Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
The way I see it their guarantee says I have a 30 day window to return for cash refund (despite the original purchase being 10 years ago). I`m going that route.
Not sure I read their policy the same way you do. They say they provide a lifetime guarantee against defect, under which they`ll repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if they`re able to do neither. You originally purchased a 6" polisher, which they would offer to replace (unfortunately, again) since they have a product matching that description to replace it with. If you`re that against having a G9, you could ask if they have old stock/refurbished GG6`s to replace your 1st gen model (from your description).

While you`ve had the G9 for less than 30 days, your original purchase price sounds like it was years ago. Reminds me of the car battery warranty situation.
If you buy a car battery with a 6 year warranty with 2 years free replacement, and the battery fails at 1 year 11 months, you get a replacement battery at no cost to you. But, your warranty continues from the day you bought the first one - not when you got the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Sorry if I`m veering slightly off topic with this post, but it is a question in regards to Griot`s Lifetime Warrantee, and I`d assume no one, not even Griots would have an answer for at this point in time:

If, and has been previously stated, that Griots is discontinuing the manufacture-sale of the Boss-15/Boss-21 Polishers, and an owner has a failure, contacts Griots, Griots asks for the machine to be returned, but the Polisher is unrepairable, and there`s no replacement Units available for an exchange, then what happens?

I`d assume an owner who`s shelled out big dollars for either Boss Machine wouldn`t be too happy just getting a G9 or G8 in exchange, as an "equal" replacement, replacing these two more expensive long throw Polishers.

Unless Griots has no plans of discontinuation yet until new versions are available? Food for thought.
Mark - Based on what I`ve heard them say about this being an anniversary year for the company and they`ve got big plans (plus they`re pretty deeply discounting their long throws), I`d assume they`ve got updated replacements in the works for the G15 and G21. Probably fancier motors, digital speed controllers, quick-disconnect cords, etc to match the G8 and G9.

Just my thoughts.

BadPenny - Sorry again this has been a rough go for you.