Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tearing Up Your Hands When Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Ya know those cracks you get around your fingers and thumbs that split open? My neighbor who is a handyman says vitamin E on at night and then wear gloves to bed heals them.

That doesnt appeal to me though.Does anyone have any other things that help heal the cracks?

Winter is coming and thats when I get them.
    The best thing is probably just ensuring proper skin care and getting appropriate nutrients and vitamins. My hands rarely crack open but chapped lips and such are pretty common for me so I just force myself to use chapstick and the like.

As for me, gloves are on in almost all cases although I usually don`t cut myself. Now for some reason while I`m working nights like now and on my days off I seem to drop everything, and we all know dropping something at 3 in the morning somehow sounds inexplicably louder than during the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know those cracks you get around your fingers and thumbs that split open? My neighbor who is a handyman says vitamin E on at night and then wear gloves to bed heals them.

That doesnt appeal to me though.Does anyone have any other things that help heal the cracks?

If you are seriously interested in healing the cracked, rough, dry skin around your hands and feet without wanting the oily feeling.

Then try Eucerin Intensive Repair!!!

This lotion heals skin faster then any others I have tried hands down.

It`s a little pricey compared to other lotions but it is worth every penny.

Living out here in the High Desert, we learned long ago what works and what doesn`t.
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Spline Drive Lugs & Wheel Lock Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say this...

I`m a skin guru, I ran three cycles of accutane when I was younger. The result was great in the fact that I now have very clear skin an almost no maintenance. The bad, I have paper thin skin (One of the side effects) and am VERY prone to cuts and scars. My healing time is lengthened a lot if at all sometimes unless I use medicine.

The best things for skin cuts are Vitamin E, desitin an Neosporin as well as peroxide. Having them covered decreases heal time by alot when you sleep because, regardless if you know it or not you move. That agitation will hinder the healing process greatly. I`m a guy an I`ll go to bed with stuff on all the time... bed time is your time. Who cares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TumbleWeed View Post
    If you are seriously interested in healing the cracked, rough, dry skin around your hands and feet without wanting the oily feeling.

Then try Eucerin Intensive Repair!!!

This lotion heals skin faster then any others I have tried hands down.

It`s a little pricey compared to other lotions but it is worth every penny.

Living out here in the High Desert, we learned long ago what works and what doesn`t.
    Thanks Tumbleweed.Havent tried that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Sorry to say this...

I`m a skin guru, I ran three cycles of accutane when I was younger. The result was great in the fact that I now have very clear skin an almost no maintenance. The bad, I have paper thin skin (One of the side effects) and am VERY prone to cuts and scars. My healing time is lengthened a lot if at all sometimes unless I use medicine.

The best things for skin cuts are Vitamin E, desitin an Neosporin as well as peroxide. Having them covered decreases heal time by alot when you sleep because, regardless if you know it or not you move. That agitation will hinder the healing process greatly. I`m a guy an I`ll go to bed with stuff on all the time... bed time is your time. Who cares
    Thanks Driver.I may have to try it then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information