate on Feb. 4, 2016, on, MSNBC between Hillary and Sanders, she came across as having a disdainful attitude towards Sen. Sanders and the Republicans, whereas Sen Sanders came across as being genuine and caring albeit I have a difference of opinion when it comes to his programs. Hillary appeared to be masking her real self. She gives the impression that she has ulterior motives that are being hidden from the public.

It is reasonable to believe that we need a President who will be straight with the American people, one in whom we place our trust to lead our country. I do not think Hillary is that person.
    As for Hillary for President, I can only say, "Put A Beggar And Liar On Horseback And She Will Ride It To Death."
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[Noting for the umpteenth time that Accumulator is a life-long member of the GOP who considers Hillary to be even worse than O...]

[Rant]Eh, Sidden sounds like another right-wing twit whose idiocy helps the opposition. Poking fun at her appearance is patently juvenile and if he finds her speeches reminiscent of AH`s then I suspect he`s never actually listened to, let alone seen, the latter.

Honestly, I find 99.999% of "conservative" pundits to be utterly revolting and he`s a perfect example. Yeah I`m gonna say it again- I *do* believe that their preaching to the choir accomplishes *NOTHING* productive and plenty that`s counter-productive. IMO undecided/middle-of-the-road people will get so [ticked] off by such talk that instead of staying home they`ll come out to support Hillary.

Nothing in that could possibly sway the opinion of anybody with an ounce of sense and since the Believers already believe, isn`t swaying the opposition the only conceivable *functional* purpose to such communications? OH...wait, maybe he has another purpose after all! Does he get *paid* for such opining? I suspect that preaching to the choir is a lucrative endeavor, especially in conservative circles. Quit feeding the monsters, maybe they`ll SHUT UP and go do something productive.[/Rant]

Hey Ron- do you post those just to get me going?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I post a lot of stuff to get people to think. (sometimes a useless cause)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ron- Well, good on you! I`m all in favor of thinking. Well...rational, deep, productive thinking at least

I`m *opposed* to expending resources on stuff that one can`t/won`t influence, so I try to avoid such political opining as much as possible; never read `em in the paper, never listen to `em on TV or online. Even try to avoid political conversations IRL as best I can. But !oh man! it does bug me that my GOP has turned into [what it currently appears to be] and that [certain individuals] are making $ by exacerbating that.

Eh, if I`m gonna waste *my* resources on this [stuff], I`d rather be ranting about whether, say.. Handgun Control`s people work for free due to their deeply held (if flawed) beliefs or....are *they* paid too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ron- Well, good on you! I`m all in favor of thinking. Well...rational, deep, productive thinking at least

I`m *opposed* to expending resources on stuff that one can`t/won`t influence, so I try to avoid such political opining as much as possible; never read `em in the paper, never listen to `em on TV or online. Even try to avoid political conversations IRL as best I can. But !oh man! it does bug me that my GOP has turned into [what it currently appears to be] and that [certain individuals] are making $ by exacerbating that.

Eh, if I`m gonna waste *my* resources on this [stuff], I`d rather be ranting about whether, say.. Handgun Control`s people work for free due to their deeply held (if flawed) beliefs or....are *they* paid too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuYu4jr6mrg

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I actually turned on the PC`s speakers and listened to that (the 0:05 length sold it) and...thoroughly enjoyed it
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Most transparent administration ever

Yep. CSPAN, everything on cspan for at least 2 weeks before....... think o care.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information