Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best smells in the world!! But after a few month`s it is gone Is there any way to rejuvenate that wonderful smell? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zainobros.com for "Leather in a Bottle" I have it and it is very pleasing to the nose!

That is if you have a leather interior...

Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont eat or smoke, regularly vacuum, and you wont need any "fake" new smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    The odor or smell or fragrance you are referring to is actually the result of the "off-gassing" of the various materials used to create the vehicle, not only those from the interior components of vinyl, leather, carpet, fabrics, but the "sealers" the glues, the adhesives, even the paint.

As they have emitted the bulk of these gases,add the addition of body odors, the presense of food,cigarette smoke(nicotine)etc, the bacteria that are all around us(thousands of species) and place them in the vehicle, start to feed on the various proteins or food sources, multiply and overcome the emitted gases odor.

The addition of "fragrances" is not unlike an unclean person using "fragrances" to mask a real odor and it`s source.

This is again, a very complex issue, but this is the start point of what creates the change in the odor or "new car" smell.

Not, again, as simple as most would like to make it.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    But what he really wants to know is how he can rejuvinate it.

IE Name that cologne.

Post Thanks / Like
    But these products are not "rejuvenating", they are short term cover ups, which unfortunately, the oils used to create them slowly change and become another food source for one or more of the bacteria present.

In our lab, I have the concentrated fragrance oils of the leather scent, another of "new car", etc, which I can add to any PDMS resin, or most any other formula, to provide that scent.

How strong does a particular market segment desire and how weak does another?

Don`t attempt to be a manufacturer such as us and do a "one fits all" scent for all the world markets. India, for example, a large portion of the older car buying public refuse to buy a vehicle with a leather interior and find the odor of a leather interior replusive. The younger market is not so "culturally" infulenced.

But, to us at AI, that is not a concern, what we have is a product that without the use of toxic chemicals and unlike fragrances, is non-allergenic, alters these "food" sources and in as little as 10 to 30 minutes and the bacteria die. This allows the natural emissions of the materials to return the odor of the interior to it`s natural state.

No, it is not available at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, K-Mart, etc.

We provide it in drums to the vehicle manufacturers to eliminate organic odors in their plants, and are preparing a private label version of it for one of the big 3 that will part of their consumer line. One of the Big 3 already markets it to their dealers for used car reconditioning in the North American market.

High tech stuff, not a cover up, not a fragrance, not an enzyme, not a disinfectant, and been around for over 10 years.

Interesting, wouldn`t you say?

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing personal but if someone asked you to turn on a light. Rather than explain how coal is dug, hauled, treated and burned to create electricity. Why not just flip the switch and be done with it?

:p

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    A coworker rode in my passat recently (19 mo. old), she commented on the smell of the car. I guess she was referring to the leather. I used lexol conditioner in the spring and am eventullly going to get the cleaner and vynlex for tires. I guess it seems to work. Maybe my favorite dash stuff brings out the smell I don`t really like, some of the "new car" smells. Maybe cause it doesn`t smell leathery enough and or it is a "cologne". But just like cologne, if you smell one you like, then that`s the one you use. But I do keep my interior immaculate so it helps keep out bad odors (oh yeah, I don`t smell either )

polyester actually emits some toxins into the air with age

Ron as a former teacher, one usually answers the exact question before expanding on it. It is simple practice to repeat the question in the form of the answer and a conjunction followed by an answer. (CHEVYZ71 brought it up, just thought it would be helpful to say to everybody )
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Jason@Deep-Gloss.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to eat, smoke, etc. in my car & I keep optimal care of it. But the natural odors have faded with due time. I have been using Lexol and it helps for a while. O, by the way, how do you think Zaino’s Leather In A Bottle compares to Lexol’s leather conditioner? When do you think this product you are talking about will be available? Any suggestion’s on what to do in the meantime? Thanks again for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino`s "Leather in a Bottle" is very good. I have not used any other and if my wife`s nose likes the smell then it`s good for me.

I would be safe to say that there are several products on the market that not only help the leather, but add a nice leather smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ozium makes a really great New Car smell that lasts for quite some time. I use it and it really freshens up the car. One thing that I have learned is not to combine too many scents in a car. I had to use Fabreeze to get a smell out of a car and then I tried to kill the Fabreeze smell with Ozium and WHEW!!!! that stunk. Just stick to one thing. Fabreeze doesn`t make a new car scent yet but when they do I am all over it. Ozium works great for me for now.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    does auto fabreeze smell the same as the regular stuff

if you haven`t seen it already fabreeze makes one for the automobile
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried it? It claims to have a low scent

"Febreze Clean Auto is specially designed for those of you who use Febreze on your car interiors. It`s a unique formula with low levels of scent that is perfect for use in your trunk or on infant seats, car seats and floor mats."

Post Thanks / Like
    I have thought of this and this is what I think:

As long as there are no stains or heavy smells in the car, all you have to do is keep everything clean and detail it. It seems to me as the smells of all the detailing products give a car the "factory" smell.

This may be false but it seems to work great for me, as long as you detail your car it`ll keep the new smell. Maybe not the exact smell you had from the showroom but when people get in after a year or two and see how clean it is, I am SURE they will say "wow, this car smells new". Just something about the detailing products.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information