Is Simple Green Simple?
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Tried the Spotfree H20 System?

Has anyone tried this system? Has anyone seen anyone talk about this system on any of the boards?

www.spotfreeh20.com

I`m looking for something along these lines but the fact that I can find VERY LITTLE information about it is bugging me... I`m not sure I want to spend $300 plus on something as a `tester`.

Any help is MOST appreciated!!

RP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Tried the Spotfree H20 System?

Products like that, if they actually work, are usually good buys. You`d be quite surprised at what is in the clean, clear water coming out of your hose. This isn`t to say that it`s bad water but it could be more mineral free. Systems like the Spotfree remove the minerals that cause water hardness and water spots, this makes your soaps more effective (less minerals trapped in the water means more minerals trapped on the car). I don`t know if it`s worth $300, if you were a professional I would say go for it, but for the home enthusiast it`s probably a bit much.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Is Simple Green Simple?
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubafeak
    Products like that, if they actually work, are usually good buys. You`d be quite surprised at what is in the clean, clear water coming out of your hose. This isn`t to say that it`s bad water but it could be more mineral free. Systems like the Spotfree remove the minerals that cause water hardness and water spots, this makes your soaps more effective (less minerals trapped in the water means more minerals trapped on the car). I don`t know if it`s worth $300, if you were a professional I would say go for it, but for the home enthusiast it`s probably a bit much.

Thanks for the reply tuba... I do understand water chemistry for the most part (I`m a hydrologist by trade). The water source for my area is the Ohio River... immediately upstream towards Pennsylvania lies strata very high in CaCO3 (limestone). Our water, being slightly acidic by nature and by geological characteristic, actually brings some of the CA+ ions into solution and, even though city water is floced for metals and other heavies, we still have an ample share... In short, our water is almost crunchy. LOL!

I do an occasional detail on the weekends (and have been doing this for a while) when work isn`t in the way and thus, that`s why I`m investigating this option. As an owner of a 05` black SuperCrew King Ranch F-150 and also a Dark Green 04` Explorer Eddie Bauer, trust me, I`ve seen my fair share of spots after the wash.

There are oodles of systems on the market that I`ve investigated and the SpotFree H20 System is one that I haven`t been able to find much about it... I would invest in a softener system for the house but, at this point in time, I don`t think it`s worth it to me as I don`t forsee us in this house for many more years... just seems like it`d be an expensive investment that I`d either have to leave behind or have a lot of problem pulling out of line and taking with me... plus, the schematics of my house really aren`t laid out too well for a softener (there`d be some major modifications to get one in here).

Soooo...

With that in mind, I`m checking out this SPOTFREE system...

Anyone heard of it? Seen it on a board some where? Used it?

HELLLLLLLLLLLP!

RP

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice reply RP. I`ve done a little searching and found this... Water Stick

I`m not too sure about either of them. Please keep us posted.

Here`s a PM from Superior Shine...

"Re: Spot free water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want deionized water. Look for a company in your area that offers filters that will give you DI water. US Filter is one that does."

Maybe that will help too. Good luck.

Is Simple Green Simple?
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that link Scrub... I`ve read a little bit about that unit... the price is certainly MUCH better than that of the Spot Free H20 System but, to my recollection, there was more negative than positive on the Water Stick... I`m begining to think I`m going to have to be the guinea pig on the Spot Free System... we`ll see.

Thanks again man!

--RP--

Post Thanks / Like

Rockpick

Can you tell me where you got that avatar.........that is a classic.........sorry for the thread hijack
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Is Simple Green Simple?
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL... I`m really not sure where I snagged it... probably another board honestly.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have any info on the specific system you mentioned. The price I paid for the standard capacity system listed below was a little less and I have been satisified with its performance since purchasing it just over 2 years ago.

If you do have hard water, and don`t already have a water softener, I would recommend you get a soft water filter system similar to this http://www.bojifilters.com/. It uses a resin based filter that can be regenerated with a brine solution.

This water softener alone provides me with about a 90% decrease in water spotting when drying my black Audi vs. my standard tap water.

Note: I rinse and then blow dry with a electric leaf blower. You may already know this, but these types of softener systems do not deliver truly "spot free" rinsing. To achieve spot free you would need to consider using something like a deionized filtering system like the system listed here. http://www.crspotless.com/ Several members of the Autopia board have reported good results and they seem to like their CR spotless DI systems.

Other board members have also reported positive results with some of these garden hose filter systems listed here. http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any way to test the overall quality of your water easily? I understand there is a TDS meter for dissolved solids, but can you test other characteristics of your water. I`ve noticed whenever I mix my soap solution, that the suds do appear, but when transfered to the paint there is no suds that stay with my mitt... Also When watering flowers I`ve seen foamy water appear on the soil =(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Woob
    Is there any way to test the overall quality of your water easily? I understand there is a TDS meter for dissolved solids, but can you test other characteristics of your water. I`ve noticed whenever I mix my soap solution, that the suds do appear, but when transfered to the paint there is no suds that stay with my mitt... Also When watering flowers I`ve seen foamy water appear on the soil =(

Sure, there are do-it-yourself kits you can get from a pet supply store like for an aquarium. A spa/pool supply store should have test kits, too. I`m sure water testing would be under your local yellow pages if you were to go that route. You might check with your local municipal water authority in your city for more info.

Here is a link to a test kit that does most of what you want for $19.95. http://www.watersafetestkits.com/html/drinkingkits.asp

Thread Information