Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

G9 Cord Question

The detachable cord at first glance was really appealing to me. I figured this would help make it easier to store. However, after polishing a car and having it vibrate loose 25 times I`m wishing that I had my old unit back.

Is there a secret to making this cord stay in place??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 Cord Question

I`d make Griot`s aware of your issue so it can be addressed in version 2.0
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Making this thread in their sub forum I`m hoping a representative will see and respond

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Info I got when inquiring.

[LEFT]Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot`s and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care![/LEFT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Info I got when inquiring..."there aren’t any changes needed at the moment."..
    I guess that`s what they *would* say with the v1.0 being so new-to-market. Maybe the one bad penny got is just an aberration and they`ll take care of it (shipping and all). That`s the kind of CS I`d expect from Griot`s, or rather..the kind of CS I used to expect before my little experience with them. (If they do take care of him 100% I`ll be the first to say that they`re showing improvement in this area.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I guess that`s what they *would* say with the v1.0 being so new-to-market. Maybe the one bad penny got is just an aberration and they`ll take care of it (shipping and all). That`s the kind of CS I`d expect from Griot`s, or rather..the kind of CS I used to expect before my little experience with them. (If they do take care of him 100% I`ll be the first to say that they`re showing improvement in this area.)
    I`ve always had good luck with their customer service. Hopefully I will continue to feel that way.

Post Thanks / Like

[LEFT]Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot`s and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care![/LEFT]
    So, are they saying the 6 different people I`ve seen where their cord didn`t work right, or at all are misinforming us? Or are they referring to the I think SEMA video where a Griot`s rep said they were making a few slight changes to the G9 to lower the vibration and I think motor whine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    So, are they saying the 6 different people I`ve seen where their cord didn`t work right, or at all are misinforming us? Or are they referring to the I think SEMA video where a Griot`s rep said they were making a few slight changes to the G9 to lower the vibration and I think motor whine?
    I have the short and long cord. Neither will stay connected. The B Team was working Quality Control when my machine came down the line.

Having said that this machine may have the best balance out of any polisher that I`ve ever used.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[LEFT]Ken,

If you don`t mind could you ask how do I get my money back from the original purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    If you don`t mind could you ask how do I get my money back from the original purchase?
    Contact them directly.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...-+guarantee.do

From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Contact them directly.

From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    or

I will be calling them tomorrow. Hopefully I won`t have to pay $30 in shipping again

Post Thanks / Like

Contact them directly.

From their site:
    From Griots
    Hello Ken,Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot`s Garage. We are shipping the G9 and G8. If there are any issuewith any of our items – just give us a call and we will try to troubleshoot over the phone. As always we have 180 day money back guarantee and life time warranty against manufacture defect.

Post Thanks / Like

Contact them directly.

From their site:

I was told today that Thisisn`t true. All they offer is a store credit (insert pile of crap emoji)

Post Thanks / Like

The cord has a locking notch on it, in the product video Nick swings one around his head using the cord like a lasso. Sounds like you got a defective one, but that`s still not good. The whole point of the cord design is it locks and won`t randomly come out. The more stories I read about the G9, the more I think I want an Adam`s SK Pro 15. But it`s new new and there`s no feedback on it yet so it might have poor quality control too.

Did yours ever click into place? With the pics that seems like what it should do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    The cord has a locking notch on it, in the product video Nick swings one around his head using the cord like a lasso. Sounds like you got a defective one, but that`s still not good. The whole point of the cord design is it locks and won`t randomly come out. The more stories I read about the G9, the more I think I want an Adam`s SK Pro 15. But it`s new new and there`s no feedback on it yet so it might have poor quality control too.

Did yours ever click into place? With the pics that seems like what it should do.
    I saw that video. It was very impressive. unfortunately the teat that holds the cord into place on my unit doesn`t stick out far enough to catch.

Considering I just spent $30 shipping my broken unit back if I have to send this one back I will be taking them up on their offer of refunding the original purchase price.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information