Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Nozzles (Continuing the Garden Hose thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
    I bought a set of brass quick disconnects at HF last year, when I was there to get something else. Suprisingly, they don`t leak at all and connect and disconnect just fine. I have `em on my hose nozzle, my PW and two lawn sprinklers. I think I only paid about 8 bucks for the whole set. Of course, if it`sanything like my past HF experiences, once you find something decent, you go back to buy more and they`ll be cheapened up.

Bill
    Just bought another set yesterday from HF. I think I paid $6.00. I have them on everything that gets connected to a hose. Makes things so much easier.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    I first used one of these nozzles over 50 years ago when I worked in a Gas Station that did hand washes and have used one ever since when washing my own cars. After giving the car a good PW I`ll put this nozzle on while washing. To create water flow you just bend the nozzle and to stop water flow you just let go of the nozzle. Safe around paint as it`s rubber and very convenient to use since you just pick it up and bend it--great when doing a full wash and want to rinse section by section. Great for a flood type rinse.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Isn`t that what they used for filling the radiator. They had one next to the air supply at a Exxon I worked at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Isn`t that what they used for filling the radiator. They had one next to the air supply at a Exxon I worked at.
    We used em all over the station. Made a great rinse when we washed the floors (weekly) with kerosene..............
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I love the Firehose nozzle Al but I simply don`t have the water pressure to make it work well.
    Then try the one I linked Pat. Seems to create pressure
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post

I like this one because it was a rubber covering on the tip , the trigger operation is very smooth , and the spray pattern is easy to adjust and control due to how smooth the trigger is. I also needed something lightweight that i could fully operate with just one hand for efficiency.

I have that same one, and like it because of the rubber cover that goes over the threaded portion. That threaded part is another reason I got it, though haven`t used it.

I also picked one up at Home Depot, for less than 5 bucks, because it`s super light and has a "light squeeze" trigger. I`m not sure if it`s designed for ergonomics or people with like carpal tunnel. All I know is that I loaned it to my gf (who has a slight case of carpal tunnel) and she loved it. Pretty much took it from me.

Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I have that same one, and like it because of the rubber cover that goes over the threaded portion. That threaded part is another reason I got it, though haven`t used it.

I also picked one up at Home Depot, for less than 5 bucks, because it`s super light and has a "light squeeze" trigger. I`m not sure if it`s designed for ergonomics or people with like carpal tunnel. All I know is that I loaned it to my gf (who has a slight case of carpal tunnel) and she loved it. Pretty much took it from me.

Is that your garage???

It`s too neat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Is that your garage???

It`s too neat
    I`ve gone crazy. I started vacuuming the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

mines just soooooooo cluttered

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I first used one of these nozzles over 50 years ago when I worked in a Gas Station that did hand washes and have used one ever since when washing my own cars. After giving the car a good PW I`ll put this nozzle on while washing. To create water flow you just bend the nozzle and to stop water flow you just let go of the nozzle. Safe around paint as it`s rubber and very convenient to use since you just pick it up and bend it--great when doing a full wash and want to rinse section by section. Great for a flood type rinse.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Pwaug -

I remember those too !!! Loved them !

Yes, after a good pressure wash, this is how you finish, with a more controlled wide stream to also help the water to flow off the vehicle= less to dry..

Where did you get yours ?
    I have not seen them around for such a long time..

Thanks for sharing that pic -
    Dan F
    Likes pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    We used em all over the station. Made a great rinse when we washed the floors (weekly) with kerosene..............
    Wow, that brought back memories. I always worked week ends and every Sunday morning we had to scrub all three bays with Kerosene then just squirt it down the drain--how times change.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan-- Got my last one from Lonn about 10 years ago when they were allot less expensive. They have a number of different models depending on what type of flow you want. Water Savers - Lonn Manufacturing
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Ronkh thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan-- Got my last one from Lonn about 10 years ago when they were allot less expensive. They have a number of different models depending on what type of flow you want. Water Savers - Lonn Manufacturing
    Thank you, Mi Amigo !
    I will see about ordering one up..
    Can`t get more simple and efficient than that..
    And your Horsey ( Look out for that Horsey-Sauce.. or Unicorn can step on it and not hurt it !
    It doesn`t get better than this...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    I use one of these. Works great if you have decent water pressure. My main problem is my quick disconnect fittings constantly get chewed up and are difficult to disconnect when they don`t have a good sharp edge to lock them together.

I have one similar to this. After one drop mine leaks really bad at the handle screws.

I also have an AG firman hose and it works ok. I hate how the water pressure needs readjusting after I turn it off and back on. It is also a little bulky and on the heavy side.

I would like to try the Adams hose nozzle. It seems well made. It is just hard to justify a hose nozzle at that price.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

I think they make a foaming attachment for it hence the threaded portion. I actually was able to thread one of my quick connect couplings to try to use my former attachment (from another brand) but the quick connects were not compatible. I also like the light trigger is because I get mild carpal tunnel symptoms as well and this one feels great in my hands.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that as I still need to replace mine. I was gonna order from one of the usual places but I like the idea of having different models to choose from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information