Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Spray Nozzles (Continuing the Garden Hose thread)

Rather than hi-jack the thread Garden Hose
    I thought I would start a new thread about nozzles.
    I am just wondering what fellow Autopians are attaching to their new hoses that they are buying to use for car washing.

Me, I`ve used and am using twist-type brass spray nozzles. But when I drop the hose-&-nozzle end to the ground, I`ve cracked a few ends of the brass nozzle when it landed randomly on the very tip of the nozzle. Most of the Made in China (what is not these days!) nozzles leak at the base where the twist nozzle meets the hose connector base; just not good quality control.

I will put in my plug for this American-based company making nozzles and watering/irrigation equipment in my home state of Wisconsin:
    DRAMM - Nozzles
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Nozzles (Continuing the Garden Hose thread)

I use one of these. Works great if you have decent water pressure. My main problem is my quick disconnect fittings constantly get chewed up and are difficult to disconnect when they don`t have a good sharp edge to lock them together.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a fire hose nozzle. Can`t wait to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Adam`s Fire Hose Nozzle. It was pricey but I like it. It is durable compared to the plastic ones that break often.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a firehose ..and doesn`t work for crap.. Guess I don`t have enough pressure a guess...so put the regular cheap plastic nozzle on in meantime..
    Also not sure about my new 75ft flexzilla
    My first impression was kinkzilla
    It would literally kink every 6 inches..
    Once I got that corrected it`s better but sometimes tempermental to were I loose pressure at times..

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine from Wal-Mart , super cheap and works better than the nozzle that came with my foam gun. Unfortunately I cannot attach the container to this nozzle so I got quick connect fittings to switch quickly between rinse,foam gun and pressure washer use .

I like this one because it was a rubber covering on the tip , the trigger operation is very smooth , and the spray pattern is easy to adjust and control due to how smooth the trigger is. I also needed something lightweight that i could fully operate with just one hand for efficiency.

IMG_20160511_1147017_rewind.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I will amend my comments.

I purchased my first fire hose nozzle from Phil at DD. I was not that happy with the spray pattern. I then purchased the Adam`s from Phil and really liked it much better. I took the first one to another location and when I used it there I was much happier.

My house has lower GPM and water pressure (due to a whole house water softener). I get about 3GPM from the hose. At the second location, I can 5+ GPM and better constant water pressure so water pressure and GPM can affect the performance depending on the design.

My conclusion they work both fine in higher GPM/Pressure situations but if you are on in a lower pressure/water flow (like super long hose runs), the Adam`s works better.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I first used one of these nozzles over 50 years ago when I worked in a Gas Station that did hand washes and have used one ever since when washing my own cars. After giving the car a good PW I`ll put this nozzle on while washing. To create water flow you just bend the nozzle and to stop water flow you just let go of the nozzle. Safe around paint as it`s rubber and very convenient to use since you just pick it up and bend it--great when doing a full wash and want to rinse section by section. Great for a flood type rinse.

[IMG][/IMG]
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

pwaug- My flex-to-flow nozzle just died on me the other week after decades of good sevice...had it it back before i bought the Jag in `85 so I guess I got my $ worth.

That`s about the only nozzle (in the conventional sense) I use when doing the vehicles and I only use that when doing a "wheels only" touchup or filling the steamer, but I still want to replace it ASAP. Not forceful enough flow for me to use it otherwise, but simply great for jobs where avoiding overspray is the primary concern.

I have a *vast* assortment of nozzles, including at least three..or is it four...of the fancy ones from Griot`s. But I simply never use them when washing the vehicles, still preferring the plastic female quick-disconnects with a shutoff. They simply do everything I want a "nozzle" to do, and I like them far better.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, those "fireman`s" nozzles look like they`d be a PIA to use with one hand. The "squeeze the lever to flow" ones spray water everywhere if you drop them wrong. Ones like my Griot`s are OK if controlled by a shutoff, but they`re big and bulky and generally take two hands to adjust.

Heh heh, I guess I`m a real contrarian when it comes to hose nozzles, but for the specific application of washing vehicles I just have little use for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    My main problem is my quick disconnect fittings constantly get chewed up and are difficult to disconnect when they don`t have a good sharp edge to lock them together...
    Wish I could remember where I got my brass quick-disconnects, my old ones have held up great for *decades*, and my newer "full flow" ones appear at least as good. They *were* rather pricey though.

No, I do *not* have/like/want the ones with plastic rings. Not necessary and they increase the girth too much for my taste, might even make it easier to accidentally uncouple them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, those "fireman`s" nozzles look like they`d be a PIA to use with one hand. The "squeeze the lever to flow" ones spray water everywhere if you drop them wrong. Ones like my Griot`s are OK if controlled by a shutoff, but they`re big and bulky and generally take two hands to adjust.

Heh heh, I guess I`m a real contrarian when it comes to hose nozzles, but for the specific application of washing vehicles I just have little use for them.
    I loved the old gas station type nozzle you showed, used em when I worked as a gas jockey too.. But I use hydro now and then and it necessitates high pressure, the fire nozzle delivers. It is also sturdy as all heck.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a set of brass quick disconnects at HF last year, when I was there to get something else. Suprisingly, they don`t leak at all and connect and disconnect just fine. I have `em on my hose nozzle, my PW and two lawn sprinklers. I think I only paid about 8 bucks for the whole set. Of course, if it`sanything like my past HF experiences, once you find something decent, you go back to buy more and they`ll be cheapened up.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have the Adam`s Fire Hose Nozzle. It was pricey but I like it. It is durable compared to the plastic ones that break often.
    I love the Firehose nozzle Al but I simply don`t have the water pressure to make it work well.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information