Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revolutionary product review (copy and paste)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz
    Yeah, I saw the spammers PM`s after we busted him and banned him for spamming by PM and him getting reported to us by another member.

He never deleted your PMs to him.

You wrote him the email after both parties were caught. I waited until you posted your hype thread in the public forums and told you no no no.
    That`s rich.

I think that I`ll stick to the facts.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know why people are always hating on Zaino. It is truly a superb product line. Better than four star and poorboys IMO.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THECLEANER
    I dont know why people are always hating on Zaino. It is truly a superb product line. Better than four star and poorboys IMO.

I don`t think that people hate Zaino, I just think that they dislike the Zaino Zealots always hyping the product claiming that it`s gods gift to the world. Detailing is all about personal preference. What works for some may not work for others.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    I don`t think that people hate Zaino, I just think that they dislike the Zaino Zealots always hyping the product claiming that it`s gods gift to the world. Detailing is all about personal preference. What works for some may not work for others.
    Product Hype?

When XMT, Duragloss, Collinite, Edge 2000 pads, DP Foam Soap, PwS V3, etc.. were introduced to DC they didn`t see this kind of a `Warm Welcome`.

Why don`t you guys just say:

"Non Forum-Sponsored Products Aren`t Up For Discussion".

That`s pretty easy, and then everyone is crystal clear on the format.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    Product Hype?

When XMT, Duragloss, Collinite, Edge 2000 pads, DP Foam Soap, PwS V3, etc.. were introduced to DC they didn`t see this kind of a `Warm Welcome`.

Case in point. I don`t think any of those products combined receive as much hype as Zaino. I recall each of them being released and thoroughly reviewed by a select few. These unbiased reviews stated the pros and cons of each product. When others got them, they also gave their opinion. Can you give me one instance where one members review was copied and pasted all over the internet for people to see their "unbiased opinion" on a "revolutionary" product from one of our sponsors? I don`t care if a product that isn`t made by a sponsored vendor is discussed here. Actually, I would encourage it. That is the only way for our members to stay informed on what`s out there. I just would like an actual discussion with opinions formed by the members typing them. I would like pros and cons, not just pros. People touting a product just repeating the same praises over and over again without listing any slight drawbacks that product might have will only deter me from purchasing that product.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    Product Hype?

I guess you and your neighbor get together and come up with this stuff and you start to believe your own conspiracies after a while.

So are you telling me that you can`t find any products discussions on Detail City that would not be available from companies that advertise here?

That`s pretty weak on your part John and it just goes to show that will say anything regardless of whether it is true or not. You are just doing a little PR campaighn to try and make yourself and GBG-TL not look like shills but the one that is CRYSTAL CLEAR is that you guys have an agenda and when your agenda didn`t go as planned, you went on the defensive and on the offensive.

I think you said that you were going to stick to the facts. My question to you is, when are you going to start?

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    This place isn`t fun anymore... I miss Dwayne
    I`m sorry you think this place isn`t fun anymore, there are plenty of good threads on here meant to be fun and informative. This isn`t one of them, that`s for sure.

This was the only post in this whole thread that I saw was necessary for me to respond to. The rest is just interesting "soap opera" reading. I am coming into this argument late and I don`t know the whole history, but I trust my moderators and if someone was banned or rebuked, I`m sure it was for good reason. It is ashame that we have to have moderators spend their time keeping product manufactures from using shills to promote their products.

Troy

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgm2003
    Product Hype?

Case in point. I don`t think any of those products combined receive as much hype as Zaino. I recall each of them being released and thoroughly reviewed by a select few. These unbiased reviews stated the pros and cons of each product. When others got them, they also gave their opinion. Can you give me one instance where one members review was copied and pasted all over the internet for people to see their "unbiased opinion" on a "revolutionary" product from one of our sponsors? I don`t care if a product that isn`t made by a sponsored vendor is discussed here. Actually, I would encourage it. That is the only way for our members to stay informed on what`s out there. I just would like an actual discussion with opinions formed by the members typing them. I would like pros and cons, not just pros. People touting a product just repeating the same praises over and over again without listing any slight drawbacks that product might have will only deter me from purchasing that product.
    I couldn`t agree more with the above response. When I offered samples of PwS V3 we offered them to ANYONE with their order (i couldn`t afford to ship them all for free. I gave away over 150 16oz bottles with no strings attached . I never ask people to go from forum to forum touting how great my products are! The sponsors PAY to have a seperate forum to talk about their products and introduce new ones. There is also an ignore option for those who don`t want to see or hear what the sponsors or anyone else has to say.. Autogeek, Edge and myself not only help support the monetary upkeep of DC, but we all spend our time here to help out with questions. BTW ..my kids graduated 1st grade last year and didn`t get a present
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    im going to get into this, why becsue its fun, and i cant resitst.
    I am going to have to agree with you whole heartily. I have a reputation on this forum and many others of being a person who will try anything and give it an honset opion. It dosent matter what it costs, or who makes it. I am a firm beliver that every product desrves a chance If you dont belive me well thats fine, ask around. i wont drang anyone into it, but go ahead start a thread its who i am. Period

I have tired Zaino, and it dosent live up to the hype. I know everyone likes there own product but cumon, it dosent deliver as claimed, or as people say. It dosent look good even for a sealent. I do think its an over hyped product. It is asy to use and gives better results then otc.

If there is anyone who wants to argue with me go for it. But i will call you a fool.. heehee

and for those who are about to call me egotistical.. i do hav a reputaion, i am know for my reviews.. so deal with it

well im done for the night, im going back to my bottle of jack.

Well you are centainly entiteled to your opinion. Z2pro might not be for everyone. I persoanlly like Z5pro topped with Z8. It delivers killer results on my navy blue metallic paint. If your unable to see what all the fuss is about with Zaino I`m somewhat skeptical. Zaino is the most water resistant, longest lasting beading product I`VE EVER USED -PERIOD. It looks better than Collinite 845 and lasts longer too. To not be able to see that with your eyes I find somewhat shocking. That`s not to say that oil laden products might not look better for a couple days and a couple washes tho.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity
    I`m sorry you think this place isn`t fun anymore, there are plenty of good threads on here meant to be fun and informative. This isn`t one of them, that`s for sure.

This was the only post in this whole thread that I saw was necessary for me to respond to. The rest is just interesting "soap opera" reading. I am coming into this argument late and I don`t know the whole history, but I trust my moderators and if someone was banned or rebuked, I`m sure it was for good reason. It is ashame that we have to have moderators spend their time keeping product manufactures from using shills to promote their products.

Troy
    I`m not sure. It seems as if new posts are few and far between. Posts get deleted (seems like it isn`t an open community). Sponsors aren`t answering questions in their forum. The commercial forums get the most traffic. Maybe it`s about marketing.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgm2003
    Product Hype?

I couldn`t agree more with the above response. When I offered samples of PwS V3 we offered them to ANYONE with their order (i couldn`t afford to ship them all for free. I gave away over 150 16oz bottles with no strings attached . I never ask people to go from forum to forum touting how great my products are! The sponsors PAY to have a seperate forum to talk about their products and introduce new ones. There is also an ignore option for those who don`t want to see or hear what the sponsors or anyone else has to say.. Autogeek, Edge and myself not only help support the monetary upkeep of DC, but we all spend our time here to help out with questions. BTW ..my kids graduated 1st grade last year and didn`t get a present

I hope that you aren`t insinuating that another manufacturer asks his beta testers to hype his products or make exaggerated claims. I don`t believe that is the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we all just get along!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I hope that you aren`t insinuating that another manufacturer asks his beta testers to hype his products or make exaggerated claims. I don`t believe that is the case.
    we have seen it before ... and yes I have learned from seeing those experiences by either keeping new products in development very hush hush or making them available to anyone...friend or not.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

I would be kind of curious to see what the reaction would be if someone (not the reviewer) did a cut and paste of Poorboys new PwS over at the detailersclub (where Sal is a sponsor) without being able to answer any questions.
    How do you think the Admins and mods would react of there???

Why don`t you feel free to do that and let us know what the response is

"J"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information